Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2446
  1. #2276
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wasatch Back: 7000'
    Posts
    8,783
    Contact BYU?
    That would probably give his peers a good laugh.

    Envy, or just a sense of civic duty
    ďA society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.Ē
    ― Milton Friedman

  2. #2277
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    3,285
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Contact BYU?
    That would probably give his peers a good laugh.

    Envy, or just a sense of civic duty
    I hear ya. Seems silly and petty. Civil outrage can easily cost people their jobs/sponsorship though, especially when you're a geography professor shitting on mountain tops.

  3. #2278
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    46
    Is emerald lake watershed? There is a video of him landing his helo on an ice sheet and swimming in emerald lake.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #2279
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    Is emerald lake watershed? There is a video of him landing his helo on an ice sheet and swimming in emerald lake.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Serious question: Did people do shit like this before social media? Total fuckage of society.

  5. #2280
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Serious question: Did people do shit like this before social media?
    If a tree falls in the forest...
    People did all manners of dumb shit BITD, a small number of others became aware of it, and an even smaller number were inspired by it. One asshole could only breed a couple more assholes which kept the population under control.
    Now every turd with a cell phone and a bit of IG proficiency can become an influencer and inspire hordes of like-minded twats to mimic their idiotic behavior. With enough followers come the sponsors and the self-perpetuating cycle is established. One asshole with exposure breeds hundreds of other assholes who descend upon every tagged place like a fucking plague of GoPro-equipped locusts, leading to
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Total fuckage of society.
    You called it.

  6. #2281
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    Is emerald lake watershed? There is a video of him landing his helo on an ice sheet and swimming in emerald lake.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Emerald lake on Timp? Not watershed, but most definitely Wilderness. Wow, the gall of this fucking guy.

  7. #2282
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Emerald lake on Timp? Not watershed, but most definitely Wilderness. Wow, the gall of this fucking guy.
    Apparently someone on MP message him then spoke with him on the phone. He denies any involvement and is apparently a great guy very respectful of all the things. He also claims to know who the real culprit is and expects him to get a ticket (?) soon. I'd note that the MP forums are frequented mostly by eternal optimists and profound idiots so this should all be taken with a grain of salt. Can't imagine dude would admit he is the pilot when confronted on the phone...

  8. #2283
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    46
    I guess the post about emerald lake didnít have the helo in it, I got it mixed up with his other posts. but after reading the mp post his brother and him do still seem like pieces of shit. In one article linked he kept landing his helo in his neighborhood and his town had to pass a law to stop it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #2284
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    If a tree falls in the forest...
    People did all manners of dumb shit BITD, a small number of others became aware of it, and an even smaller number were inspired by it. One asshole could only breed a couple more assholes which kept the population under control.
    Now every turd with a cell phone and a bit of IG proficiency can become an influencer and inspire hordes of like-minded twats to mimic their idiotic behavior. With enough followers come the sponsors and the self-perpetuating cycle is established. One asshole with exposure breeds hundreds of other assholes who descend upon every tagged place like a fucking plague of GoPro-equipped locusts, leading to
    You called it.
    This kind of knowledge should be put on a billboard off Wasatch Blvd.

  10. #2285
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    This kind of knowledge should be put on a billboard off Wasatch Blvd.
    It would sure be better than a picture of Tanner Hall hanging over the 7-Eleven at the base of BCC. Oh shit, I believe I just dated myself.
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  11. #2286
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,850
    tanner hall is dead
    long live tanner hall
    Bunny Don't Surf

  12. #2287
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It would sure be better than a picture of Tanner Hall hanging over the 7-Eleven at the base of BCC. Oh shit, I believe I just dated myself.
    Soon this'll cross over into the Caroline G thread

  13. #2288
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,850
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Oh shit, I believe I just dated myself.
    I've been dating myself since my early teens...

    Wait whut?

