Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I agree that the Bucks will be good. They played the Celtics much tougher than the Sixers did in the playoffs last year despite having no apparent offensive strategy, and now they have a real coach.

Open night was pretty ugly. Looks like everyone is still getting the cobwebs out.

Excited to get to watch my Pacer's opener here in a few minutes. I'm biased but I think they're legitimate contenders in the East and heavily underrated by the sports media (ESPN had them at 16 in their power rankings, after the Heat)

My opinions on the season:

Boston has a leg up in the East but the Pacers, Raptors, and Sixers are all legitimate contenders with possibly the Bucks depending on Giannis.

The West is pretty much open except Golden State. The scramble for all the other spots should be interesting. Denver could be tough this year.

Lastly, I think Lebron's Lakers aren't much better if at all than the Cavs last year. I know, call me crazy but I just don't see it. I think they'll make the playoffs but maybe a 6-8 seed.
    It sucks to suck.

I might actually watch some regular season games this year, uh, regularly.
    Definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Twolves opener just cuz.

Pellies just dropped 71 in first half against Rox on 61% shooting. 71-54 half...

Melo... 27 mins... -20. That’s about right.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I saw an article where he talked about how much of an adjustment coming off the bench is. As if you never checked in to the game off the bench back when you were a starter. You're a basketball player, unless you routinely play 48 minutes per game, you "come off the bench" all the fucking time. The only adjustment is to your ego.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anthony Davis had 3 blocks against Melo last night.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

ugh.

espn already all up in LeBron's business dropping their late sat night college football game for LeBron.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Melo... 27 mins... -20. That’s about right.
    can't wait to watch the melo-drama and implosion.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    can't wait to watch the melo-drama and implosion.
    melo and harden, two ball hogs with attitude issues. yes; that's going to work out well.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Can’t tell much from one game, but if the Rockets do implode, I may have to watch the Spurs more often. I liked what DeRozan did last night. There was certainly a lot of rust, too, especially in Q3, but they came on strong at the end.

The rockets will be just fine once they realize Carmelo is 100% washed. When the Jazz were playing okc last year in the playoffs, the entire state of Utah was cheering for him to shoot every time he touched the ball.

Jazz looked a little rusty last night, but a win’s a win. And Joe Ingles has gotta be top 5 in the “good players that look like they don’t belong on a court” team. Exum was also fun to watch. Dude is fast. Hopefully he can stay healthy and we can see what he’s got.

Utah will be a tough game for Dubs on Friday night. I like their squad and their hard nosed ‘tude.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I saw an article where he talked about how much of an adjustment coming off the bench is. As if you never checked in to the game off the bench back when you were a starter. You're a basketball player, unless you routinely play 48 minutes per game, you "come off the bench" all the fucking time. The only adjustment is to your ego.
    Remember when Denver traded Melo to NY and then finished the season so much stronger without him? That guy is a cancer. He’s like the polar opposite of the Warriors and Celtics.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Utah will be a tough game for Dubs on Friday night. I like their squad and their hard nosed ‘tude.
    And there’s the fact that they’re not in shape, (according to Kerr), and they’ll be playing at altitude.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

MVP = Durrant

This is how I feel about the Dubs’ bench:
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/80835a4...d-54c337a652c9

Dubs in Denver on Sunday, but I will be away. Then I'll be in the bay next week...but the Dubs on the road.
    Sometimes it just rolls that way.

Remember when Denver traded Melo to NY and then finished the season so much stronger without him? That guy is a cancer. He’s like the polar opposite of the Warriors and Celtics.
    I think Melo and Howard should team up with Cousins, Derrick Rose and Kawhi on the Knicks.

Of course. But there's also Olympics Melo. Somewhere inside of him is Olympics Melo.

Edited to add: somewhere inside of him WAS Olympics Melo.
    Last edited by Danno; 10-18-2018 at 10:37 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

one of my least favorite players ever. a me-first defenseless gunner until the end

fultz=bust.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    one of my least favorite players ever. a me-first defenseless gunner until the end
    At a certain point you have to be impressed by his signature move. The 22 second jab step to mid range jumper.

I'm stoked to see what the Nugs can do. Jokic is amazing so hopefully Malone lets him do his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Of course. But there's also Olympics Melo. Somewhere inside of him is Olympics Melo.

Edited to add: somewhere inside of him WAS Olympics Melo.
    And National Champion Melo. What a year that was!

Oh, man, the LA/Portland game last night showed just how much work LA needs to do before they can be even an average team. That had to be embarrassing for Lebron.

At least Lavar isn’t running his mouth too much lately.