Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 2820
  1. #2176
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    No, you were going all conspiracy theory and saying he hurt his achilles in the first place and they just told everyone it was a calf injury. Your posts are right there, I don't need to bother quoting them. I think it's obvious he wasn't 100% - literally no one said that - and athletes play while not 100% more often than they don't.

    KD is a grown ass man. If he wants to play, then fine, if he doesn't, then fine. I hate American blamer culture.

    Kawhi Leonard hurt his ankle in the playoffs a couple of years ago... while playing with an injured ankle. (everyone brings up Zaza but skips over that he hurt it in the first, or really second, place in the same game on David Lee's foot on the bench of his own sideline). That shit happens. Whatever.

  2. #2177
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Really? Firstly, I've seen no reports he left early for a flt, but regardless of a flt or back to the hotel, an hour at the arena to acknowledge his teammates is not gonna make a difference in his treatment or recovery. Not buying it. It's just Bad form as they say. Not the end of the world and at least externally his teammates don't give af so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but it was add to the perception of him as a drama queen imo
    I don't know where you're getting any of this from. What he did happens ALL THE TIME (see NFL football). His teammates sure as shit don't seem upset about it so why are you?

    And yeah, KD caught a flight to NYC that night.

  3. #2178
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Edge of the Great Basin
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    No, you were going all conspiracy theory and saying he hurt his achilles in the first place and they just told everyone it was a calf injury. Your posts are right there, I don't need to bother quoting them. I think it's obvious he wasn't 100% - literally no one said that - and athletes play while not 100% more often than they don't.

    I do think the Warriors downplayed his injury. That his Achilles was involved in addition to his calf. Either way, calf strains can lead to disruption of the Achilles tendon so in a medical sense there's an important distinction but in practical sense it's a distinction without a difference if one or the other is not allowed to heal.

    I guess you can call that a conspiracy, but as others have noted it's par for the course for teams to engage in gamesmanship.

    The larger point is that KD was cleared to play before he was ready.

    Players play with injuries but few players do it facing as much scrutiny as KD. A lot of the negative criticism for not playing from Warriors fans came in concert, perhaps coincidentally, with leaked stories from the Warriors organization downplaying the injury.

  4. #2179
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    Don't mistake sportswriter conjecture with genuine leaked information. Kawakami is known as a bit of a hack around these parts. Sometimes he's really good, but he can be a complete fuck-head too.

  5. #2180
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,305
    This thread has become almost unreadable in the last 24 hours with the absurd takes.

    And for once it isn't TahoeJ.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  6. #2181
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    680
    You guys see the Raps fans screaming at Sonya Curry? That + their fucked up reaction to KD going down somehow has me closer than ever in my life to cheering for the Warriors. Fuck. This reality makes no sense.

  7. #2182
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,816
    I have to laugh about whether the team was honest with the public re the injury. We're lucky the NHL even tells us upper body bs lower body. Guy smacks his head on the ice and is knocked out and it's "upper body injury".

    That story a page or two back about the HS FB player staying on the bench with a torn artery is scary. Not the risk of bleeding to death--those popliteal artery injuries shut off circulation and you don't have much time to fix it. A shocking number of those injuries result in amputation because docs waste time getting tests. Kid was lucky not to lose his leg.

  8. #2183
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,888
    the association theatre is fantastic.
    .

  9. #2184
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,090
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    you are not very good at reading or logic
    I do ok.

    Samuel Johnson famously said, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." If here were writing today I reckon he'd add: "Insults are the last refuge of an asshole who is wrong on the internet."

    Blowhards like Stephen A. and Costas will prattle on about "momentum" and "inspiration" because it gives them something to talk about when they have nothing else to say, which is pretty darn often. It's what they're paid to do. Players parrot such nonsense when it's convenient. It's not that Lillard was lying, it's that he was saying the easy thing that the press wanted to hear. He could have said "Yeah I saw Nurkic on the bench. That was nice, I guess, but what really matters is my focus and preparation." But then the blowhards would make up some BS about how he's selfish or a bad teammate and folks like you would buy it. Focus is what really matters, and preparation allows athletes to sustain that focus in the moments when the pressure is greatest. We saw Cousins lose focus repeatedly last night down the stretch. His teammates didn't and saved his ass.

    The notion that athletes as accomplished as Steph, Klay and Draymond would perform at a higher level because of the emotional boost of seeing their injured teammate sitting on the bench is pretty insulting, really. These guys aren't dumb jocks. They are legends because they are very smart and very dedicated. They showed it last night. Their motivation extends so far beyond what we see on the court. When motivation and inspiration really comes into play is when players decide watch extra video even though their vision is going blurry from staring at a screen, or squeeze in a workout even though they are exhausted. The best evidence we saw of that last night was the timing of Iguodala doubling Leonard, and Draymond fronting Gasol on the last play. It was perfect. That comes from hard work and intelligence. Not from “feeding off the crowd” or any other rah-rah BS.

    Beyond that, we're talking about one of the great sports Dynasties of our lifetimes. I'm no Warriors fan. I'm rooting for the Raptors. But I have enough self awareness to avoid pretending I know best how these guys should handle themselves on and off the court. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. They've pretty much proved it. They are the model of professionalism and success. Not the fucking plucky Blazers. But despite their success, they have to deal with a daily barrage of Stephen A and a bunch of fat old white dudes telling them who they should be, how they should act and how they should play. Durant's move to play for the Warriors sure wasn't the bravest move of all time, but I respect and support the way he treats reporters like idiots when they deserve it. I wonder how he'd reply to your expert opinion.