    Carry on
    Bunny Don't Surf

  14. #2289
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    457
    Iíve waited a few days before posting this here, but I figure there are some mags that might know this legend. If youíve been an Alta local during the last 30 years thereís probably one lifty that left a lasting impression, for his great attitude and antics at the bottom of the lift. Iím referring to Mike Altman known as Alti. He hasnít worked lifts in a few years but this winter he was at that Albion grill. Unfortunately Alti passed away in his sleep a few days ago. His positive vibes will be missed. Probably no better lifty ever anywhere at calling front row with his famous yelling of ďletís go skiingĒ. RIP Mike ďAltiĒ Altman.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  15. #2290
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,265
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Iíve waited a few days before posting this here, but I figure there are some mags that might know this legend. If youíve been an Alta local during the last 30 years thereís probably one lifty that left a lasting impression, for his great attitude and antics at the bottom of the lift. Iím referring to Mike Altman known as Alti. He hasnít worked lifts in a few years but this winter he was at that Albion grill. Unfortunately Alti passed away in his sleep a few days ago. His positive vibes will be missed. Probably no better lifty ever anywhere at calling front row with his famous yelling of ďletís go skiingĒ. RIP Mike ďAltiĒ Altman.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Been meaning to post this. Heard about it a couple days back also. Great guy. Sad how things go. Alta lost another brother. RIP Alti.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  16. #2291
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    1,809
    Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Iíve waited a few days before posting this here, but I figure there are some mags that might know this legend. If youíve been an Alta local during the last 30 years thereís probably one lifty that left a lasting impression, for his great attitude and antics at the bottom of the lift. Iím referring to Mike Altman known as Alti. He hasnít worked lifts in a few years but this winter he was at that Albion grill. Unfortunately Alti passed away in his sleep a few days ago. His positive vibes will be missed. Probably no better lifty ever anywhere at calling front row with his famous yelling of ďletís go skiingĒ. RIP Mike ďAltiĒ Altman.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Too bad, always enjoyed his do it my way or take off attitude. He had his issues, oh hell, demons but God I liked him. Favorite story from a few years ago. A 90 year old skier named Naomi (rip Naomi) would be in the singles line and Alti would call her out for first chair each morning she was there. Powder day and he calls out Naomi for first chair, rides by herself. Somebody starting griping about a quad having only one rider, Alti quickly shut him down and by the time he was done the guy was lucky the maze didnít kill him.

  17. #2292
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wet and Mild
    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    I've been dating myself since my early teens...

    Wait whut?

    Carry on
    Late bloomer, eh?

    ETA: Oh, fuck, came here to fire off that mediocre retort and skipped over the news about Alti initially. That's awful news. Sold him many a can of beer in my time in Alta. He always had an extra minute to stop and chat about the skiing, and always put a gratuitously large tip in the jar for selling him a few pocket beers. RIP
    Set my compass North, I got Winter in my blood.

  18. #2293
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Out to sea
    Posts
    389
    Despite his issues, Alti had an absolutely incredible memory. Maybe he was making it all up, but he could remember where he was skiing, what the conditions were like, who he was with, and what happened, on any given day. Always enjoyed hearing his morning call.

  19. #2294
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    3,285
    I have a buddy who likes to remind me that there's a glacier on mount st helens that is growing... Well I think you could maybe add the timp glacier to that list. It's at least super fat this year and skied great over the weekend. Went up Saturday afternoon to score August turns, camped, summited sunday morning and then continued over to the snowfield for some September turns. Helicopter would have been a nice assist but then I would have missed all the trail comments. Lots of skiers up there over the weekend, including two chicks that skied the bottom 100 feet of the glacier and spent more time taking photos than skiing. Lots of effort for some gram likes. Fun skiing, thought the snow was relatively smooth considering its September.

    Name:  IMG_20190831_193109.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  214.2 KB

    Name:  IMG_20190831_200552.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  228.6 KB

  20. #2295
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    947
    ^^^
    Nicely done, looks way fat!
    Last Sat up in the Uintas I was walking to a crag when a dude with skis on his pack came out of the woods. He was keeping the streak alive with 34 straight months of skiing but almost blew it for August, he had to settle for a 100' long patch on the back side of Bald Mountain. He did Timp in July with his SIL, they got badly sandabagged thinking the hike was 6 miles round trip, not 6 miles one way...

  21. #2296
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    947
    Update on the helicopter landing in Lone Peak Cirque, the moutainproject detectives have been hard at work. Turns out there are several Galland bros and they're all law-abiding citizens...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	293139

  22. #2297
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,850
    Those fuckers have some insanely hudge houses down in Provoland. I'm sure they will lawyer up, throw around some secret handshakes, and nothing more will be heard about this small indiscretion
    Bunny Don't Surf

  23. #2298
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    2,850
    Yalls just pissed you have to walk up Lone Peak and can't summit with the aid of Jet A-1 and a million dollar helo.

    Fucking peasents
    Bunny Don't Surf

  24. #2299
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    5,207
    I met Matt Galland at a family function for my friend. His family is related and I started watching his facebook. Heli skiing and drop offs were prevalent. I tried to get in on it but no success. Interesting cat and we talked for an hour or so. I have no comment otherwise except we should all follow the rules
    Last edited by whyturn; 09-05-2019 at 05:38 PM.

  25. #2300
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Update on the helicopter landing in Lone Peak Cirque, the moutainproject detectives have been hard at work. Turns out there are several Galland bros and they're all law-abiding citizens...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	293139
    #environmentalism

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caroline-Gleich-Wasatch-Helicopter-Wedding-Hearnes-Elopement-Photography-1.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	293505

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •