Page 97 of 111 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Rumor is Kemba Walker. But yea that is a lot for one dude. I dont care who he is.
    Kemba said he was willing to give a hometown discount to the Hornets. Maybe he shies from the big city lights.

Expensive experiment for the Lakers, and NO becomes the biggest farm team in the NBA.

Kinda reminds me of the Vikings / Cowboys trade for Herschel Walker.

I think it's a decent move. They've got AD locked down for a while, maybe the rest of his career. Lebron has what, 2-3 good years left, followed by 1-3 crap years? It's now or never for the Fakers if they want to win with Lebron, which, why the fuck else did they sign him if not to win championships?

They'll get one more guy...as others have said, Kemba or Irving possibly.

Lebron plus AD is a tough matchup...you slap Kemba in there and that's going to be hard to deal with, whoever they're able to surround them with. If Lebron, AD, or their third gets hurt it's going to be a thin bench.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

good move for each team....butler better keep his ass in philly.

I'm kind of thinking it was a good trade for both teams.

no trade that nets you lavar ball is a good trade

I think it was a GREAT trade for the Pelicans. For the Lakers, meh (which makes me happy). They were over a barrel and had to do it, negotiating against themselves, but I think they gave up too much. And some of those uprotected picks and pick swaps may seriously bite them in the bottom. Lebron could be gone by then (and if not is still very much likely to be diminished) and Davis could be gone too. And even if he isn't, he could get hurt and be out for a year, the type of thing that netted San Antonio Tim Duncan even though they had David Robinson.

I can't wait for this to screw the Lakers in a few years.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    no trade that nets you lavar ball is a good trade
    Lonzo moving to NO may work out for him. More separation from Dad may be what he needs.

Raptors Parade.

This shit is crazy
    Never has this City seen a celebration like this. Fuck I love this country.people
    Estimate 2 million plus fans.

Last edited by Kenny Satch; 06-17-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: stabbings and gun shots. deleted moments. damn

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Until two people got shot.... the fuck is wrong with people.

Sorry 4 apparently. Way to go T.dot
    Last edited by Gcooker; 06-17-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    billy, the old man will be tagging along to party hdqs NO.
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think it was a GREAT trade for the Pelicans. For the Lakers, meh (which makes me happy). They were over a barrel and had to do it, negotiating against themselves, but I think they gave up too much. And some of those uprotected picks and pick swaps may seriously bite them in the bottom. Lebron could be gone by then (and if not is still very much likely to be diminished) and Davis could be gone too. And even if he isn't, he could get hurt and be out for a year, the type of thing that netted San Antonio Tim Duncan even though they had David Robinson.

I can't wait for this to screw the Lakers in a few years.
    Was thinking of this a little, and part of me wants to think Davis will stick around for the duration. Could become another LA icon. May be a little rough getting through those lost draft picks, but once on the other side they could build a good team if not sooner. He is only 26 so a lot of years left.

Apart from that hypothesis, I hope they fail miserably.

lebron will mindfuck half of his new team by the end of the year

He'll be gone in a few years. Depending on who they sign, they could win enough for AD to tolerate it until he goes. Then it will be all him.

this is awesome and amazing

The tension between the two can’t easily be resolved by trading Paul either, as he’s still owed $124 million over the remaining three years of his contract

...I can't wait for this to screw the Lakers in a few years.
    X2

billy, the old man will be tagging along to party hdqs NO.
    Yeah, probably, although it started to look like the son was starting to distance himself from his dad, starting with his dad’s friend and the business. He really needs to pull a Meghan Markle on pops.

It's quite enjoyable watching one of my least favorite teams ever self-implode like this. We all pretty much agreed around this time last year that Houston would regret Paul's contract extension sooner than later.

Also, if you're a cheap-skate, you probably shouldn't buy an NBA team.

Big Al opts out (expected). We need him back.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Big Al opts out (expected). We need him back.
    Losing him would be a bad thing.

Very bad. I'm still bullish on the team, but not if he goes.

Horford is kind of underrated IMO. One of those Draymond-like glue guys who does a lot of things very well but isn't flashy and contributes a lot more than you see in the box score. He was part of that 60+ win Atlanta team before he went to Boston too.

I think Boston's off-season situation is going to be very interesting. What's the local vibe in terms of what the fans want to see happen now that Kyrie is walking away (which you likely aren't all that upset about)? Did anyone's stock drop more this season than Kyrie?

This may sound funny, but I'm kind of looking forward to a Warriors season without the heavy expectations. First world problems, for sure. I have a new appreciation for how exhausted LeBron must be at this point in his career.

Someone posted that screen shot of the top 10 players a few pages back, but was there a link to the actual video and explanation? Very well done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93zief7g2Jk&t=1s

And worth noting that there are some variations towards the end that do in fact include Lillard.

woulda been nice if howard starfucks got the memo before becoming the buyer/mortician of our Seattle SuperSonics.
    With the NBA skyrocketing in recent years, there's a lot of rumors circulating about a new Seattle franchise, which would be great. But with pro sports franchises in general, you'll notice the best teams don't hold back and pinch pennies. Those 49ers and Dallas football teams in the 80's and 90's were known for being lavish - always the nicest hotels on the road and just little things like that, so players wanted to play for them... especially some of the guys with smaller contracts.

If Klay and KD both take max deals from the Warriors, Joe Lacob will have to send the league a 200 million dollar check just for the luxury tax! Which he's fine with. But holy shit... that's enough $$ to even give an ultra wealthy guy pause. KD's supermax deal could ultimately cost them a billion dollars over 5 years... they bought the team for 450 million back in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    With the NBA skyrocketing in recent years, there's a lot of rumors circulating about a new Seattle franchise, which would be great.
    i never thought of seattle as a sports town when I lived there. there was so many other things to do

second, i thought the key arena refurb was a pretty nice job that was completed 1994. Pretty much all the seats were good and it was really intimate and a fun place to see a game

seattle is crazy to spend a fucking dime on a pro basketball team or any other sports team. oh and fuck howard shultz and clay bennett