Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    I think the fewer crowds at solitude ship sailed with the Ikon pass.

Had a lot of friends jump ship together BCC side last few years and are now coming back to LCC because of parking and crowds.

No real data to support this, just pre-work musings

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    I stand with Alta. They have been the preeminent steward of LCC for 80+ years and know whats best for this special sliver of the Wasatch.

I also find the amount of childish and butthurt vitriol directed towards Alta by the Ski Touring community to be extremely amusing. They have supplanted the snowboarders in this regard. Feel free to voice your displeasure but you end up looking like a dickhead imo
    says the no cred jong with 248 dickhead failed attempts at community enhancement
    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post

Let me put it another way. On the ski patrol at Alta, there was one turnover last year...to a returning patrol person. This year had one turnover.
    They must be doing something right seeing how patrolmen are paid the same as sister resorts with 20x the turnover!
    fuck me
    i was so gonna come candidate today
    hope to come scrubbin bubble ski ya soon
    in mountain accord prices your posts are worth upwards of $10,000
    but they need another couple mil in the 8 millions gone kitty
    fore you summit a bill for em
    pow mows openin today but not till 1pm
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Snowsheds are a band aid. An expensive as shit band aid.
    The road is in the wrong place for safety.
    There is room to park thousands of cars at the mouth of LCC. North side; extend the park and ride west up to 1/2 mile there on Forest Service land (which is where the existing park and ride came from).
    Except for the Dillard place there on the right, its all FS land.
    Parking garages...
    Start charging a road fee if you don't use mass transit to pay for it all.
    A gondola would not have to be a 45 minute ride.
    The euros have this shit figured out.

BTW 1" h2o at the Alta last 24 hrs, hardly any wind.
    Git some!!!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Alta loses out on major revenue by not having lodging and no restaurant on the Wildcat side. I think it's perfectly reasonable for a land swap and I don't see any downside. Alta would get base area property from the FS that is in a developed area. GG reverts to the FS and everybody's pretty happy.
    Cutting off their nose to spite their face.

It's worth pointing out that Snowbird, which stands to benefit just as much as Alta from any potential transportation solution, is giving up all future interest in White Pine under CWNCRA as currently written.

It's also worth pointing out that UDOT has already allocated $60 million to improve access/congestion/parking in LCC and is in the middle of preparing a massive EIS to that effect. So, Alta's insistence that nothing is being done on the transportation front is disingenuous at best.

Appreciate the insight telefreewasatch. I was amazed at my first trip to Europe....The roads are sketchy as shit, high any danger. People use the trams and gondolas for access.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

winter up there... too cold for pics but this morning skied damn good. also the most whumphing I’ve heard in a while... stay frosty.

e: 13" seemed about right in the brighton store lot... managed to get stuck even with awd + m+s tires, thanks for gnarchived and skiatl for pushing me out lol. might need some real snows, is there a thread about that anywhere I can consult?
    Last edited by mall walker; 11-30-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    says the no cred jong with 248 dickhead failed attempts at community enhancement
    in fairness he is the expert on “looking like a dickhead”

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I think the fewer crowds at solitude ship sailed with the Ikon pass.

Had a lot of friends jump ship together BCC side last few years and are now coming back to LCC because of parking and crowds.

No real data to support this, just pre-work musings

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I worried about Solitude getting overrun with IKON. I'd love to get more information about how things go there this season.

As bad as parking and crowds are up BCC, is it worse than LCC? I've been switching between both every year, and both are junk shows on busy days, but LCC seems slightly worse, especially Alta. Alta does seem to have more actual parking, but seems to get filled fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Cutting off their nose to spite their face.

It's worth pointing out that Snowbird, which stands to benefit just as much as Alta from any potential transportation solution, is giving up all future interest in White Pine under CWNCRA as currently written.

It's also worth pointing out that UDOT has already allocated $60 million to improve access/congestion/parking in LCC and is in the middle of preparing a massive EIS to that effect. So, Alta's insistence that nothing is being done on the transportation front is disingenuous at best.
    Again, the clincher was that Alta was going to cede Grizzly Gulch in exchange for the building of a train.
    The train was not Alta's idea, they were just going along for the ride. The train is not being built. On the flip-side, it was disingenuous for parties to offer a train that they couldn't deliver, stalling Alta's efforts. It worked for a couple of years, actually, but this outcome was predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post

fuck me
    i was so gonna come candidate today
    hope to come scrubbin bubble ski ya soon
    in mountain accord prices your posts are worth upwards of $10,000
    but they need another couple mil in the 8 millions gone kitty
    fore you summit a bill for em
    pow mows openin today but not till 1pm
    That 8 million that Mtn. Accord spent on nothing could have gone a long way towards land acquisition / parking development at the bottom of BCC and LCC. What a waste of dollars, eh?
    Gotta start somewhere with this problem.
    May as well start at the beginning!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Seems like a consensus could form around far expanded parking at LCC mouth and increased public transport whether bus, gondy, train, lama or donkey rides or my personal favorite ATATs from starwars which are 20 Meters high and have blast impervious Armour plating.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AT-AT_89d0105f.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	257886

