Page 98 of 111 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2771
    Yeah nothing to do in the Bay Area or LA or NY and yet they all support 2 basketball teams just fine. Sonics had decent crowds before they were taken away.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

quite frankly there isn't much to do in NY. I don't really know the bay area or LA

so let me explain, i could leave my house and in twenty minutes be on the water or on a beach or doing something nice outside in an area that wasn't overtly urban when I lived in seatle. I know there aren't many places in NY like that.

have you ever tried to leave NY on a friday. you really don't know what you are talking about. yeah NY has restaurants and museums and shows. guess what who fucking cares. In seattle you can live close to a decent job and live a viable out doors life style. NY - no - absolutely fucking not. That is what I mean by seattle is not a sports town because there is so much to do

this is an outdoor site, why don't you post at metro_sexual.com

you may get a discount on beard conditioner and some skinny jeans

Because the outdoor activity set is the target NBA market?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

well if it is not then why would they put a franchise in seattle. it is one of the most "outdoorsy" metro areas in the US

danno - please regale with tales of your NY upbring

please... i need to take a nap

why don't take a look at the mariner attendance figures this year...

second, if seattle was such a sports town why did schultz sell and why did bennett move it. Key arena was a great venus

oh wait, I bet you know all about seattle...

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    seattle is crazy to spend a fucking dime on a pro basketball team or any other sports team. oh and fuck howard shultz and clay bennett
    I agree with this sentiment. No municipality should pay for a pro sports team’s arena. SF has had OraclePark (formerly Pac Bell/AT&T) and now Chase Ctr (Dubs’ new arena) paid for with private $. And guess what? The teams have/will benefit greatly.

I think Seattle is a good football town (Seahawks and UW). Dunno about Mariners. I’d like to see an NBA team there.

These are the teams with the worst attendance - which one do you move?

Pacers
    Hornets
    Pistons
    Pellies
    Grizzlies
    Hawks
    TWolves
    Suns
    Nets

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    m’s brass explained in spring camp this will be a rebuilding yr.
    howard got scared and clay was a lying shit,
    he was always going to move the team to okc.

pnwbrit knows more about seattle than me, probably
    hugh does too, but i suppose for now i’ll have to do.
    shit, I am not smart enough to figure out that seattle is a non-sports town. it was widely quoted in the media when I was there

DBDude, your intel is a little outdated. Seattle is getting a hockey team, and the season tix sold out in an hour or something. Key arena is getting another renovation to add in suites, etc. and this will help get an NBA team. The Sounders are 25% owned by the Seahawks owner, and share a lot of management, so they know what they're doing. They are consistently in the top 3 attendance. The M's don't draw because they suck, but that would change with some decent ownership, as they have a great park.
    Anecdotally, I went to the W's pre-season game at Key, (see 1st post), and the crowd was bonkers for past Sonics players, and current Storm players as well.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

tax dollars being spent on that is ridiculous

i'm not a resident anymore so it doesn't matter

So...apparently CP3 isn't upset and didn't demand a trade deal?

Also, how long until Danny Ainge is fired?
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    So...apparently CP3 isn't upset and didn't demand a trade deal?

CP3 is my least favorite player- i am enjoying seeing him being outed for the prima dona douchebag that he really is.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    CP3 is my least favorite player- i am enjoying seeing him being outed for the prima dona douchebag that he really is.
    Yep. CP3 is def a douchey complainer/critic of his own teammates. Destroyer of team chemistry.

Maybe two alphas doesn’t work: or maybe one needs to step aside every once in a while a la DWade or Curry...

Since the report tonight from ESPN is that Al is looking for a contract with a non-Celtics team, I’d say about 36 hours after Al leaves.

Danny isn't getting fired. Though I'm seriously bummed about Al
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    billions of tax dollars being spent on a tunnel i’ll never drive
    in a city i live also feels ridiculous but we did and pay a toll.
    The bridge the tunnel replaces is scary and a serious earth quake hazard and many people do drive it because I5 is a shit show

Reports now say Kyrie going to Nets. Also reports that Harden told the Rockets to trade him or CP3.

These are the days of our lives.

Hot take alert

quite frankly there isn't much to do in NY. I don't really know the bay area or LA

so let me explain, i could leave my house and in twenty minutes be on the water or on a beach or doing something nice outside in an area that wasn't overtly urban when I lived in seatle. I know there aren't many places in NY like that.

have you ever tried to leave NY on a friday. you really don't know what you are talking about. yeah NY has restaurants and museums and shows. guess what who fucking cares. In seattle you can live close to a decent job and live a viable out doors life style. NY - no - absolutely fucking not. That is what I mean by seattle is not a sports town because there is so much to do

this is an outdoor site, why don't you post at metro_sexual.com

you may get a discount on beard conditioner and some skinny jeans
    There's ample outdoor shit to do in the bay area and LA (with better weather). Also, you do realize most NBA games are at night, right? But I need skinny jeans now because why? WTF are you blathering about? Hoping you were just drunk when you posted that.

I can see how some might argue that he had all of these assets and dropped the ball, but he hasn't really done anything indefensible. The Kyrie trade didn't work out long term but it was still a good trade. Hayward getting hurt was bad luck. Not trading away the farm for one year of AD who said he wouldn't re-sign with them was smart. Don't know about Horford but is there some backstory or something?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There's ample outdoor shit to do in the bay area and LA (with better weather). Also, you do realize most NBA games are at night, right? But I need skinny jeans now because why? WTF are you blathering about? Hoping you were just drunk when you posted that.
    no fuck head i wasn't. i lived in city to be close to the outdoors and have a good job. not to be an urbanite. when work was done I went home to my family and on the weekends I got out of town.

trim your mustache and get a latte and post your experience on metro_sexual.com

am i drunk now you cunt?

how long does it take to get to skiing in LA and the bay area? I was at alpental in an hour from my job in bellevue

go fuck yourself

Don't know about Horford but is there some backstory or something?
    It seems to be about money and contract length. Al is 33. It seems someone is offering 4 years and over $100 million. Clippers are the likely source of the offer. He has a 3 year deal with less annual $ on the table from the C's. Danny wants Clint Capela.

no fuck head i wasn't. i lived in city to be close to the outdoors and have a good job. not to be an urbanite. when work was done I went home to my family and on the weekends I got out of town.

am i drunk now you cunt?

how long does it take to get to skiing in LA and the bay area? I was at alpental in an hour from my job in bellevue

go fuck yourself
    Seriously, what is wrong with you? It's kind of hilarious that you're projecting me as some kind of urban / metro guy based on... I don't even know, just saying that there are basketball teams in areas with plenty of other stuff to do? I split my time between a small town that is still somewhat agricultural / rural despite the tourists (with great MTB close-by), then at my place in Truckee with skiing out my backdoor. Not that it matters.

Post first, then smoke crack.

it's funny you are projecting on me that I don't know seattle

i guess it's my mistake that I took seriously what I heard on KUOW the public radio station in seattle and my own experiences

third, the seattle bad weather thing is a myth propagated by people that don't want you to move there. the summers are awesome. when it is raining in the winter it is pelting snow in the hills. snow - you know - skiing -ski website and all

but yeah LA and the Bay Area are outdoor meccas - seriously - they are

it's funny you are projecting on me that I don't know seattle
    Uh, no, what I said was that just because a place has plenty of stuff to do doesn't mean they can't support an NBA team. The Sonics had slightly above average attendance over the years considering they had one of the smaller arenas. Not sure what you're so fucking angry about.

I can see how some might argue that he had all of these assets and dropped the ball, but he hasn't really done anything indefensible. The Kyrie trade didn't work out long term but it was still a good trade. Hayward getting hurt was bad luck. Not trading away the farm for one year of AD who said he wouldn't re-sign with them was smart. Don't know about Horford but is there some backstory or something?
    It's all rumors, but rumor is that Al wants 4 years and the Cs want 3, and he wants more per year than they are offering. Al is awesome, and worth the big money now, but at 33, a 4 year contract is tough.

I'm, bummed, but ok with pivoting to total youth movement. Tatum and Brown may take a hudge leap when they are focal points of the offense, and Hayward (who I expect to be the Hayward of old) isn't the kind of ball dominant star that would hold them back.

am i drunk now you cunt?

go fuck yourself
    if this is sober you, you need help. seriously. not even sure what the hell you're arguing about, but obviously you're right, because you need to be right.