Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2771
    KD Achilles. Not good

Nope, not good. Hope Durant is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    KD Achilles. Not good
    sucks, hopefully it's not torn.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Looked more like his calf...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Update now says calf strain. Better. Keep hope alive

I have sound off. Cannot stand Reggie Miller. Never in doubt, often wrong.

Damn, another wild finish and close game. Good series so far except all of the whining from both sides.
    It sucks to suck.

Rockets went limp in the fourth. Looney carried out a hit on Capela tonight and also grabbed a bunch of key rebounds. The story will be Steph and Klay but Looney stepped up in big way too.

I dunno, was kind of the classic torn achillies non-contact thing, but he walked off better than I thought.

Funny to see the dubs return to glory after KD went out, they play more fun for some reason. As a Seattle guy, I used to love KD, but GSW is weirdly more entertaining without him IMHO.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Rockets went limp in the fourth. Looney carried out a hit on Capela tonight and also grabbed a bunch of key rebounds. The story will be Steph and Klay but Looney stepped up in big way too.
    Looney was the player of the game IMO. Grabbing boards and doing work all game long, some of which won’t show up in the box score. Draymond had a great game too in the same way.

Kerr just confirmed in the post game that it’s definitely not Achilles
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Go Bruins
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Harden took 1 shot - a layup - in last 8:30 of that game.

Celtics arent gonna win for a while
    Curse of the Gordino.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Harden took 1 shot - a layup - in last 8:30 of that game.
    And he went 1-8 in the 4th quarter of last game.

I have to say, Eric Gordon has been an absolute stud and is looking like a steal at 12-13 million per year. He'll make a lot more than that when he's a free agent in 2020. If not for him, the Warriors would have swept and the narrative would be about how CP3 has lost a step (that 4 year / 160 million deal is going to look worse and worse).

Game 6 should be interesting with the Warriors resuming the underdog role despite the 3-2 lead. They were lacking depth even before losing Boogie and KD. So starting lineup will be Steph, Klay, Iggy, Looney, and Draymond? Not bad...small... but the bench isn't pretty. Those guys are going to have to play some extra minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Yup. Garbage. Yeah, Kyrie deserves plenty of blame, but so does Stevens.
    They nailed it. The 'all stars' got in the way of last years team.
    https://www.nba.com/video/2019/05/09...mil-bos-game-5

Stevens has openly accepted the blame. Their shooting was terrible. Kyrie was awful for 4 straight games. While that sucks, I'm not sure what the correct narrative is here. I still want him to re sign.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    I dunno, was kind of the classic torn achillies non-contact thing, but he walked off better than I thought.

Funny to see the dubs return to glory after KD went out, they play more fun for some reason. As a Seattle guy, I used to love KD, but GSW is weirdly more entertaining without him IMHO.
    Seems like most guys that tear achilles are writhing in pain. He didn't seem to be doing that. I hope it's just a calf strain.

I agree. I think KD is incredible. But when the splash bros go cold, it becomes a KD iso game and they never have a chance to get hot again. As much as I don't want KD out, this may be the kick in the ass the dubs need.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I agree. I think KD is incredible. But when the splash bros go cold, it becomes a KD iso game and they never have a chance to get hot again. As much as I don't want KD out, this may be the kick in the ass the dubs need.
    Their record without KD is pretty solid, but that was the regular season and I'd feel a lot better about it if we still had Boogie. If Curry goes off in game 6 and they win, get ready for some extreme hot takes about them being better without KD. If they do advance and end up playing Denver, Jokic is going to be a real problem if KD isn't back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Stevens has openly accepted the blame. Their shooting was terrible. Kyrie was awful for 4 straight games. While that sucks, I'm not sure what the correct narrative is here. I still want him to re sign.
    Yeah, I don't believe Kyrie was the only guy on that team that was a problem, but he is the only one who publicly accepted any responsibility. Rozier came out today and said that there was a lot of selfishness in the locker room that made Stevens job pretty extremely difficult. Didn't sound like he was blaming one person at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Stevens is an excellent coach and seemingly took blame in proportion to a coach’s role.

Floor leadership is required to win. Who will be the Celtics’ floor leaders? And, are those floor leaders good enough as players to truly lead? (See, for example, LeBron, Curry, Kawhi)

Their record without KD is pretty solid, but that was the regular season and I'd feel a lot better about it if we still had Boogie. If Curry goes off in game 6 and they win, get ready for some extreme hot takes about them being better without KD. If they do advance and end up playing Denver, Jokic is going to be a real problem if KD isn't back in time.
    I know he's not a scorer like Boogie is, but couldn't Bogut at least put up some resistance to Jokic inside?

This was my initial reaction before the way they acted after it... now: fuck ‘em. I’d type that in comic sans if I could.
    I don't agree with this take at all (I assume you are talking about the fans? Can't blame the fans that have suffered for 40 years...), but the comic sans comment is fucking funny.

I think he's still salty about the Halloween cookies.

Also this sounds like a dumb hot take, but Steph scoring like 150 points all from half court in game 6 would not shock me at all. He might be a team player, but dude's a competitor and this is his shot to remind everyone who he is.
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 05-09-2019 at 10:56 AM.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    I know he's not a scorer like Boogie is, but couldn't Bogut at least put up some resistance to Jokic inside?
    I figure that would be the plan... but he can only play so many minutes at this point.