Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2453
    Roads closed! Country Club!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^

Tanners was Class 5 last night.
    Waxing up my rock skis...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    ^^^

Tanners was Class 5 last night.
    Waxing up my rock skis...
    Probably looks about how it did when mallwalker drug me up there in May

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1565355498.170151.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	290670

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Probably looks about how it did when mallwalker drug me up there in May

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1565355498.170151.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	290670
    If those weren't your rock skis before that day they musta been after...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Last season at Snowbird did anybody notice all the small signs that appeared on the gates indicating the name of the traverse/trail? I also noticed a number of new gates that hadn't been there in years past. I wonder if this is an effort to make some areas, like everything on the west side of Gad 2, user friendlier. But should it be? I know a lot of tourists are afraid to venture past gates going off to . . . . who knows where? I think this will inevitably drive more traffic to those places since is will be easier to connect the gate to the trail map. I think a lot of tourons will be surprised when they discover High Defiance etc.

New Mayflower Mountain Resort west of Jordanelle. Thoughts? Sorry if this has been posted already and I missed it.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46616589...coming-to-utah

The Alta crew has lost a long time friend. Long time Alta skier passed away totally unexpectedly yesterday. If you're an Alta regular you've seen him around for years. Sometimes in a trashbag on wet days...

RIP RobR you'll be missed by many. Ill never ski "robs girl" the same again.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    The Alta crew has lost a long time friend. Long time Alta skier passed away totally unexpectedly yesterday. If you're an Alta regular you've seen him around for years. Sometimes in a trashbag on wet days...

RIP RobR you'll be missed by many. Ill never ski "robs girl" the same again.
    Was he one of the guys in line early just about every day?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Was he one of the guys in line early just about every day?
    Yep...always. on spademans. That might help

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yep...always. on spademans. That might help

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    That what I thought, one of First Chair Brian's crew.

Sorry to hear this, RIP. He could have some colorful conversations with folks that didn't understand line etiquette early AM especially on big days. He had a chair stashed under the deck which was a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Sorry to hear this, RIP. He could have some colorful conversations with folks that didn't understand line etiquette early AM especially on big days. He had a chair stashed under the deck which was a great idea.
    he sure could...essentially the "mayor" of Alta....really good guy. I am surely in a funk after hearing the news early this AM. I was literally just talking with him 2 days ago about how his shoulder injury skiing last year was healing up. Im sure those spademans are sitting in his locker right now. He actually had a couple pair as backups BNIB.

RIP Rob. Sad news indeed.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

That sucks to hear, damn. Rob was a great guy, he saved my ass one time when I hid out in the GMD during an overnight interlodge...

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Probably not the best location for this but since we're at a low point in the 'Satch thread for many reasons...
    X-post from mountainproject.com, see here.

Someone has been landing a private helicopter in Lone Peak cirque a few times this summer (and late spring apparently). Witnesses saw passengers get out to climb a route before flying out.
    The tail of the helo is covered, obscuring the registration number. This is causing a minor uproar since, you know, wilderness and all, plus the fact that everyone else hoofing up the 5500' approach to get there.
    A bored mp.com member did some digging and most likely identified a BYU professor (?) and ring leader of an insta douche-horde (my interpretation) as the pilot. Talk about reporting this to the FS and FAA ensued.

Discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    New Mayflower Mountain Resort west of Jordanelle. Thoughts? Sorry if this has been posted already and I missed it.

If you are looking west from the Jordanelle, I think that this will be just left of the DV terrain. There are some good groomers in that area, but I think this new resort must carry low altitude (maybe 6700' to 8000'). I guess that it will be convenient to people from Red Ledges, Heber and Kamas, but IMHO it doesn't have much potential.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

The Wilderness Act expressly prohibits any “landing of aircraft” and any “installation” within designated wilderness “except as necessary to meet minimum requirements for the administration of the area” as wilderness. 16 U.S.C. 1133.

