Page 71 of 111 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2771
    Glad we got that settled, the Pacers fan thinks it should be Myles, the Sixers fan thinks it should be Embiid, and the Celtics fan thinks it should be Horford.

For me it's that he stepped up his game in a big way this year, mostly with getting in to shape and focusing more on defense. It'd be nice to see him get recognized for that. Maybe next year.

Bucks get their act together back at home without Drake to distract them?
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Glad we got that settled, the Pacers fan thinks it should be Myles, the Sixers fan thinks it should be Embiid, and the Celtics fan thinks it should be Horford.

For me it's that he stepped up his game in a big way this year, mostly with getting in to shape and focusing more on defense. It'd be nice to see him get recognized for that. Maybe next year.
    See how easy that was?

FWIW, some of this award is reputational, and it takes a bit of time before people get recognized (and the flip side, sometimes people get picked after they have started to slide, I'm looking at you Chris Paul). I don't think Marcus Smart all of a sudden became the defensive beast that just got picked. Turner DID get noticed, the fact he was just on the outside shows that. If he continues to beast, it will happen.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NBA 2018/2019 thread

I don’t think the Bucks are distracted, I think Nick Nurse was distracted by Drake’s mid-game massage.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I haven't watched enough of either to know who is better. And I agree that +/- is a flawed stat. Personally, I'd take Horford's D over either. And it's not just his ability to guard everyone on the floor, and do it well. It's how he quarterbacks the team. I think that is often an underrated part of defense, especially for a center.

When I used to play ultimate, and our team played zone defense, the most effective defenders were not always the best "cover" guys, it was the guys who could see the entire field, and communicate with every defensive player as the offense tried to break the D down.
    Yeah, takes both the communication/team defense and the cover guys. Horford and Draymond are excellent communicators. Tim Duncan was awesome. Bogut is a great communicator, but coverage, em, not so much.
    Last edited by 54-46; 05-23-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I don’t think the Bucks are distracted, I think Nick Nurse was distracted by Drake’s mid-game massage.
    Bucks were missing shots. If Raptors get back in transition then Bucks still need to go early/secondary break to get better shots. “Your turn/my turn” seems better pace for Raps.

I'm a C's fan. Wouldn't complain a bit if Turner was in there. Embiid won it because of celebrity. On the plus side it will reaffirm Embiid's belief that he is already on par with the best players in the game, which in turn will contribute to his overall lack of development. That doesn't bother me at all.

^^^^^shhhhh. he's pool training with laird hamilton. laird has one hell of a program.

...at least i wish he was.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm a C's fan. Wouldn't complain a bit if Turner was in there. Embiid won it because of celebrity. On the plus side it will reaffirm Embiid's belief that he is already on par with the best players in the game, which in turn will contribute to his overall lack of development. That doesn't bother me at all.
    he is already one of the best players in the game. But yeah, sure seems like he could completely dominate with more work.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Raptors definitely did a good job of slowing the Bucks down and making them play a Raptors-style half court game. Giannis was getting frustrated as well, and that Raptors bench we all knew could be great finally showed up. Great back and forth series so far.

I think this Summer is critical for Embiid. He has the ability to be truly elite but currently has played 158 games over 5 seasons. The rumor is that he doesn't have a good work ethic and even worse eating habits (remember him on the sideline eating a burger before a game?). Seeing him after that game 7 lost though, it seems like he does really care and might use this summer to turn his health around. Butler seems like a good player to help with that too.
    It sucks to suck.

he is already one of the best players in the game. But yeah, sure seems like he could completely dominate with more work.
    By best I mean Curry, Durant, Giannis, Harden, Kawhi. He's not even sniffing that group. With better shot selection, an average 3 pt shot, and smarter D he could be right on the edge. I'm not sure he thinks he has any work left to do. I don't think he's a top ten player now. Does too many little things wrong and doesn't own it. Jokic is a better player with a fraction of the talent.

Edit to add: Better fitness would help too.

Another championship for the GSW, yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    By best I mean Curry, Durant, Giannis, Harden, Kawhi. He's not even sniffing that group. With better shot selection, an average 3 pt shot, and smarter D he could be right on the edge. I'm not sure he thinks he has any work left to do. I don't think he's a top ten player now. Does too many little things wrong and doesn't own it. Jokic is a better player with a fraction of the talent.

Edit to add: Better fitness would help too.
    I think he is definitely top 10, and he's certainly top 15. I think you may be downgrading him because of the things he does wrong that bother you. But totally agree that it seems like he doesn't work as hard on his game or his fitness as he should. And it sure seems like he could be in the conversation of best player in the league if he did those things.

But without real knowledge, I am always wary of accusing athletes we don't know of not working hard.

Giannis
    Durant
    Curry
    Harden
    Leonard
    Lebron
    George
    Davis
    Lillard
    Jokic

I put Embiid with Westbrook and Irving just outside the top ten. Those three are all missing something the top ten guys have. Maybe Davis is missing it too. We won't know until he plays for a good team.

The Wizards and Warriors breath a sigh of relief, as neither Klay nor Beal made it (and thus no supermax on the table).