Seems like a reasonable first step towards an end game that works for most everyone concerned. Doesn't spenda Bizzilion up front and we could push for it now while the monied interests figure out how to spend our tax money for their end game. Whether that be better skier experience ala Altiod, or more evil mountain top castles and carnival rides for the burd.

Now if only ASL could build a ski lift in grizz AND guarantee human powered access through and sidecountry access into grizz for the turn earners then even slowboarders could still not lose access to grizzy g and we could all COEXIST in harmony, even with snowjoker and sirheadinjury

Name:	91219.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	716.3 KB 
ID:	257887

Much love and respect TFW for all your hard work keeping us skiers on top of the greatest of snows

Oh and I am sick and may miss skiing this weekend so it's guranteed to be double overhead blower unicorn tears of love and joy.....

Name:  7925fcd3c86803c99cd7a5b34efff562--im-sick-meme-being-sick-memes.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  24.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Oh and I am sick and may miss skiing this weekend so it's guranteed to be double overhead blower unicorn tears of love and joy.....

Name:  7925fcd3c86803c99cd7a5b34efff562--im-sick-meme-being-sick-memes.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  24.3 KB
    dude... take some emergen-c or something...

Name:	IMG_4489.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	257916

North facing is good but it’s holding well. It was pretty heavy but that is great to cover twigs and such
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    dude... take some emergen-c or something...
    My buddy from magma gave me a lil baggie of special crystals said I should smoke em or eat em and it'll give me enough energy to go ski tomorrow and if I keep after it all weekend. He said it makes you itchy a bit but if I scratch through my pattaguch I will just broform a new one.

I should be ohhhhhh kay and will probably make a diving save and be there for first tram, cough real hard and infect the whole boat to cull the heard for next weekend.

Is it just me or is the snowbird snow stake camera no more? Is there any snow stake webcam in LCC anymore? Seems like kinda a fucked up oversight.

skiing was damn good this morning in grizzly gulch, like faceshots on every turn good.
    Tons of people out there too, haven't taken one ski action shot all season so no stoke from today.
    seasons really shaping up nicely

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post

Name:	IMG_4489.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	257916

North facing is good but it’s holding well. It was pretty heavy but that is great to cover twigs and such
    Nice. Surprised they are running the triple.

Long time member and lurker just never post. Maybe I’ll change that.

But I’m a 9-5 keyboard warrior these days and have an Icon pass with the rest off the State. Live up in PC and won’t ski that mess. Speaking off mess, scared to be apart of traffic and morning mess tomorrow. Plan to bounce around Alta tomorrow morning for day 1. Dirty green Arteryx jacket and black pants. Say hi!

Quote Originally Posted by TWA View Post
    Long time member and lurker just never post. Maybe I’ll change that.

But I’m a 9-5 keyboard warrior these days and have an Icon pass with the rest off the State. Live up in PC and won’t ski that mess. Speaking off mess, scared to be apart of traffic and morning mess tomorrow. Plan to bounce around Alta tomorrow morning for day 1. Dirty green Arteryx jacket and black pants. Say hi!
    yeah i'm expecting solitude to get CRUSHED this year w Ikon. we'll see.....and billie get some snow tires dude! sheesh.

Creamy turns today at Alta. That heavy snow sure is fun when it is fresh and only boot top high.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Same at The Can. Tomorrow. the Driveway may be the ticket.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    yeah i'm expecting solitude to get CRUSHED this year w Ikon. we'll see.....and billie get some snow tires dude! sheesh.
    hey man if they could just keep shit plowed up there it wouldn't be an issue... are you the mayor of brighton yet?? who do I write my angry letter to??

reynolds rode well this am. things are indeed, shaping up nicely.

Name:	top.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	257955

Name:	reynolds.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	257956

Name:	exit.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	257958

First lap at alta was realllll good. Tower 10 tracked out in moments and didnt feel like working hard enough on day 1 of real skiing to jitterboot. Bet Greeley was $$$.

ASP up on the T today..bet it opens in the next few days. No ballroom or shoulder today either

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app