Page 103 of 113 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2821
  1. #2551
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,118
    Yeah, that's been getting a lot of play the last couple of days. I read somewhere that if they do the trade later, it results in a bigger cap hit for NO, so it's at least possible that this was an intended and negotiated for result. But the way that the Lakers have acted, it seems like it was just incompetence.

    How do you not have a cap specialist on your staff? And assuming you do, what the fuck? Fire them?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  2. #2552
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah, that's been getting a lot of play the last couple of days. I read somewhere that if they do the trade later, it results in a bigger cap hit for NO, so it's at least possible that this was an intended and negotiated for result. But the way that the Lakers have acted, it seems like it was just incompetence.

    How do you not have a cap specialist on your staff? And assuming you do, what the fuck? Fire them?
    Pretty sure it’s just Bron and a TI-86.
    I still call it The Jake.

  3. #2553
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,288
    awesome...burn it down.

  4. #2554
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    17,709
    magic is so happy

  5. #2555
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,057
    I believe this is the only bit of NBA related social media in the universe that doesn't involve dudes complaining about how their favorite team is run by idiots because they drafted Jason Williams instead of Jayson Williams or whichever other 19 year old player they have a hard on for. This is all based, of course, on their having read a few mock drafts and watched some youtube videos and ignores the fact that their similarly under-informed prognostication from the previous draft was totally fucking wrong.

    I'd like to congratulate us all on avoiding such idiocy.

  6. #2556
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    8,715
    Name:  7EC5A060-FDBA-47E7-B01A-A0DB3B17AB15.jpeg
Views: 237
Size:  132.7 KB

  7. #2557
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I believe this is the only bit of NBA related social media in the universe that doesn't involve dudes complaining about how their favorite team is run by idiots because they drafted Jason Williams instead of Jayson Williams or whichever other 19 year old player they have a hard on for. This is all based, of course, on their having read a few mock drafts and watched some youtube videos and ignores the fact that their similarly under-informed prognostication from the previous draft was totally fucking wrong.

    I'd like to congratulate us all on avoiding such idiocy.
    Well done!

  8. #2558
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    519
    "And with the 7th pick in the 2019 draft, the chicago bulls pick...side show bob?"

    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...-day-bulls-hat

  9. #2559
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ECO
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    "And with the 7th pick in the 2019 draft, the chicago bulls pick...side show bob?"

    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...-day-bulls-hat
    The interview was gold. It's was crazy man. I'm like WOW man. That's crazy.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/vi...-being-drafted

  10. #2560
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    The interview was gold. It's was crazy man. I'm like WOW man. That's crazy.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/vi...-being-drafted
    X2. Awesome reaction!

  11. #2561
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    767
    Little looks promising. Hope we hang on to him for a while to see how he plays with the team.

  12. #2562
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    "And with the 7th pick in the 2019 draft, the chicago bulls pick...side show bob?"

    https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bu...-day-bulls-hat
    Come on, Anderson Varejao is Sideshow Bob...

  13. #2563
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,703

  14. #2564
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,288
    Btw - in defense of Warriors fans getting on KD... he dangled that free agent shit over our entire season and kind of ruined the whole thing with his drama. Maybe he was truly undecided, which I do believe, but it comes with the territory and he essentially brought it on himself. Kyrie did the same shit in Boston and I don't think Celtics fans would disagree that it was a major buzzkill.

    If KD had committed to staying long term, he'd get zero shit (from Warriors fans) for not coming back in the finals. It would have been, okay, play it safe for the future. For a guy who is constantly on social media he can be amazingly tone deaf.

    Anyway, rumors of a KD supermax sign and trade. I like it. He gets his money (with the extra $57 million) despite the lost season, and the Warriors get some younger assets (or higher picks), which they desperately need.

  15. #2565
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,118
    That sign and trade idea is interesting, but I think it violates the CBA if they actually have it in place. IOW, if they sign him with the understanding that they will trade him, that's fine, but if they have a deal in place that they can't consummate for 6 months, I think that will be problematic because of the CBA.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  16. #2566
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That sign and trade idea is interesting, but I think it violates the CBA if they actually have it in place. IOW, if they sign him with the understanding that they will trade him, that's fine, but if they have a deal in place that they can't consummate for 6 months, I think that will be problematic because of the CBA.
    I think how it works is that they will agree to trade him on a delay but nothing in the contract is concrete, therefore it won't violate the CBA. So there's a huge level of trust involved there, but it's likely the Warriors way of offering a bit of a make-good for what he did and getting hurt. Plus, if the Warriors screwed him no players would ever trust their organization again.

    It would be funny if it goes down that way, KD stays in the bay area for rehab / PT, then decides he wants to stay after all. With that guy, it's not out of the question.

  17. #2567
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,118
    yeah, I think it's fine if KD and the Ws have an agreement re trade, but it isn't ok if the Ws and some other team have a deal in place.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  18. #2568
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, I think it's fine if KD and the Ws have an agreement re trade, but it isn't ok if the Ws and some other team have a deal in place.
    Curious why you say that? Not sure what it matters... but haven't given it much thought. This is assuming KD is in on the arrangement, of course, which he would be. If anything it's to the advantage of the other team and worse for the Warriors.

  19. #2569
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,118
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Curious why you say that? Not sure what it matters... but haven't given it much thought. This is assuming KD is in on the arrangement, of course, which he would be. If anything it's to the advantage of the other team and worse for the Warriors.
    Because it would be an attempt to circumvent the CBA. They have specific rules and limitations WRT to sign and trades. This type of deal would not comply with those, and is only possible/conceivable because KD is injured and won't be playing between now and when they could consummate the deal.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  20. #2570
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because it would be an attempt to circumvent the CBA. They have specific rules and limitations WRT to sign and trades. This type of deal would not comply with those, and is only possible/conceivable because KD is injured and won't be playing between now and when they could consummate the deal.
    You mean like when we're 5 minutes into free agency with supposedly no contact prior and detailed contract agreements get announced? I always get a chuckle out of that.

  21. #2571
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,118
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You mean like when we're 5 minutes into free agency with supposedly no contact prior and detailed contract agreements get announced? I always get a chuckle out of that.
    heh, yeah. Never said it made sense, just that it probably violates the CBA.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  22. #2572
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    17,709

  23. #2573
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    17,709

  24. #2574
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,288
    ^^^stay classy rockets.

  25. #2575
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,288
    Can't really argue with any of this year's winners.

    I'm starting to appreciate the general consensus building about both Westbrook and Harden and how their inflated stats come at a cost. Harden finished 2nd this year but I bet he falls further back next year unless he cuts down on the ISO stuff (which wears him out, which is part of the reason he's atrocious on the defensive end).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •