Page 106 of 111 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 2771
    It hurts to see the Warriors trade Iggy but it was the right thing to do. You can’t live in the past.

Even if the Lakers get Kawhi, I don’t like their chances. You’ve got LeBron who’s not getting any younger, then AD and Kawhi who both have serious injury history, Kuzma, and then 10 guys on the minimum. If one of those top guys gets hurt - which is more likely than not - they’re screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

That Lakers dude from reddit is now saying KL is wrapped up. Other noise is that Iggy will be bought out and then signed by Lakers. Gasol just said he wants to come back - I’m assuming the Lakers get him as well.

Can they start Leonard, James, Davis, Iggy and Kuzma or do they need a point guard? Rondo?

^^^rondo supposedly in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    That Lakers dude from reddit is now saying KL is wrapped up. Other noise is that Iggy will be bought out and then signed by Lakers. Gasol just said he wants to come back - I’m assuming the Lakers get him as well.

Can they start Leonard, James, Davis, Iggy and Kuzma or do they need a point guard? Rondo?

Man, if the fans of all the other teams hated the dynastic Dubs, a perennial loser for the 40 years prior, how is everyone gonna feel when the Lakers” super villains team forms? We already hate the fn Lakers enough when they’re a lottery team for 6 years in a row. The schadenfreude will be strong...

KD has to be the most thin-skinned superstar in sports history. And in this case, what the hell did he expect?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    KD has to be the most thin-skinned superstar in sports history. And in this case, what the hell did he expect?
    I read that and was wondering what the sources of the information were trying to achieve. It just sounded weird. If what they say is true, then I agree with you.
    It’s pretty simple really, the reason why Steph is so great and gets so much attention is exactly why you would want to play with him.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

And might never be even 85% of what he was before tearing his achilles. He might be done. Good deal for the Warriors IMO..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

In other news, water is wet. I am going to like the Dubs a lot more now that KD is gone.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Conflicting reports about Cousins possibly joining Celtics. For Vet minimum? Seems unlikely. I guess they could dump Yabu to make a little cap space. Not sure how I feel about adding Cousins. He's not at the top of my list of guys to bring into a locker room that had major problems a year ago. Plus Kanter and Cousins don't exactly compliment each other.

I tend not to 100% buy into any of the "unnamed sources" articles. It's one thing if they contain direct quotes from the athlete himself, but this is a narrative that's driving itself. Not saying KD isn't softer than baby shit, but this sort of stuff is what makes the NBA successful outside of the season by dominating headlines with often manufactured drama. And for the record, I think KD made a huge mistake.

In other news, Whiteside is apparently very happy to be playing at PDX, according to his own social post (that Miami fans were less than thrilled about) where he rejoiced in being on a team with real shooters. A motivated Whiteside backing up Nurk could be pretty fun to watch...if he doesn't poison the well. I also enjoyed Lillard basically pimp slapping Kanter's account of how the Zer's "dismissed" him. I really liked having Kanter on the team but this is some childish shit if Lillard's account is true. That said, he's a very underrated player and contributed significantly to our success this last season and I think the C's will really enjoy him.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Conflicting reports about Cousins possibly joining Celtics. For Vet minimum? Seems unlikely. I guess they could dump Yabu to make a little cap space. Not sure how I feel about adding Cousins. He's not at the top of my list of guys to bring into a locker room that had major problems a year ago. Plus Kanter and Cousins don't exactly compliment each other.
    Boogie and Kanter would get PnR’d to death all season and playoffs. C’s should pass and get a more “switchable” big to have more versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Boogie and Kanter would get PnR’d to death all season and playoffs. C’s should pass and get a more “switchable” big to have more versatility.
    Yup.

OK, just shoot it out here:
    Where is Kawhi going to go?
    I say he re-signs.

yup...staying imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    C's also just signed a French dude who is a traditional center. Looks like a decent 10 minute a night guy. Big, skilled, slow, can't defend pnr either.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

I think Kawhi is staying. Noone is going to go to the Clippers with him and he doesn't seem to be the type of player that would want to play in Lebron's shadow just to win a ring.

Also, with everyone focused on the total disaster that is the Knicks, people haven't seemed to notice that the Clippers and Lakers are going to have some pretty terrible free agencies themselves. By the time Kawhi makes a decision there isn't going to be anyone left to spend that cap space on.
    It sucks to suck.

When motivated, Boogie is a much better defender than GSW saw. Not saying he wasn't motivated this past year, just that he was coming back from injury.

I will take him if the Cs sign him, he's too freaking good not to. When healthy, he's only a slight tick below Jokic and Embiid, he's a stud. And I can only hope that the last 2 years have made him outgrow some of his bullshit from the Kangz days.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I hope Kawhi stays, but I have no idea what that guy is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I hope Kawhi stays, but I have no idea what that guy is thinking.
    My thought process as well.

nobody has any idea what that dude is thinking.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When motivated, Boogie is a much better defender than GSW saw. Not saying he wasn't motivated this past year, just that he was coming back from injury.

I will take him if the Cs sign him, he's too freaking good not to. When healthy, he's only a slight tick below Jokic and Embiid, he's a stud. And I can only hope that the last 2 years have made him outgrow some of his bullshit from the Kangz days.
    As a guy who has also blown his achilles, you shouldn't sign a guy who has blown his achilles. I think for the first time in his life, Dolan was right not to sign KD also.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    As a guy who has also blown his achilles, you shouldn't sign a guy who has blown his achilles. I think for the first time in his life, Dolan was right not to sign KD also.
    that's a fair point (though I disagree re KD). But still, I think Boogie showed enough to demonstrate that with an entire offseason not devoted to rehabbing the injury, he can be a good player again. Now I don't know whether he can be a great player again, but we're not talking about a big long term contract here.

Name:  7826846829622612545.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  42.8 KB
    It sucks to suck.

Two notable acts of stupidity on ESPN's homepage:

1. Sixers sign Simmons to max deal. I'm not a Sixers fan so I can't say I've watched a ton of him but from what I've seen, he doesn't seem to warrant it.
    2. ESPN claiming "collapse" of Dubs. What? Come on.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Simmons is a seriously flawed player, but still deserves the max.