Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TransplantedFromRMNP View Post
    See Forever @ Telluride for sure
    Yeah, that is a dandy. There is another one at Telluride that is billed as the steepest groomed run in the world. Spiral Stairs? Whichever it is, on my old Atomic SL 9-11ís you had to be ON those bad boys or it was game over. I was scared chitless laying down train tracks on that fun, but so in the moment it was intense. So much fun.

Kicking Horse, when the front
    Side is groomed is fast cruising.

Also, if they groom Stumbocks at Panorama, it can be a gas as well.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdan View Post
    Yeah, that is a dandy. There is another one at Telluride that is billed as the steepest groomed run in the world. Spiral Stairs? Whichever it is, on my old Atomic SL 9-11’s you had to be ON those bad boys or it was game over. I was scared chitless laying down train tracks on that fun, but so in the moment it was intense. So much fun.
    Silvercloud off lift 15 in revy bowl is the steepest we groom. Steepest in the world? I'm not gonna get into that bag of worms but it is pretty damn steep.. great place for watching low consequence jerry-slide-for-lifes.
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

I don't know how it compares but Dogleg at Squaw is fairly steep and usually very firm; when they ran the National Champ GS there a couple of years ago racers said it was steeper than any WC GS. (Ligety, among many others, DNF. The local racers who trained that run every day when they were juniors did well.) I wouldn't call it a favorite--way too short and a long slow lift ride, but I try to do it a couple of times on groomer days--a good run for pointing out bad technique. Beats lapping Shirley Lake for sure.

I enjoy the wall->buckboard at Kirkwood. Also enjoy cornice to hair jump to st Anton to patrolmens at mammoth.

Also, I seem to remember some groomed glades on Blue Ski Basin....but it was long ago, and I can't recall the trail name.
    "My policies are based not on some economics theory, but on things I and millions like me were brought up with: an honest day's work for an honest day's pay; live within your means; put by a nest egg for a rainy day; pay your bills on time; support the police." M. Thatcher (RIP)
    "...
    Judges smoke it, even the lawyer too...So you've got to legalize it..." Peter Tosh

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Silvercloud off lift 15 in revy bowl is the steepest we groom. Steepest in the world? I'm not gonna get into that bag of worms but it is pretty damn steep.. great place for watching low consequence jerry-slide-for-lifes.
    LAst time I was there was 2005 I think. May have been steepest groomed in USA, but still damn steep. Also may have been local embellishment. I didnít get out my protractor!
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    I will go first,

Bon Diablo at SilverStar BC.

Nothing beats first tracks on corduroy after a fresh 10cm. Followed by hot coco at Paradise camp. Mmm.
    I respect your opinion but gotta disagree - thereís lots of things better than first tracks on corduroy after 10cm. How about snorkeling in 40cm of blower?

Probably still my favorite groomer is at my local hill, Upper Nugget at Bogus Basin. That or Main Street or Slobovia at Brundage.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Easy Out at Blackcomb yet.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I respect your opinion but gotta disagree - there’s lots of things better than first tracks on corduroy after 10cm. How about snorkeling in 40cm of blower?
    better be steeper than most the groomed runs
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I respect your opinion but gotta disagree - there’s lots of things better than first tracks on corduroy after 10cm. How about snorkeling in 40cm of blower?
    40CM? Isn't that like 4 inches? Not enough to snorkel in...

Larkspur at Beaver Creek is pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    40CM? Isn't that like 4 inches? Not enough to snorkel in...
    Um...no. More like just shy of 16".

In third grade, we had to learn the metric system, and we were told it would be the US standard in like 10 years or less. Guess it didn't exactly take. Sheesh, back to 3rd grade for you!
    Last edited by skizix; 10-11-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Also, I seem to remember some groomed glades on Blue Ski Basin....but it was long ago, and I can't recall the trail name.
    I can't recall the trail name(s) either but those were the most fun I've ever had on a groomer, by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    I can't recall the trail name(s) either but those were the most fun I've ever had on a groomer, by a long shot.
    Think thatís Big Rock Park - what trail is what gets a little vague around there. Not really a glade per se, but skiing around islands of trees (proper glade canít really be groomed of course). Casual skiing but aesthetic and fun for sure (no snowmaking in that area helps a lot - manmade snow sux and Iíd rather hit rocks dammit)