  10. #2185
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    *mic drop*


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #2186
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,305
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    *mic drop*


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    x2
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  12. #2187
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I do ok.

    Samuel Johnson famously said, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." If here were writing today I reckon he'd add: "Insults are the last refuge of an asshole who is wrong on the internet."

    Blowhards like Stephen A. and Costas will prattle on about "momentum" and "inspiration" because it gives them something to talk about when they have nothing else to say, which is pretty darn often. It's what they're paid to do. Players parrot such nonsense when it's convenient. It's not that Lillard was lying, it's that he was saying the easy thing that the press wanted to hear. He could have said "Yeah I saw Nurkic on the bench. That was nice, I guess, but what really matters is my focus and preparation." But then the blowhards would make up some BS about how he's selfish or a bad teammate and folks like you would buy it. Focus is what really matters, and preparation allows athletes to sustain that focus in the moments when the pressure is greatest. We saw Cousins lose focus repeatedly last night down the stretch. His teammates didn't and saved his ass.

    The notion that athletes as accomplished as Steph, Klay and Draymond would perform at a higher level because of the emotional boost of seeing their injured teammate sitting on the bench is pretty insulting, really. These guys aren't dumb jocks. They are legends because they are very smart and very dedicated. They showed it last night. Their motivation extends so far beyond what we see on the court. When motivation and inspiration really comes into play is when players decide watch extra video even though their vision is going blurry from staring at a screen, or squeeze in a workout even though they are exhausted. The best evidence we saw of that last night was the timing of Iguodala doubling Leonard, and Draymond fronting Gasol on the last play. It was perfect. That comes from hard work and intelligence. Not from “feeding off the crowd” or any other rah-rah BS.

    Beyond that, we're talking about one of the great sports Dynasties of our lifetimes. I'm no Warriors fan. I'm rooting for the Raptors. But I have enough self awareness to avoid pretending I know best how these guys should handle themselves on and off the court. I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. They've pretty much proved it. They are the model of professionalism and success. Not the fucking plucky Blazers. But despite their success, they have to deal with a daily barrage of Stephen A and a bunch of fat old white dudes telling them who they should be, how they should act and how they should play. Durant's move to play for the Warriors sure wasn't the bravest move of all time, but I respect and support the way he treats reporters like idiots when they deserve it. I wonder how he'd reply to your expert opinion.
    uh huh. your response to what you apparently wish i said, not what i actually said, is super powerful.

    seems like you need a seat across from stephen a.

  13. #2188
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    *mic drop*


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Look at me agreeing with you - x3
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  14. #2189
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Maybe. But I remember Bird lying on the floor so he could still play w a bad back. Achilles or calf vs that kinda pain? Or even Looneys rib? Fuck that, pussy move in comparison the more I think about it.
    That was a different era. Sadly. But it is a different ball game nowadays, and I am not referring to between the lines.
    But KD is seriously injured, so again I have no issue with him taking care of himself.

  15. #2190
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    uh huh. your response to what you apparently wish i said, not what i actually said, is super powerful.

    seems like you need a seat across from stephen a.
    Are you employed?

  16. #2191
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    uh huh. your response to what you apparently wish i said, not what i actually said, is super powerful.

    seems like you need a seat across from stephen a.
    Are you employed? Or does your wife have you on an allowance?

  17. #2192
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    Are you employed? Or does your wife have you on an allowance?
    i guess this is the really biting version, right?

  18. #2193
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    778
    Name:  3A650B47-3B07-4CD9-B634-EF97ECA63255.jpeg
Views: 161
Size:  389.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  19. #2194
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    i guess this is the really biting version, right?
    You seem to have a keen insight on Nurkic (who the fuck even is that?) versus KD. And their respective responses to injury.

    I was just curious if you were a professional sports journalist...or just an unemployed blazers blowhard who relies on his wife for an allowance.

  20. #2195
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    16,592
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    You seem to have a keen insight on Nurkic (who the fuck even is that?) versus KD. And their respective responses to injury.

    I was just curious if you were a professional sports journalist...or just an unemployed blazers blowhard who relies on his wife for an allowance.
    respective responses to injury? blazers blowhard? you seem to have black diamonds' affinity for arguing with what you wish you heard.

    try again.

  21. #2196
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5
    cool)))

  22. #2197
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Name:  3A650B47-3B07-4CD9-B634-EF97ECA63255.jpeg
Views: 161
Size:  389.5 KB
    Haha. Popcorn + NBA relevant. Well done.

  23. #2198
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    respective responses to injury? blazers blowhard? you seem to have black diamonds' affinity for arguing with what you wish you heard.

    try again.
    Happy to clarify. You were blabbing about Nurkic's response to his injury and comparing that to KD's. So you are talking about their 'respective responses to injury'. Does that help?
    And in the context of KDs catastrophic injury, you're focused on whether he sits on the bench or not.
    I'm guessing unemployed trophy husband blazers homer, not sports journalist.

  24. #2199
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NAZ
    Posts
    475
    The Athletic has reported that Kyrie Irving will turn down his player option on July 1st and become a free agent.
    It sucks to suck.

  25. #2200
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,305
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    The Athletic has reported that Kyrie Irving will turn down his player option on July 1st and become a free agent.
    SHOCKING NEWS!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •