Page 76 of 111 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2771

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    WRT next year, if Durant leaves I think the Dubs are fucked. They cannot use ANY of the $35M or so they would have tossed at Durant because they’re already over the cap without him.
    The MLE they can offer is 9 mil, btw. Plenty of quality players who they could still sign at that level. When Iggy goes the year after that will free up another 19. I don’t think they’re screwed, just reality and they were fortunate before.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-31-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    -Lowry was kind of useless.
    I disargee that Lowry was useless. He had an off shooting night, but he ran the point well, distributed 9 assists and took 3 huge charges that had huge momentum swings.

Gasol looked like his days of yore. He played great D and shoot the ball well in the first half.

I think the Warriors missed having KD on the court last night and I think KD would match up better against Siakam than Draymond. They definitely needed another scoring option besides Klay and Steph.

What a performance by Pascal Siakam?! dude couldn't miss.

To compare Curry's performance to Harden last night is absurd. Did you miss the 4th quarter, curry stepped up and got really aggressive, drove the lane and nailed some sweet pull up floaters. not harden-esque at all. I thought for a second the warriors were about to take over, but the raptors continued to answer.

How about last nights free throw shooting? that has to rank up there in highest percentage by both teams in a finals game.

This series is going to be a good one!

Lowry also hit that dagger three. Game was essentially over after that.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The MLE they can offer is 9 mil, btw. Plenty of quality players who they could still sign at that level. When Iggy goes the year after that will free up another 19. I don’t think they’re screwed, just reality and they were fortunate before.
    The $9.2 is the regular MLE; I think Dubs are at the luxury taxpayer MLE of about $5.7M (https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/02/...or-201920.html )

They (and we) have been very fortunate

I've seen conflicting reports. The NBA salary cap system has so many random little exceptions and rules that I'm pretty sure to be an expert you're required to have a PhD in advanced mathematics.

But anyway, meh, five straight finals, I'm good. When KD leaves, we'll still get plenty of fun Steph and Klay nights and they'll still be in the mix fighting for a ring for the next few years. That or maybe Lacob instructed them to go down 2-0 against Toronto so KD can be the hero and then he'll re-sign. ;-)

But anyway, meh, five straight finals, I'm good. When KD leaves, we'll still get plenty of fun Steph and Klay nights and they'll still be in the mix fighting for a ring for the next few years. That or maybe Lacob instructed them to go down 2-0 against Toronto so KD can be the hero and then he'll re-sign. ;-)
    Glad you're good with 5 straight. And dude, that was my thought after last night...KD comes in, saves the day, and then supplants Steph as the Bay Area basketball god. Could it happen?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Does this Drake stuff really mean that much to people? I couldn't name a Drake song to save my life so I really don't give much a fuck.
    The NBA supposedly had a talk with Raps about their fan v teams controls but I guess they don't GAF either.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Does this Drake stuff really mean that much to people? I couldn't name a Drake song to save my life so I really don't give much a fuck.
    The NBA supposedly had a talk with Raps about their fan v teams controls but I guess they don't GAF either.
    Drake draws attention from non-NBA fan circles/media circles and the NBA is all about crossover appeal. He's easily one of the top 5 selling recording artists of the last decade. So ya I would say he's a big deal. The NBA has always seemed to welcome celebrity superfans.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Drake draws attention from non-NBA fan circles/media circles and the NBA is all about crossover appeal. He's easily one of the top 5 selling recording artists of the last decade. So ya I would say he's a big deal. The NBA has always seemed to welcome celebrity superfans.
    Yeah, I get that. Kinda like MLB saying they were against steroids but loved the crowds they helped draw when they talked behind closed doors. Drake draws eyes to the NBA with the antics but they will have to act like they are controlling it for the integrity of the game. Ha.
    Not a Drake fan, so it is just attention grabbing shit to me. More concerned with the constant fouls...no flow.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Plus, diva shit talking is hilarious.

Heard Drake all year cuz my kid’s nickname is Kiki...

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Glad you're good with 5 straight. And dude, that was my thought after last night...KD comes in, saves the day, and then supplants Steph as the Bay Area basketball god. Could it happen?
    KD could try to be Steve Young to Curry’s Joe Montana except he’s without the telegenic excitability and leadership qualities. Oh, and Curry is still one of the most exciting players in the league to watch even if KD is more ruthlessly superb.

Heard Drake all year cuz my kid’s nickname is Kiki...
    Does he have a rap about Kiki Vandeweghe?

Does he have a rap about Kiki Vandeweghe?
    Hopefully Draymond is done kicking nuts and Kiki V will be irrelevant. Pretty sure BMills loves Kiki V though...

“Kiki, do you love me?” https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRS_PpOrUZ4

Hopefully Draymond is done kicking nuts and Kiki V will be irrelevant. Pretty sure BMills loves Kiki V though...

“Kiki, do you love me?” https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DRS_PpOrUZ4
    I’m a Luddite when it comes to pop music so forgive me for playing catch-up. All I know is I loved seeing the Cavs dismiss the Raptors year after year after year in the playoffs while their hip hop super fan got all puffy-chest behind his bodyguards.

Anyone remember this? Fucking awesome shit. He broke an entire country’s spirit that night. Well, save Quebec of course.

The last four years have been highly enjoyable to this fan, and a lot of that came at the expense of We The North.

T
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Drake - Draymond beef ramping up. Outstanding.

Drake with the phenomenal triple troll:

Wearing Steph's dad's Raptor's jersey
    Picking link out of Steph's hair
    draymondshouldn'twear23 hashtag.

I mean, this is masterclass level shit.

https://thebiglead.com/2019/05/31/dr...raymond-green/
    Yeah, that Drake guy really owned 'em. Same fella right?

https://deadspin.com/drake-tries-ver...h-c-1835139269

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Yeah, that Drake guy really owned 'em. Same fella right?

https://deadspin.com/drake-tries-ver...h-c-1835139269
    That is fanfuckingtastic. I didn't know much about this Drake fella, but this tells me a lot.

I think what tells me a lot about this Drake fella is that he got two different Warriors players to come talk trash to him at his seat last night. #draymondshouldntwear23

But really, besides Spicy P's inability to miss last night, I thought the big issue was the Warriors were giving away open shots to good players because of over-helping on Kawhi and poor rotation. Gasol had a play where he thought about the shot, almost drove, changed his mind, made sure his feet were behind the line, shot and never had a player within 5 feet of him.

They were also allowing the Raptors to exploit some pretty big mismatches (Gasol got Curry one-on-one in the post a few times) because no one wanted to leave Kawhi or Siakam to help. What do they do? Is it just better discipline or do they need to rethink their gameplan a bit and risk letting Kawhi go off for 40?
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    We The North.
    Fun fact: Portland is further North than Toronto.

That is fanfuckingtastic. I didn't know much about this Drake fella, but this tells me a lot.

this guy, too!

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...kissing-video/

This was good. ‘not Drake’ lol

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us...ho-s-not-drake

^Stoked for this guy and all the diehard fans out there
    Last edited by OregonDead; 06-02-2019 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Tru fan Nav

Fun fact: Portland is further North than Toronto.
    So is Minneapolis.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    So is Minneapolis.
    Of course. But I think a lot of people might guess that, while Portland kind of surprises people.

I think tonight is going to be a close one. If you told me the winner of tonight's game will win the series, I'd probably agree. Not that the Warriors would be done down 2-0 (you could say Toronto held serve at home and KD is coming back) but it's never a good position to be in. Meanwhile if the Warriors win, they go back home tied 1-1 with momentum and the pressure is back on Toronto. Oracle is going to be LOUD these last few games with the crowd knowing it's over after this.

I think a lot of people would think that anything in Canada in more north than anything in the US, counting Alaska. Maybe not most of the minds here that have actually read a book, but murica.

We will see how GS adjusts to Raps adjustment. I just don't want to see more of Steph guarding Gasol, though it was sometimes good for a laugh. That jump ball...

Definitely think it will be close. Raps adjust to get Kawhi better looks and try to take advantage of the double team, Warriors adjust to rotate better on defense and get Draymond more good shots.

Edit: probably see less Curry on Gasol, more Vanvleet on Curry, and Warriors try to make Raps pay for putting Lowry on Iguodala.

Also, since we've been talking about Drake so much- just a second to recognize another Raptor's fan, Nav Bhatia. The man has been to every single Raptors home game ever.
    It sucks to suck.