2018-19 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM

Position | Player, Team | 1st Team (5 Pts.) | 2nd Team (3 Pts.) | 3rd Team (1 Pt.) | Total | All-NBA Selections

F Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee | 100 | -- | -- | 500 | 3 (one 1st, two 2nd)
    G James Harden, Houston | 100 | -- | -- | 500 | 6 (five 1st, one 3rd)
    G Stephen Curry, Golden State | 91 | 9 | -- | 482 | 6 (three 1st, two 2nd, one 3rd)
    F Paul George, Oklahoma City | 71 | 25 | 3 | 433 | 5 (one 1st, four 3rd)
    C Nikola Jokić, Denver | 59 | 38 | 2 | 411 | 1

2018-19 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

Position | Player, Team | 1st Team (5 Pts.) | 2nd Team (3 Pts.) | 3rd Team (1 Pt.) | Total | All-NBA Selections

C Joel Embiid, Philadelphia | 40 | 57 | 4 | 375 | 2 (two 2nd)
    F Kevin Durant, Golden State | 29 | 71 | -- | 358 | 9 (six 1st, three 2nd)
    G Damian Lillard, Portland | 8 | 87 | 5 | 306 | 4 (one 1st, two 2nd, one 3rd)
    F Kawhi Leonard, Toronto | -- | 73 | 23 | 242 | 3 (two 1st, one 2nd)
    G Kyrie Irving, Boston | -- | 52 | 39 | 195 | 2 (one 2nd, one 3rd)

2018-19 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

G Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City | 1 | 43 | 44 | 178 | 8 (two 1st, five 2nd, one 3rd)
    F Blake Griffin, Detroit | -- | 13 | 76 | 115 | 5 (three 2nd, two 3rd)
    F LeBron James, L.A. Lakers | -- | 13 | 72 | 111 | 15 (12 1st, two 2nd, one 3rd)
    C Rudy Gobert, Utah | 1 | 5 | 69 | 89 | 2 (one 2nd, one 3rd)
    G Kemba Walker, Charlotte | -- | 4 | 39 | 51 | 1

And Nuggets fans think it should be...wait...huh.

Wait! I got it: Nuggets fans think it should be renamed to most creative offensive player of the year! Jokic! Defense sucks!

The Wizards and Warriors breath a sigh of relief, as neither Klay nor Beal made it (and thus no supermax on the table).

2018-19 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM

F Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee | 100 | -- | -- | 500 | 3 (one 1st, two 2nd)
    G James Harden, Houston | 100 | -- | -- | 500 | 6 (five 1st, one 3rd)
    G Stephen Curry, Golden State | 91 | 9 | -- | 482 | 6 (three 1st, two 2nd, one 3rd)
    F Paul George, Oklahoma City | 71 | 25 | 3 | 433 | 5 (one 1st, four 3rd)
    C Nikola Jokić, Denver | 59 | 38 | 2 | 411 | 1

2018-19 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

C Joel Embiid, Philadelphia | 40 | 57 | 4 | 375 | 2 (two 2nd)
    F Kevin Durant, Golden State | 29 | 71 | -- | 358 | 9 (six 1st, three 2nd)
    G Damian Lillard, Portland | 8 | 87 | 5 | 306 | 4 (one 1st, two 2nd, one 3rd)
    F Kawhi Leonard, Toronto | -- | 73 | 23 | 242 | 3 (two 1st, one 2nd)
    G Kyrie Irving, Boston | -- | 52 | 39 | 195 | 2 (one 2nd, one 3rd)

2018-19 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

G Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City | 1 | 43 | 44 | 178 | 8 (two 1st, five 2nd, one 3rd)
    F Blake Griffin, Detroit | -- | 13 | 76 | 115 | 5 (three 2nd, two 3rd)
    F LeBron James, L.A. Lakers | -- | 13 | 72 | 111 | 15 (12 1st, two 2nd, one 3rd)
    C Rudy Gobert, Utah | 1 | 5 | 69 | 89 | 2 (one 2nd, one 3rd)
    G Kemba Walker, Charlotte | -- | 4 | 39 | 51 | 1
    Klay just lost $30M because he’s now not eligible for Supermax contract. (He’ll still get offered $191M)

This helps the Dubs because teams can only have 2 Supermax guys.

Klay wasn't happy about it.

There isn't a single GM in the entire league that would take Paul George ahead of both KD and Kawhi. These all NBA teams are strange sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There isn't a single GM in the entire league that would take Paul George ahead of both KD and Kawhi. These all NBA teams are strange sometimes.
    George had a heck of a year, but yeah, It's all about old school counting stats.

Klay wasn't happy about it.
    I can see why he’d be angry about the snub, but as much as I love Klay’s game, he’s not a supermax player IMO. Neither is Kemba Walker for that matter - I bet Charlotte is pissed that he’s eligible now!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There isn't a single GM in the entire league that would take Paul George ahead of both KD and Kawhi.
    Scott Perry?

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Scott Perry?
    You mean the guy who constructed a KD billboard when the Warriors were in town?

In the full on self confessed homer category, how is Gobert first team all defensive team, and 3rd team all NBA and yet not an all star?
    I can see why Klay is upset about losing out on his super max deal, but there is no way he had a good enough season to make the list. Mitchell from the Jazz deserved it before he even gets a sniff.
    Biased homer enough for ya? And ya, i don’t see Kemba Walker making the roster either.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Kawhi tonight: “2nd team motherfuckers??? I’m gonna outplay Giannis on one leg!”

Raptors may have finally tasted blood.