Page 26 of 98 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowbirdDevotee View Post
    It's exponentially worse than 10 yrs ago. If they had a good snow the night before they will close the road in the am for a few hrs for avalanche work. If you get there other than "earlier than you think you should be", you are in a huge, very slow line-up alternating cars at various turn ins. Check the twitter "canyon alert". There is a back way to the mouth (not past the 7/11) that saves some time but still not too good.
    Getting down sucks too! And last year I was in a huge couple mile line-up getting into Snowbasin, and it wasn't even that good of a day. OTOH I was at Powder Mtn last year 2 days after a storm and I skied powder all day with no lines whatsoever!
    cool babblin bear story bro
    slow day at pugski?
    or wherever you gapic gapers go now
    bad ass vlad
    https://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanche/42294
    choose your partners well
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

skifishbum: "guesses it was the tudes busiest day ever yesterday
    i thinks maybe theys shut down parts of the bcc this afternoon so the plows could generate nuff speed to clear the road
    dont know if yas asp ers were listenin to the krcl bluegrass express but one of youre old homies is up in montucky now set ya sum jams
    and somethins about guacamole".

Yeah, we made the request just before theirs. Think that was the cue for the montucky ex asp er. Still trying to figure out who it was...
    Lotta asp ers go out to pasture up that way.
    Great day, eh Dibs?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Thinking of chasing pow down there soon if Montana stays dry. Haven't skied LCC in 10 years. Is driving up the canyon/getting in line at like 4am the standard now when it nukes?
    FWIW we called on a guy two years ago in the Wildcat parking lot with four bald tires, Alta Town Marshall was not interested. Road was closed from 10:00 until about 3:00 and when they reopened it he could not make it up the hill. Some guys behind him got out and pushed his Subaru up to Hwy 210. Watched it from the GMD and the Town Marshall was parked at the top of the hill, witnessed the whole thing and could not get out of his car.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    skifishbum: "guesses it was the tudes busiest day ever yesterday
    i thinks maybe theys shut down parts of the bcc this afternoon so the plows could generate nuff speed to clear the road
    dont know if yas asp ers were listenin to the krcl bluegrass express but one of youre old homies is up in montucky now set ya sum jams
    and somethins about guacamole".

Yeah, we made the request just before theirs. Think that was the cue for the montucky ex asp er. Still trying to figure out who it was...
    Lotta asp ers go out to pasture up that way.
    Great day, eh Dibs?
    didnt suck a bit
    caught that song too
    and 2 hours worth of others on our more stop than go canyon decent
    and ya hit quote reply
    then type below
    i send ya an email cause its easir
    hopes to ski ya soon
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Good goddamn skiing with bob and crew @ berd. Free refills. The lieing cliffline line was alltime. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_103329.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	263244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_103330.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	263245Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_103331.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	263246Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_103340.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	263247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_143115.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	263248
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Good goddamn skiing with bob and crew @ berd. Free refills. The lieing cliffline line was alltime. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_103329.jpeg 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	263244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_103330.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	263245Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_103331.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	263246Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_103340.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	263247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190106_143115.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	263248
    Good times! I'm still giggling that I didn't know what you guys were doing and then tried to snake Travis's line, heh.

Skied Alta until last chair. Afternoon was better than the morning. Left at 5. Less than 30 minutes to get home.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

#9yoteleskier

Day was absolutely epic. Went up to my usual spot at Brighton. Decided to change things up and start on Great Western. Had some epic lines there and on snake. Found myself and bro on Milly for the majority of the day. Skiing was awesome and it got better with every run. The funny thing is that there were lines in the morning but everyone seemed to just start leaving around 11. Milly was walk on by 11:30 or so. Small hits and jumps were so much fun today.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Only 1.5 hours down the canyon from the gmd at 3pm today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Wow, we left creek side at 3:20 and were down getting drinks at 7/11 before 4pm....

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Wife took 2.5 hours getting down BCC. i think it would have been 3.5 hours if she left an hour earlier.

My turn tomorrow....

Made second entrance below great Scott with The 7 year old, amazing. Thin at top but amazing. Then got last line out baldy with her and another 7 year old buddy. Absolutely ripped it.
    I don’t think we made friends w our pace on the hike but you really couldn’t see a place to step off until the top.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0596.jpg 
Size:	577.6 KB 
ID:	263251

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    anyone got any beta on the [bad rumor omitted] Peruvian was closed from 2pm on.
    Don't contribute to rumors.

They wanted to run the Gaz-Ex on terrain that drains into Peruvian Gulch.

If you skied on Peruvian Ridge after noon today I imagine you understand why

bittersweet day, momma EoB down on first run with tib plateau. turns looked solid up until the wipe out, honestly don’t know how she got so crossed up but shit happens i guess. was supposed to have surgery with dr. higgins this evening, but she’s on some other blood thinning meds so the swelling was way worse than normal and prevented surgery. now scheduled for tomorrow AM. appreciate this place for the wealth of knowledge it brings, was already dialing the number when the x-ray results came through in the sillytude clinic.

on a more positive note the skiing was fantastic today when i finally got out. linked up with a good college transplant friend and her BF for a couple hours of refills. praxis rx was perfect for todays conditions

I have no pictures but can state it was really good and deeeep. That is all. Oh and getting to the hill was an E ticket ride
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

So wanted to call in sick today, legs are too toasted, preponed calling out sick tomorrow and told el hefe I will be nada manyana. #careergoals

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    bittersweet day, momma EoB down on first run with tib plateau. turns looked solid up until the wipe out, honestly don’t know how she got so crossed up but shit happens i guess. was supposed to have surgery with dr. higgins this evening, but she’s on some other blood thinning meds so the swelling was way worse than normal and prevented surgery. now scheduled for tomorrow AM. appreciate this place for the wealth of knowledge it brings, was already dialing the number when the x-ray results came through in the sillytude clinic.

on a more positive note the skiing was fantastic today when i finally got out. linked up with a good college transplant friend and her BF for a couple hours of refills. praxis rx was perfect for todays conditions
    Ugh. I’m still following this thread and figured I’d chime in. Sorry to hear about the Mrs.

