Page 103 of 111 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2771
    Well, at least he won't have to pack much when he moves.

Don't think they ever found his shirt.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not sure about that. When KD and Klay were both out, the Warriors were just plain ugly on the offensive side of the ball. Curry was getting double and or triple teamed. And all we had was the shell of Boogie Cousins. They're actually a defensive team first, but when you lose that offense it can only go so far.
    Yeah wut? Warriors without KD > raps without Kawhi. Warriors without Klay > raps without Gasol.
    focus.

Celtics rumored to be the favorites to sign Kemba. Ok. Shoudl be fun to watch, but team has zero quality bigs. Ainge would need to strike gold with the $4.7 million room exception.

I really do not like that rumor. But it says to me that they do not want Rozier, because it seems like they could have him and some more quality players, vs Kemba and nobody.

Of course, it might be an unfounded rumor, because nobody can actually talk. Plus we don;t know who else might go after Kemba.

As for bigs, I'm guessing that Robert Williams will get a lot more PT.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm fine with letting Rozier walk. I think his ceiling is below average starter. His floor is playing in China in two years.

The rumor might be coming from Walker's agent to get Charlotte to pony up, but Woj is better than most at sifting through BS.

If the C's do add Kemba, I have to wonder if Ainge is looking at a second move to add a big. Sabonis might be available, as Indy drafted yet another center in the first round. Langford for Sabonis? Or maybe they just play out the year with some marginal guys on 1 year deals, and look to add a quality big with the MLE next season. There are a lot of free agent bigs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Yeah wut? Warriors without KD > raps without Kawhi. Warriors without Klay > raps without Gasol.
    You're not wrong. I guess what I meant was, the Warriors suffered from a lack of depth on the offensive side of the ball, whereas Toronto had more guys who could put up some numbers on any given night. That's why I'm predicting Curry averages 35 per game next season. There's just not many guys left who can put up points consistently, although we'll see how the off season plays out. They drafted Jordan Poole because at least he can score, questionable defense aside (from what I hear).

I'm fine with letting Rozier walk, I just would prefer an assortment of guys rather than Kemba. You mentioned Brogdon and Dedmon, I mentioned Beverly. One more solid PG to share with Smart, and a quality big, and they'd be good. I just don't see Walker as the solution.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^^they did pick up a scoring PG in carsen edwards in the draft so maybe the writing was on the wall for more than the kyrie exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm fine with letting Rozier walk, I just would prefer an assortment of guys rather than Kemba. You mentioned Brogdon and Dedmon, I mentioned Beverly. One more solid PG to share with Smart, and a quality big, and they'd be good. I just don't see Walker as the solution.
    #Capellaorbust
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    #Capellaorbust
    Might just happen. C's reportedly interested in joining 3 team trade with Houston and Philly. I assume this would mean sending out Smart (he has the only salary that makes sense) and getting Capella. I have no idea how or if this would work under the salary cap.

I would be so bummed if they trade Smart!

$4M bucks and LeeeeBron will let you have his number

Oh, and it gives them the space to make a max offer.

Love to know what made that deal happen.
    I still call it The Jake.

Me too. He's my favorite guy on the team. But if it brought Capella I'd get over it.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    $4M bucks and LeeeeBron will let you have his number

Oh, and it gives them the space to make a max offer.

Love to know what made that deal happen.
    Space Jam 2 $$$

Kemba would give them a better closer, maybe.

If they lose Smart to Philly and get Capela (3-way with Rox) how does that suit you?

I think Capela is kind of expensive for what he does but he’d be a good rim runner with Kemba on a PnR. And, you’d still have choices of Tatum, Hayward and/or Brown for catch n shoot. Be a tough squad to defend. (C’s defense suffers without Al and Smart though...)

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You're not wrong. I guess what I meant was, the Warriors suffered from a lack of depth on the offensive side of the ball, whereas Toronto had more guys who could put up some numbers on any given night. That's why I'm predicting Curry averages 35 per game next season. There's just not many guys left who can put up points consistently, although we'll see how the off season plays out. They drafted Jordan Poole because at least he can score, questionable defense aside (from what I hear).
    If they don't get another shooter, Steph is going to be exhausted by February. Triple team is the new double team.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    If they don't get another shooter, Steph is going to be exhausted by February. Triple team is the new double team.
    Dubs should pull a Lakers and sign Seth Curry to vet minimum and pay him exorbitantly for cameos on Holey Moley and Ayesha’s cooking shows to make up the difference.

Marcus AND Big Al????? Fuck. No fucking way. Fuck.

NBA 2018/2019 thread

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Kemba would give them a better closer, maybe.

If they lose Smart to Philly and get Capela (3-way with Rox) how does that suit you?

I think Capela is kind of expensive for what he does but he’d be a good rim runner with Kemba on a PnR. And, you’d still have choices of Tatum, Hayward and/or Brown for catch n shoot. Be a tough squad to defend. (C’s defense suffers without Al and Smart though...)
    It would be a good squad to watch at least. Could they compete with the top echelon teams not sure but there would be some highlight reel oops.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

sunday@6 can't come fast enough....these butler rumors are killing me.

Kemba is more of a fast-break player than Irving iirc, doesn’t that better suit Steven’s coaching style?

I’m worried Kemba’s agent is playing games with the C’s

Kemba would fit, no doubt. I'd just prefer other moves with that money.

sixers...sac-town, suprise bidders for Al H.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Perhaps. It's too exhausting for teams to play that kind of defense during a long regular season, though. Kind of like we see with Harden where he's less effective / efficient in the playoffs when teams lock in on defense and have more discipline. I suspect the strategy might be to let Steph get his but not let anyone else get going.

Boston peeps: I wouldn't get too overly excited about Capella. Decent player but he also limits the type of versatile lineups that Boston has been building.