This has been used to collect and tag wildlife in the past, but not recreational skiing
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post

Meh, it's a contaminated mine site on private property adjacent to a megaresort.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Probably not the best location for this but since we're at a low point in the 'Satch thread for many reasons...
    X-post from mountainproject.com, see here.

Someone has been landing a private helicopter in Lone Peak cirque a few times this summer (and late spring apparently). Witnesses saw passengers get out to climb a route before flying out.
    The tail of the helo is covered, obscuring the registration number. This is causing a minor uproar since, you know, wilderness and all, plus the fact that everyone else hoofing up the 5500' approach to get there.
    A bored mp.com member did some digging and most likely identified a BYU professor (?) and ring leader of an insta douche-horde (my interpretation) as the pilot. Talk about reporting this to the FS and FAA ensued.

Discuss?
    Holy shit. I'm surprised no one has put a rock through the windshield. Guy deserves to lose his license and be punished to the full extent of the law.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 08-21-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Holy shit. I'm surprised no one has put a rock through the windshield. Guy deserves to lose his license and be punished to the full extent of the law.
    Note the windshield/glass cover in the mountainproject thread lol. And I agree, pull his license for landing in a wilderness area for anything short of a real emergency (which of course this wasn't).

On the bright side, heaving a rock through a choppa windshield is motivation to take on what's otherwise a fahking. miserable. hike.

Good point. That would make the hike out a happy experience

Those mtnproject guys are great detectives, figured out the helo, the owner and the pilot as well as their instagrams. Checking out the intagrams I've never witnessed that level of doucheieness before. It is stunning. The helo pilot actually has an instafuck post bragging about not having to hike into the LPC. Let em know how you feel!

instagram.com/p/Bj-jhmoF10U

In other news....

Have you driven LCC since the flood. There is still water pouring across the road in several spots. My understanding is it's not snowmelt, the flash flood opened up a spring on the N side of the road. I was told the resorts have asked for over a million $ from the feds the close off the spring. Hope they get it done before winter or we will all need to upgrade to studded snowtires....
    Bunny Don't Surf

That's crazy about the spring. Haven't been up there since but likely will this weekend.

And yeah I guessed it was that pilot right away as I'd seen engagement pictures (actually from Caroline Gleich lol) with the chopper landing on some Wasatch peaks that I suspect was not permitted/legit.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    That's crazy about the spring. Haven't been up there since but likely will this weekend.

And yeah I guessed it was that pilot right away as I'd seen engagement pictures (actually from Caroline Gleich lol) with the chopper landing on some Wasatch peaks that I suspect was not permitted/legit.
    Da fuck? Opening up a new spring? That's crazy. Probably dislodged huge amounts of choss that were sitting on top of a seep that never managed to see the light of day before and is now happily coursing above ground. The road is definitely going to get more sassy this winter...

Re: heli-douche, the MP.com peeps tend to dive into things like rabid dogs go after roadkill. A few of them are militant enough that I wouldn't be surprised is something actually gets done about the guy. They're already figuring out who his sponsors are which tends to lead to some spectacular results (compared to notifying the authorities). As far as CG goes, welp, we got a thread for that already!

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Re: heli-douche, the MP.com peeps tend to dive into things like rabid dogs go after roadkill. A few of them are militant enough that I wouldn't be surprised is something actually gets done about the guy. They're already figuring out who his sponsors are which tends to lead to some spectacular results (compared to notifying the authorities). As far as CG goes, welp, we got a thread for that already!
    I think it's bullshit and it makes me sad that people are able to break the laws of the land and air with little to no reprecussions. I hope the Gallard brothers seem some kind of punishment for their actions. Its unfortunate that someone who is a BYU geology professor and considers himself an "ultra-athlete" can't respect the land nor can't get up a 6 mile approach without a helicopter.

I submitted a complaint to the FAA about the helicopter and have considered contacting BYU.