Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    maybe a little strong on the bench players...but their ceiling was already hit. both could never defend athletic players of celts/raptors. i also think 1 more move is in the works.

oh and since its cowboys week.....dallas sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    maybe a little strong on the bench players...but their ceiling was already hit. both could never defend athletic players of celts/raptors. i also think 1 more move is in the works.

oh and since its cowboys week.....dallas sucks!
    X2 on Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    East has Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and Sixers top 4? This should be good! Top 4 in East better than top 4 in West? Probably...
    I'm gonna put my Pacers in there. Don't know which team I'd take out though. Maybe the Bucks lack of depth and 3 point shooting catches up with them as the season drags on? Maybe Philly turns into a dumpster fire. Right now they're a half game ahead of Boston. Raptors look really good.

East definitely has more depth than the West
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    I'm gonna put my Pacers in there. Don't know which team I'd take out though. Maybe the Bucks lack of depth and 3 point shooting catches up with them as the season drags on? Maybe Philly turns into a dumpster fire. Right now they're a half game ahead of Boston. Raptors look really good.

I dunno if I'm there yet. Obviously, GSW is the team to beat and everybody else is just hoping to get past them for 4 games with great d and coaching and some hot shooting.

Having said that, if the 6 seed in your conference is LeBron and 4 stiffs, that's a pretty high floor. I see the Jazz more than any other Western team because of where I live. I think they'd be in the mix for a 1-4 seed in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    word is they consulted with joel and ben before they made the move
    Consulted with Joel and Ben? Seriously? That's a bad sign. Besides, the problem I'd be worried about is Butler hating Embiid. Because Embiid is a clown. And Jimmy has a giant thorny stick up his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post

Can one get a beer on a Sunday in Indiana?

The old trick was to drive to Illinois, but I bet you can these days.

Philly was exposed in last year's playoffs by a lack of perimeter shooting... they now have... less perimeter shooting. Butler is decent from out there and a solid defender. We'll see. I'm skeptical.

My prediction: they'll continue to beat up on the lesser teams and have matchup problems against the top tier teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I dunno if I'm there yet. Obviously, GSW is the team to beat and everybody else is just hoping to get past them for 4 games with great d and coaching and some hot shooting.

Having said that, if the 6 seed in your conference is LeBron and 4 stiffs, that's a pretty high floor. I see the Jazz more than any other Western team because of where I live. I think they'd be in the mix for a 1-4 seed in the East.
    Yeah maybe not clearly deeper but I think with the exception of the Warriors the conferences are about the same. Lebron was barely the 4th seed in the East last year with a better team than he has now.

Haven't lived there in 10 years, but last I heard you can.

As far as Philly, I'm with TahoeJ. This seems like they're going after names instead of pieces. They have less perimeter shooting and less depth now. Not completely sold on them anyway. Sure, they beat the Pacers but even with that win they're 1-3 against last year's playoff teams and 1-6 on the road.

In my mind the race to win the Eastern Conference Championship is wide open between 5 teams.
    It sucks to suck.

Boston doesn’t seem as good as expected but hopefully they’ll gel.

Funny, that Butler trade seems like a bad move for both teams.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

East has Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and Sixers top 4? This should be good! Top 4 in East better than top 4 in West? Probably...
    East coast bias? It's early in the season but with the limited data we have I don't agree with the top 4 vs top 4 favoring the East.

Looking at the two strongest from each conference Ws vs Raptors. Raptors would put up a fight but I think most would consider the Ws favorites to win.

Sliding down to the 2 spot, Zers have shown they can beat the Pacers, Bucks and Celts. Currently they would match up against the Bucks.

At 3 it would be Denver vs 6ers. At this point who knows how things are going to turn out with the Butler trade. Will he be the key piece to a playoff run or will his personality melt down the locker room. Before the trade I would have given Denver the edge. They beat the Celts and lost to the Bucks.

At 4 It's Spurs vs Pacers. Pacers beat SA but on the other hand Popovich. Call this one a draw.

Which sucker team is going to take a chance on Carmelo?

Carmelo basically needs to play for a loser team with nothing to lose. Guy has always been toxic; people point to his play at the Olympics... I mean, so his solution is that he's good when surrounded by a team with the best players on the planet? lol... shit, I could succeed in that scenario too!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Carmelo basically needs to play for a loser team with nothing to lose. Guy has always been toxic; people point to his play at the Olympics... I mean, so his solution is that he's good when surrounded by a team with the best players on the planet? lol... shit, I could succeed in that scenario too!
    he's got the rockets in a funk. if they keep him all season, I stand by my prediction the rockets are a 1st round exit
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

We are all Christian Laettner.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    We are all Christian Laettner.
    Good pull!

Draymond suspended for verbal altercation with Durant. That can't be good.
    Live Free or Die

Jeezo -Dray f'd up, but can't handle the weight. Cranky man-child.

Lots of details - Dubs in jeopardy due to internal battles - article from Marcus Thompson, who wrote the latest a book on Curry. He’s usually very solid. Link to The Athletic -

https://theathletic.com/653085/2018/...-jeopardy-now/

the butler 76ers start tonight....come on over KD to complete the process.

Lots of details - Dubs in jeopardy due to internal battles - article from Marcus Thompson, who wrote the latest a book on Curry. He’s usually very solid. Link to The Athletic -

https://theathletic.com/653085/2018/...-jeopardy-now/
    Draymond was wrong to go after KD like that, especially since he screwed up. But he's also not wrong. And yeah, if Marcus Thompson is saying it's a real problem it's not just some hot take - that guy is dialed in with this team.

From the article, since it's behind a paywall: "The general consensus: Green was wrong for going so hard at Durant instead of having a hard-but-civil conversation, and Green was wrong for when he decided to address this situation — in the middle of a game they were trying to win. Green admitted as much to Curry and several believe he would have (and still will) cop to that. But the general consensus also is that Green’s concerns about how Durant has handled free agency weren’t off base.

Durant’s teammates have made it clear privately they aren’t on board for another Please-Stay-KD tour."

I really enjoy KD as a player and like watching him play, but he is petty as fuck and needs to grow up a little. Like with all of that Twitter nonsense. Curry skips one road trip and shit hits the fan - see why he's the MVP? (that's tongue in cheek but also kind of serious, he sets the tone for the whole team)

Draymond was wrong to go after KD like that, especially since he screwed up. But he's also not wrong. And yeah, if Marcus Thompson is saying it's a real problem it's not just some hot take - that guy is dialed in with this team.

From the article, since it's behind a paywall: "The general consensus: Green was wrong for going so hard at Durant instead of having a hard-but-civil conversation, and Green was wrong for when he decided to address this situation — in the middle of a game they were trying to win. Green admitted as much to Curry and several believe he would have (and still will) cop to that. But the general consensus also is that Green’s concerns about how Durant has handled free agency weren’t off base.

Durant’s teammates have made it clear privately they aren’t on board for another Please-Stay-KD tour."

I really enjoy KD as a player and like watching him play, but he is petty as fuck and needs to grow up a little. Like with all of that Twitter nonsense. Curry skips one road trip and shit hits the fan - see why he's the MVP? (that's tongue in cheek but also kind of serious, he sets the tone for the whole team)
    It all seems so petty and overblown (either by the players or the media or both). And I agree re KD. I was surprised when I watched the video after hearing about it; I expected to see KD upcourt calling for the ball, not back there under the basket clapping his hands. In that sense, Green didn't make a boneheaded play (unless there had been something said/called during the last TO). KD getting pissy about that particular event is prima donna-ish and no doubt what set off Draymond.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

kd is blowing it with the free agency tour regardless of what happened during the game