Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2771
    Nugs

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Sixers get swept if it isn't for Butler. They're gonna feel really dumb when he and Harris leave this summer and they realize they traded away all their drafts picks and young supporting cast for a second round exit.
    please dont make today any worse for me.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    So, the kets beat the iors, the tors beat the 6ers, and it looks like the gets are blowing out the zers. I like these suffix based nicknames!
    please dont make today any worse for me.

My new hot take: everyone has been talking about how Giannis may be the new best player in the league, but he's not even the best player in the East.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My new hot take: everyone has been talking about how Giannis may be the new best player in the league, but he's not even the best player in the East.
    Looks like we will soon find out if that's true.

You mean Mr. Travel travel travel? Don't give me that "Euro-step" BS either. Mbye-bye Irving you selfish prick.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Looks like we will soon find out if that's true.
    I hope not but it's looking so.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Kawhi was always part of the conversation before he got hurt / sat out. The obsession with "who's best" can be fun but it's also kinda dumb. I basically grade it down to who is a legit super duper star and who isn't, and the rest is splitting hairs, especially at different positions. Super duper stars currently:

Giannis
    Harden
    Kawhi
    Curry
    Durant
    Westbrook (I have to put him here since he did win an MVP recently)
    Lillard (I think this post season has earned him a spot but just barely)

On the bubble...

Kyrie (he's definitely taken a hit since leaving Cleveland)
    Jokic (great season but he's young and we still need to see more)
    LeBron (not this season, we'll see what next year looks like but he may be done as far as the top group is concerned)
    Embiid
    George
    Chris Paul

Max $ time? Klay Thompson has to be better than Eric Gordon tonight.

I really don't get why anyone thinks Jokic looks like he'd break down soon. He doesn't rely on superior athleticism to succeed, and has no injury history, so why would he be susceptible to breaking down? I mean, the dude just played 60 minutes in a 4 OT game, and came back less than 48 hours later to put up a triple double. Where's the talk about him being Oden coming from?
    I guess I'm just thinking of longevity in the league, but 25 pts and 19 boards last night...dude is a fucking beast.

Back to longevity though...I'm just saying he looks soft and slow....and he's young, 24 years old. He takes a beating each game, even if I think a lot of his antics equate to flopping, he does mix it up in the post and obviously gets in on the rebounding action, also typically guarding someone his size...all this to say it puts miles on him and if he's already not particularly interested in the weight room or fitness, I just wonder if he can sustain this level of play when he loses a step.

As has been said, guy's game doesn't need much speed/athleticism to be effective, so it'll be interesting to see how that pans out over the years.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I'm with Danno. The concern trolling about Jokic is unfounded based on his style of play and what he brings to the Nuggets. If you want to see someone who won't hold up look at Embiid - he's built like the Hulk, but physically/health wise he's a walking dumpster fire

The issue with Embiid is he's not really built like the Hulk, he just eats too many cookies. He's built more like Olajuwon:

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I guess I'm just thinking of longevity in the league, but 25 pts and 19 boards last night...dude is a fucking beast.

As has been said, guy's game doesn't need much speed/athleticism to be effective, so it'll be interesting to see how that pans out over the years.
    Agreed. His game reminds me a lot of this guy. *WARNING* classic Jailblazers video incoming.

Arvydas played well into his 30's, I think Jokic could too. Hitting the weight room and watching his diet couldn't hurt.

Ugly game last night. Some good play in the series but it's kind of anticlimactic. I would have liked to see the matchup between Jokic and Nurkic with the playoffs on the line considering their history.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The issue with Embiid is he's not really built like the Hulk, he just eats too many cookies. He's built more like Olajuwon:

It's insane how much bigger he is now though. Either way - the human dumpster fire comment still stands

The problem with Embiid is that he is a clown who talks big and doesn't show up when it counts.

Celtics play better without Kyrie. Originally I thought they should dump him and Hayward. Now I think they just need to dump Kyrie and focus on jelling as the powerful team they could be. Hayward looks like he can fit in. I have never been a fan of having a big star. It's a team sport. With Kyrie you have to fit with him instead of him fitting in with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I miss this guy:

(AI) He didn't flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Celtics play better without Kyrie.
    Setting aside any Celtic team chemistry issues I think the problem is having a small player, by NBA standards, like Kyrie or AI as your teams number one option doesn't work in the playoffs. Isiah Thomas and Curry are the exceptions and even then with Curry it's the Splash Brothers not the Splash Bro. Curry has never been the finals MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    It's insane how much bigger he is now though. Either way - the human dumpster fire comment still stands
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    The problem with Embiid is that he is a clown who talks big and doesn't show up when it counts.
    All true. But I think the biggest reason for not showing up when it counts is his lifestyle and lack of conditioning.

And then you post a five year old photo.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

If I had to bet on career longevity I’d definitely take Jokic over Embiid. With those tall guys, the slender ones tend to hold up longer. The big ones just have too much weight for their legs to withstand so many repeated impacts. Dirk was pretty slight in his early days, for example. KD, Olajuwon, etc.

Same deal for Boogie - he’s just too big to last all that long.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

^^^ this summer is huge for embiid - if he takes his health seriously; new coach may help too.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    ^^^ this summer is huge for embiid - if he takes his health seriously; new coach may help too.
    That's the big question, can he take health/condition seriously? Read something where Shamet said part of his rookie duties were getting Embiid 4 cookies n cream milkshakes for each team flight. Seems like Embiid and Simmons get too focused on the "famous" part of being a famous athlete and not enough on the athlete part.

Sorry to make your day worse. I think my Sixers hate derives from jealousy of their media praise/coverage of being the next big Eastern Conference team.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    If I had to bet on career longevity I’d definitely take Jokic over Embiid. With those tall guys, the slender ones tend to hold up longer. The big ones just have too much weight for their legs to withstand so many repeated impacts. Dirk was pretty slight in his early days, for example. KD, Olajuwon, etc.

Same deal for Boogie - he’s just too big to last all that long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Agreed. His game reminds me a lot of this guy. *WARNING* classic Jailblazers video incoming.

Arvydas played well into his 30's, I think Jokic could too. Hitting the weight room and watching his diet couldn't hurt.

Ugly game last night. Some good play in the series but it's kind of anticlimactic. I would have liked to see the matchup between Jokic and Nurkic with the playoffs on the line considering their history.
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Arvydas was pretty cut there at the end of his career...I can actually see muscles on his arms, whereas I see zero definition with Jokic. obviously it's not mattering one bit for his game right now and I'm probably goin gto be wrong on it ever mattering. Actually I hope I'm wrong...

Embiid, what's up with that guy and his health? Lot's of illness...does he not wash his hands after he shits or ever?

Simmons is dating a Kardashian/Jenner right? More ammo for that theory if so.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Don’t forget the Soviets wrecked that dude, played him way more than an NBA schedule would require.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Max $ time? Klay Thompson has to be better than Eric Gordon tonight.
    put me down for warriors by 20 or more tonight. warriors back at home and everyone shooting better at home; Friday is the game. rockets will have to put up one more time and hope things roll their way in game 7.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

the TraBla-r's are toast
    Damon is a good guard not a great guard
    Every other player is gonna have to play lights out to pull this off