Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    that's good stuff. Did you read this by Darius Miles: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...o-darius-miles
    That was a good read. And the website is a hell of a rabbit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Curry has 31 in 20 mins in 1st half against the Wiz. No D. 80-71 Dubs at half.
    Make that 51 in 3 quarters on 15/24 FGA and 11/16 from 3

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Damn if Curry ever does this during a two sided shootout. 51 on 24 shots is crazy... but they’re up by too much now. Bring him back in!

There were rumors that he wants to just go off and gun for the mvp this year after being overlooked recently.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

And Draymond w/ 13 assists so far. We laugh out loud at every Curry 3, it’s crazy.

I guess I should have kept watching:

“Young delivered in crunch time, scoring 12 of his 17 points in the final quarter and getting to the line over and over again. Final score: Hawks 111, Mavericks 104.”
    Last edited by plugboots; 10-25-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Curry's 51 last night was pretty awesome. Another one of those performances that if you aren't watching the games during the regular season, you miss that he does all this shit while only playing 20-26 minutes of basketball. Incredible.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

David Stern calls Dell Demps a lousy general manager. No idea if that is true, but that's pretty weird that he's saying that in an interview on the record.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Fuck. That was fugly. Both teams need to go back to D league.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Fuck. That was fugly. Both teams need to go back to D league.
    Watched Nuggets and Lakers - Murray was good last night, but the Nuggets just couldn’t keep it together and let Lance Stephenson solo all over them to keep the Lakers afloat with LBJ sitting. Lance Freaking Stephenson? Play with fire if you let a LeBron team hang around until the end.

And, Westbrook couldn’t toss it in the ocean at the end of OKC and Boston. Celtics clawed their way to a win that OKC should’ve closed out. Late it was 94-87 OKC and then they went all Westy Hero Ball and he kept missing or making turnovers. PG13 went missing,too. Celtics went on 14-1 run at end, and at least 6 of that was FTs after OKC fouled them at very end.

Credit the Celtics and Lakers for hanging tough and making plays at the end.

Once Hayward and Kyrie figure out how they’re fitting in and get into form, Celtics will be tougher. Hayward (seemingly) missed a TON of wide open looks last night (say seemingly because it seemed there were way more than the 4-5 he actually missed.)
    Last edited by 54-46; 10-26-2018 at 06:36 AM.

I am wondering if the Celtics have too much talent. They definitely need to figure out how to work together.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I am wondering if the Celtics have too much talent. They definitely need to figure out how to work together.
    I think they’ll figure it out and they’re gonna be a bitch to deal with when they do. But, only half-dozen games in, it’s pretty clear that Hayward isn’t right yet and Kyrie is still inconsistent.

Tatum and Brown seem to be feeling their way with Hayward and Kyrie, but Tatum still scored a bunch. Horford, Rozier, Smart, and Morris seemed to be doing what they do. Morris hit a big 3 near the end. Maybe Celtics fans can get more granular than I.

Theis is a weird one; prolly played him a little much last night. (This says something - Can’t remember the last time I could name 9 Celtics off the top of my head.)

I only saw some of that game, but do the Celtics need someone (Kyrie) to step up and be the alpha? Seems like they need to figure out their identity with so many different talented players.

The last several minutes were hilarious. Westbrook gonna westbrook. https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...hunder-winless

so tired of seeing stories about KD to the Knicks, or speculation about other 2019 free agents. Can we just play this season before starting all that shit?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    so tired of seeing stories about KD to the Knicks, or speculation about other 2019 free agents. Can we just play this season before starting all that shit?
    I know. 5 games in.

Also, I picked W's v. Celtics final, and I completely forgot about the Raptors. WTF
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I only saw some of that game, but do the Celtics need someone (Kyrie) to step up and be the alpha? Seems like they need to figure out their identity with so many different talented players.
    There problem has been that A) Kyrie and Hayward are still working on getting their games back, and B) Jaylen Brown, who flourished in a more central role, can't seem to figure what he should do as the 5th banana. This team hasn't really played together before, despite few roster changes. Hayward obviously missed 81.9 games, and Jayson Tatum and Terry Rozier didn't really emerge until Kyrie was out too. I think figuring out roles is the big challenge for everyone on the team. It has just caused the most problems for Brown.

I don't think they need a single alpha. There will be nights when Kyrie takes over and nights where Tatum takes over, as well as nights when the shots are pretty evenly distributed. It's not a selfish bunch. The offense will start to flown in time, Kyrie, Hayward and Brown will start hitting shots, and the defense will get more consistent.

I'm not worried. I expect they'll hover around .500 for twenty games or so, then go on a big run.

Danno (denver guy) - we need to talk about the Nuggets! This is now a real team, man. A completely inside out team, but still. We are having an outside conversation about hoop head friends saying it's the best team since the Mark Jackson days. Not yet, but might be soon...

Celtics will figure it out- talent wins out over time.

Kawhi and Toronto look legit.

Denver and Utah are legit. Their fans just need to pay close attention to their road games since both are at a huge advantage at home. This was true even when those teams sucked, to a crazy degree.

Dubs are having fun and they’re gonna go out in NYC and have a hangover against the Nets. Happens 1-2x year in NYC or LA.

That Fergie anthem was an abomination. Duhamel must need to raise his internet hits or something.

the vid was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I know. 5 games in.

Also, I picked W's v. Celtics final, and I completely forgot about the Raptors. WTF
    second that. its fun to watch the networks up in LeBron's jock as he now my never make it out of the 1st round again.

also, am shocked the rockets are having issues plating at the level they did last year with melo, could never have seen that coming. they could be a 1st round out this year too.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Much as I hate his game, Harden is too good. Houston will put it together. So many first week overreactions - it’s easy to do - gotta take a breath and remember it’s a long season.

melo is a team killer. that much is certain.

I'm to busy to watch sports right now, but it seems like the Celtics have finally put a game together. No?

what? tyronn lue fired? i guess lebron quit sending him instructions when he went to l.a.

Cavs fire Lue. Apparently he wanted to play the best players to try and win games (so far unsuccessfully) and management wanted to play the young guys.