Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Apparently the Lakers are just now realizing that you win the game by putting the ball through the hoop, so it might have been a good idea to sign a few players who can actually shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    fultz=bust.
    i never understood all the fultz love - and I am a husky

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Apparently the Lakers are just now realizing that you win the game by putting the ball through the hoop, so it might have been a good idea to sign a few players who can actually shoot.
    I came to say the same thing. In the beginning they looked great with JaVale driving and slamming, and Bron running crazy..and then a LOT of defensive rebounding.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i never understood all the fultz love - and I am a husky
    The guy is super smooth with the ball in his hands. But this may have lead to everyone overestimating his ability to play against people as big and fast as he is. And he sure as hell isn't a killer. I still wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a good player.

Like all Celtics fans, I'm pretty damn please with the Fultz-Tatum trade. It could go down as one of the best ever for the C's, despite the fact that they have a 50 year history of fleecing teams, except for when that asshole Pitino was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    The guy is super smooth with the ball in his hands. But this may have lead to everyone overestimating his ability to play against people as big and fast as he is. And he sure as hell isn't a killer. I still wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a good player.

Like all Celtics fans, I'm pretty damn please with the Fultz-Tatum trade. It could go down as one of the best ever for the C's, despite the fact that they have a 50 year history of fleecing teams, except for when that asshole Pitino was in charge.
    Yeah, that was a GREAT trade. But it still can't match the trade with the Nets. Heck, the Cs wouldn't have even been in position to make this trade if not for the Nets trade. But yeah, we do have a pretty good history of fleecing. I mean, Joe Barry Carroll for Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale? That might still be the greatest trade in history.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

"At least Lavar isn’t running his mouth too much lately."

Wait 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I came to say the same thing. In the beginning they looked great with JaVale driving and slamming, and Bron running crazy..and then a LOT of defensive rebounding.
    I missed the first half. Maybe they looked better then?

I saw lots of lob passes to the other team, behind the back passes out of bounds with no team mates anywhere near by, etc etc. Clearly, Lebron was expecting certain plays to be run, and wasn’t on the same page with his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, that was a GREAT trade. But it still can't match the trade with the Nets. Heck, the Cs wouldn't have even been in position to make this trade if not for the Nets trade. But yeah, we do have a pretty good history of fleecing. I mean, Joe Barry Carroll for Robert Parrish and Kevin McHale? That might still be the greatest trade in history.
    Celtics traded two future hall of famers for Bill Russell (Ed McCauley and Cliff Hagan- standard for making the hall were lower back then for sure) and it was still a steal.

The Kevin Garnett trade worked out pretty well too. I couldn't remember what they gave up - it was a lot, but still hard to argue with winning a ring (and almost two).

"Garnett was traded to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, cash considerations, Boston's 2009 first-round draft pick (top 3 protected), and the 2009 first-round pick which Minnesota had traded to Boston."

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Joe Barely Cares? He was awesum for the Dubs.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The Kevin Garnett trade worked out pretty well too. I couldn't remember what they gave up - it was a lot, but still hard to argue with winning a ring (and almost two).

"Garnett was traded to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, cash considerations, Boston's 2009 first-round draft pick (top 3 protected), and the 2009 first-round pick which Minnesota had traded to Boston."
    A lot of folks thought Al Jefferson was much younger and nearly as good as Garnett. Ainge recognized Garnett's true greatness: The ability to do things most bigs can't: shoot from outside the paint, closeout on shooters and do a decent job defending the perimeter, and pass the ball. When he came to Boston people complained that he wasn't posting up enough. Rasheed Wallace was a similar player. They were a decade ahead of their time. After Garnett left he went and got Horford. People still complained about him, even though they frequently run the offense through him, he does a solid job defending Lebron, Embiid, Giannis, etc., and he drains 3's at a high rate. Outside the hyper-efficient scorer who can create his own shot, these guys are the most valuable players out there, and they are probably more rare.

i loved rasheed wallace, unfortunately he never played for my teams until the end of his career with the knicks

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Jazz with 10 3s in 2nd quarter lead 81-69 over Dubs at half. Can’t miss.

I really dislike all the foul calls. Screws up game flow. We’ll see how players and refs adjust over course of season.

Jazz have gone cold and you can sense Golden State about to close this out. Playing the Warriors is so fucking annoying. Just too damn good.

Jazz beat Dubs by 35 on 3s and FTs. Jazz were 19/46 from 3.

I bet my friend they’d hold them under 45 for the second half. Didn’t actually expect to win that one! Could be a fun series if those teams meet in the playoffs.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

fuck yeah! punches being thrown in LA

hilarious. it's a two-fer on meltdowns. i bet ledecision loves rondo even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    hilarious. it's a two-fer on meltdowns. i bet ledecision loves rondo even more now.
    Here’s to a clusterfuck in LALA land.

^^^^^^That roster makes no sense. With Lebron on the floor, Ball and Rondo are basically useless. They can't shoot, don't finish well, and don't play D, and Lebron will dominate the ball when he's on the floor. I guess they can advance the ball across half court so Lebron can take a break for a few seconds.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

I bet Rondo gets hit pretty hard for spitting at Paul. Not a CP3 fan but thought it was obvious he was reacting to that. I laughed when Ingram shoved Harden for crying to the officials - he does it so much, that shit has to get old.

I’m sure the league will see this: https://twitter.com/tom2517/status/1...817731584?s=21
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 10-21-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Ingram is going to get a big suspension too, did you see how he flew back into the scrum with a punch?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

fuck rondo.

rondo should have gotten more. bullshit that he only gets one more than cp and cp responded to being fucking spit on

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ockets-scuffle

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    ^^^^^^That roster makes no sense. With Lebron on the floor, Ball and Rondo are basically useless. They can't shoot, don't finish well, and don't play D, and Lebron will dominate the ball when he's on the floor. I guess they can advance the ball across half court so Lebron can take a break for a few seconds.
    Fun read and tweet:
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-f-king-urkels
    Lakers Rumors: Western Source Likened LA's Signings to 'Adding 4 F--king Urkels'