Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 2771
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I like that they are trying something new, but one slight flaw with this is it punishes players who consistently guard the best scorer on the other team, especially on the perimeter (i.e. Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson).
    How do you figure? According to that article, Thompson was one of the players most "helped" by their analysis.

One problem with that article, however, is that the "best" defenders were mostly bigs. I am sure that is because an uncontested shot close to the basket is almost a sure thing, while a contested shot is much harder. But their analysis should have at least discussed the difference between perimeter players and bigs.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    How do you figure? According to that article, Thompson was one of the players most "helped" by their analysis.

One problem with that article, however, is that the "best" defenders were mostly bigs. I am sure that is because an uncontested shot close to the basket is almost a sure thing, while a contested shot is much harder. But their analysis should have at least discussed the difference between perimeter players and bigs.
    You're right that it's definitely an improvement for Thompson compared to some of those other metrics, but I still think it underrates guys like him and Kawhi because of the difficulty factor. It's also just based on shooting, whereas if you lock down someone on the perimeter and force them to pass the ball away - which is great defense - it doesn't account for that.

I don't think we'll ever see a truly good defensive statistic - it's too multi-faceted.

westbrook to houston, paul to okc haha seeya paul!

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    westbrook to houston, paul to okc haha seeya paul!
    I didnt see that coming. Suck it Paul!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I didnt see that coming. Suck it Paul!
    I actually did, or maybe I was just dreaming of the ultimate way both teams could just totally F themselves. How do two hero ballers work together? How does OKC rebuild by taking on the most onerous contract since ‘melo?

Maybe Woj is wrong. I hope not.

The NBA is fucking awesome and I'm borderline convinced all of the GM's are on reddit/nba. OKC got a few more draft picks and swaps in that deal. They don't care about CP3's shitty contract, they're rebuilding anyway and have more picks over the next several years than any team in history. As one of my least favorite players ever, I love this.

Clearly all of those reports about Harden and Paul starting to hate each other were 100% accurate.

Love it! Don’t think it makes Rox better.

Maybe OKC can trade CP3 and multiple picks to rid of contract and then take back expiring contracts and marginally useful players.

Maybe Lakers will trade 1/2 their roster for CP3? 1/2 Banana Boat

This really takes a lot of drama out of the next 5 or 6 drafts. Going to be (still) one helluva farm team.

How long before Harden and RW hate each other?

Rockets got a LOT better, and didn’t have to give up key support players like Capela. Harden knows how to share the ball, he just couldn’t depend on Paul to pull his weight. This is going to be an interesting team to watch, now.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The NBA is fucking awesome and I'm borderline convinced all of the GM's are on reddit/nba. OKC got a few more draft picks and swaps in that deal. They don't care about CP3's shitty contract, they're rebuilding anyway and have more picks over the next several years than any team in history. As one of my least favorite players ever, I love this.

Clearly all of those reports about Harden and Paul starting to hate each other were 100% accurate.
    Better contract than Westbrook...and some draft picks... seems like a decent move. Probably easier to trade Paul as well. Maybe detwat

I hope Paul rots in OKC with a mediocre rebuild team. Man i dislike that dude.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

CP expires before RW. Just about a wash on (bad)contracts. Along with John Wall, the 3 worst contracts out there imo. If RW helps them to a title, then Houston is glad to take it on I would imagine. If (hopefully) not, they just gave up some 1st's for nothing.
    The NBA as a whole in the name of sport is unbalanced and getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Rockets got a LOT better, and didn’t have to give up key support players like Capela. Harden knows how to share the ball, he just couldn’t depend on Paul to pull his weight. This is going to be an interesting team to watch, now.
    Good one.

Presti turned Westbrook and his contract into 2 firsts and two pick swaps? Wasn't someone just arguing that he wasn't a particularly good GM? They'll figure something out with Paul, this was too good a deal to pass up.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Jeezus, isn’t this shit crazy?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Presti turned Westbrook and his contract into 2 firsts and two pick swaps? Wasn't someone just arguing that he wasn't a particularly good GM? They'll figure something out with Paul, this was too good a deal to pass up.
    That was me. It's a good move but he's getting bailed out a bit by Morey being desparate. I didn't say he was Billy King level of suckage just that he's not been particularly impressive especially since he turned KD, Harden and Westbrook into a whopping zero championships. The list below isn't particularly confidence inspiring if you're expecting him to draft well. He didn't fuck up his top 5 picks and he drafted Adams (who he gave a bad contract to) and Ibaka. So other than those guys there isn't a lot to hang your hat on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklaho..._draft_history

paul leaving okc.....miami? okc with tons of draft pics in their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Knocker View Post
    How long before Harden and RW hate each other?
    -8 years?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Jeezus, isn’t this shit crazy?
    This entire year from off season to finals is/will be spectacular. What a soap opera. I’m 100% in.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Good one.
    Yup. Hardin. Share the ball. Still laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Hey, I’ve seen him pass the ball once or twice, maybe even three times!

I like this guys take on the trade - Have Mercy!

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    okc can rot in nba basement for years!

Go Sonics
    No skin. However, I support this.

I would agree with that but still do not see Oklahoma city coming back to where they were with all of those picks unless they can trade up with some. I understand the lottery has changed so those outside the top 4 have a channe but all Oklahoma city's picks are going to be near the end of the first round, they are going to need to strike lightning twice to get back to where they were.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    a better version of cp3 and harden imo, but still lacking the ability to now beat the west's top lakers and ironically the clippers, who have a good of pretty good former rockets for the initial cp3 trade, but theyre trying
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !