Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111
Results 2,751 to 2,771 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I would agree with that but still do not see Oklahoma city coming back to where they were with all of those picks unless they can trade up with some. I understand the lottery has changed so those outside the top 4 have a channe but all Oklahoma city's picks are going to be near the end of the first round, they are going to need to strike lightning twice to get back to where they were.
    A lot of their picks are a few years down the road. WAY too early to say the picks are going to be near the end of the first round. Do you feel confident Houston is going to be a playoff team in 2024? I have no idea.

As for those saying these guys don't share the ball, they do both get lots of assists. Yes, they are ball dominant but they do know how to pass. And Harden was in favor of this trade (though we'll never know how much of that is "I want to play with Russ" and how much was "Get that CP3 chump out of here"). It's at least possible that this trade makes them better.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A lot of their picks are a few years down the road. WAY too early to say the picks are going to be near the end of the first round. Do you feel confident Houston is going to be a playoff team in 2024? I have no idea.

As for those saying these guys don't share the ball, they do both get lots of assists. Yes, they are ball dominant but they do know how to pass. And Harden was in favor of this trade (though we'll never know how much of that is "I want to play with Russ" and how much was "Get that CP3 chump out of here"). It's at least possible that this trade makes them better.
    Any other players, sure. Hardin? He's a whiner drama queen more than most. Diva. No cred given.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    a better version of cp3 and harden imo, but still lacking the ability to now beat the west's top lakers and ironically the clippers, who have a good of pretty good former rockets for the initial cp3 trade, but theyre trying
    Yes, on offense they will likely be better, especially if Harden can convince RW to stop being such a chucker (good luck). They sure as shit won't be better on defense. My god, with Harden and Westbrook on the floor at the same time? Curry is going to have a 60 point game against them at some point, and probably a few other guys too (like Lillard). They're going to have to win games 140-135. On the other hand, you can absolutely stagger those guys so you always have one of them on the floor... which is a pretty obvious coaching move. And defending them will be exhausting.

This is fun - I'm here for the drama. This is going to be a season we will never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yes, on offense they will likely be better, especially if Harden can convince RW to stop being such a chucker (good luck). They sure as shit won't be better on defense. My god, with Harden and Westbrook on the floor at the same time? Curry is going to have a 60 point game against them at some point, and probably a few other guys too (like Lillard). They're going to have to win games 140-135. On the other hand, you can absolutely stagger those guys so you always have one of them on the floor... which is a pretty obvious coaching move. And defending them will be exhausting.

This is fun - I'm here for the drama. This is going to be a season we will never forget.
    Excellent point. It's hard to play good team defense when two of your guys are facing the wrong way staring at the rim.

I think that the rockets got worse. Now 2 prima Donna ball hogs both in the back court. While harden can hit on the catch and shoot, Westbrook is terrible. It’ll still be cover harden and let the rest of the team beat you.

And now they’re worse on D.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

There is no doubt that Paul was stylistically a better fit than Westbrook, but if Harden and Paul hated each other, they had to make this deal.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There is no doubt that Paul was stylistically a better fit than Westbrook, but if Harden and Paul hated each other, they had to make this deal.
    This. And Paul is getting old. I'm also curious what the request was, maybe (big maybe) these guys like each other enough to make some alterations to their game.

OKC apparently plans to move Paul before the season. Probably for more picks.

Like TahoeJ said, this is going to be a season to remember. West seems wide open, and the Bucks may have a step up on the rest of the East but I don't think it's a big one.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    This. And Paul is getting old. I'm also curious what the request was, maybe (big maybe) these guys like each other enough to make some alterations to their game.

OKC apparently plans to move Paul before the season. Probably for more picks.

Like TahoeJ said, this is going to be a season to remember. West seems wide open, and the Bucks may have a step up on the rest of the East but I don't think it's a big one.
    According to an article in The Athletic, Morey spoke to Harden before the trade to see whether he was on board, and he was.

I don't know if they will get picks for Paul, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to give one up, but I am sure they will move him. And have something like a gajillion picks in addition to their own.

Honestly, a core of Paul, Adams, Gallinari, and Gilgeous-Alexander (sp?) would be kind of intriguing. But yeah, they will get rid of Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Let’s bet on it. Bottle of nice bourbon?
    Bump. You never responded I've Seen Black Diamonds... you taking this bet or not? Warriors to miss / make the playoffs? Or even just 7th seed or higher vs. 8th seed or missing?

But yeah, they will get rid of Paul.
    But who wants Paul? Or should I say, who wants Paul on his current contract? Miami may see a good fit with him and Butler, but my understanding is they don't have much to offer OKC.

Can someone explain the "Protection?" column to me in this table? https://www.slamonline.com/nba/oklah...-2020-to-2026/

2020, 11-30 protected: does that mean OKC gets the pick if it's 10 or lower?

I wonder how this plays out for OKC. Lets say they're fortunate and land another once in a generation talent like Durant in 2020. It's going to be at least 3-4 years before that guy will be good enough to be able to contend for a title if we're comparing it to someone like the Greek Freak. Minimum of 2024 or 2025 to build a contender, in which time they trade at least some of these first rounders for players to put around this unknown star. so at best we're looking at 4-5 years of below average play.

Then they will always have the issue of being in OKC and everyone now knows that Clay Bennett is not interested in paying the luxury tax...so that means they probably aren't able to retain players, so even if they draft a stud player that guy is probably gone after a few years. Think of Zion in NO...it's going to play out just like it did for AD in NO. I think the same will be true for OKC, which is a less desirable market than NO, maybe the least desirable place for players to be in the whole league.

Point being, picks are great and if they're losing George and Westbrook anyways then it's good to get something in return...but unless they are able to draft well enough, something like they did with KD, Westbrook, and Harden again I just don't see it ever really working out in OKC.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I think the OKC approach would be to draft a couple of young stars in the making (easier said than done, but easier with a mountain of picks) so it's a desirable place for a veteran star in search of a ring to end up. But yeah, at a certain point if you have a cheapskate piece of shit owner that's always going to be a problem. Plenty of billionaires out there willing to own a team and pay the luxury tax.

Enes Kanter will be wearing No. 11 for the Celtics:
    https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1151547806131400706
    It sucks to suck.

Harden: New move will look like a travel; it's not https://es.pn/2JHEwpP
    via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Guilty until proven innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    Harden: New move will look like a travel; it's not https://es.pn/2JHEwpP
    via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app
    “I look like I’m a bitch, I’m not.” - J. Harden

Hoping for camel back straw.......

Gasol is a good addition. Even if he just stands on the sidelines with Nurkic to inspire the fans.

Dubs extend Draymond $100M/4 year extension. I like it - he’s our agitator and junkyard dog.

https://deadspin.com/draymond-got-paid-1836936534

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Dubs extend Draymond $100M/4 year extension. I like it - he’s our agitator and junkyard dog.

https://deadspin.com/draymond-got-paid-1836936534
    Ringer's article:
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/8...state-warriors

Getting close to someone else starting a new thread since this stuff really is abut this coming season.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Ringer's article:
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/8...state-warriors

Getting close to someone else starting a new thread since this stuff really is abut this coming season.
    I was going to tell you it's way to early. But then I realized summer league is over. So we really are in the 2019-2020 season.

It's time.