Having just gone through a tibial plateau (and MCL) repair with Dr. Higgins, your wife is in good hands with him AND his staff.

Once she is in recovery at the hospital, make sure you have a nurse set her up with a cold therapy unit. It’s not given by default, but they are available. It took repeated requests before I got one.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

deep, difficult trail breaking this morning. wind has affected terrain way lower/more protected than usual. touchy out there, wind slabs (soft enough to ski though) of varying depths, some density inversion, this next round today should make things interesting. great skiing though.

Name:	little-guy.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	263290

Name:	little-guy-crown.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	263291

~8600'

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Wife took 2.5 hours getting down BCC. i think it would have been 3.5 hours if she left an hour earlier.

My turn tomorrow....
    Yeah, BCC was a shitshow yesterday. But the skiing was definitely worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Vibes, dropped you a PM

Getting out of BCC yesterday was on par with the worst of LCC days. Got on the road at Cardiff at 12:30 and things moved very slowly but steadily to around the S curves. After that it was 15 seconds and 200' on, 5 to 10 minutes off. Uphill traffic disappeared after a while. We made it past the Storm Mountain downhill which was unbelievably slick and got fully stopped for 20 minutes at the nest left turn right before the power plant where we could see flashing lights from a cop. That's when all hell broke loose and a whole bunch of fuckwads decided to follow a UDOT guy in the left lane to get ahead. They got to the powerplant where a helpless cop tried to stop them from forcing their way back in. Guess they had closed the road for a bit to pull some guy out and let the plows through but the left lane bandits created a major clusterfuck. It got even worse when 2 fire trucks came down and had to squeeze by. Worst shit show I've ever seen. Every one of the fuckers who got in the left lane should have been stopped and ticketed, or better shot in the fucking dick. Some old asshole passing me on the left gave me a lecture about how it was supposedly better to drive down in both lanes as if there wasn't a line of uphill traffic stopped around the bend... I should have hit him with my shovel.
    We eventually made it out in 2 hours and I heard people were stuck for up to 5 hours.

The skiing? Unreal. Spongy base to isolate from the old tracks, absolute blower on top. Fast sluffs stepping down into the denser snow from earlier in the night and running fast and long. No wind loading on W faces at 9.5k but that probably changed overnight. Nice to hear that the carnage from Saturday didn't continue Sunday. Lots of people carried, the guys on Blue Ice apparently got really lucky.

jtrue having himself a good afternoon:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26377277@N07/45725601285/

Went skiing in another canyon. No road drama, no people, best snow of the season.

edit: anyone know how to embed video from flickr, is that possible?
    Last edited by dfinn; 01-07-2019 at 12:43 PM.

^ not sure, youtube/vimeo work though. fwiw that link says you gotta be signed in (but I already saw on instagram and that looked fucking epic and I am jealous)

oops, just made it public. thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Getting out of BCC yesterday was on par with the worst of LCC days. Got on the road at Cardiff at 12:30 and things moved very slowly but steadily to around the S curves. After that it was 15 seconds and 200' on, 5 to 10 minutes off. Uphill traffic disappeared after a while. We made it past the Storm Mountain downhill which was unbelievably slick and got fully stopped for 20 minutes at the nest left turn right before the power plant where we could see flashing lights from a cop. That's when all hell broke loose and a whole bunch of fuckwads decided to follow a UDOT guy in the left lane to get ahead. They got to the powerplant where a helpless cop tried to stop them from forcing their way back in. Guess they had closed the road for a bit to pull some guy out and let the plows through but the left lane bandits created a major clusterfuck. It got even worse when 2 fire trucks came down and had to squeeze by. Worst shit show I've ever seen. Every one of the fuckers who got in the left lane should have been stopped and ticketed, or better shot in the fucking dick. Some old asshole passing me on the left gave me a lecture about how it was supposedly better to drive down in both lanes as if there wasn't a line of uphill traffic stopped around the bend... I should have hit him with my shovel.
    We eventually made it out in 2 hours and I heard people were stuck for up to 5 hours.

The skiing? Unreal. Spongy base to isolate from the old tracks, absolute blower on top. Fast sluffs stepping down into the denser snow from earlier in the night and running fast and long. No wind loading on W faces at 9.5k but that probably changed overnight. Nice to hear that the carnage from Saturday didn't continue Sunday. Lots of people carried, the guys on Blue Ice apparently got really lucky.
    Damn, well that explains the cluster at least. It lasted until the night. Around 3, I got to the base of soli, only to see the road full of cars and completely stopped, with a line of cars waiting to exit the parking lot. Went out for more laps, and same issue at 4pm. We stayed in the bar till around 530ish once we saw traffic moving. Got behind a fucking Prius getting out of solitude....Went to silver or fork lodge for dinner and had a 40 minute drive down the canyon at like 650. Apparently one car left Brighton at 415 and got to silver or fork at 645...insane.

UDOT really need to fix these issues. IMO, the solution is either very strict standards and resources to enforce tire/vehicle restrictions or a non-car/transit solution. I always thought a 3rd lane would help, but an extra lane doesn't do shit if you can't see the lanes and there are cars that have no business there.