Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Lots of stoke on this page.

Thanks ASP. Resort is too good to venture with the dragons. What month is it? Wait, what year is it?

WTF is going on here? This looks like the biggest junk show ever
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    Heard today from SB employee that the ride sharing app will launch later this month and Alta is piggy backing off the platform as well and should have something q1 19
    Huh, good to hear. Wrong canyon for me though.

I hope you can rate riders and drivers. Riders should be rated on a Large Marge or psycho scale and the drivers should be rated on the soccer mom scale for how safe they drive.

Unfortunately it seems they refuse to write tickets. Could it be the resorts don't want the authorities to screw with customers?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Unfortunately it seems they refuse to write tickets. Could it be the resorts don't want the authorities to screw with customers?
    Even more sinister. I reckon part of the Alta Lodging Tax is allocated to paying people in 2WD sedans to drive up during storms. It's been quite effective at improving the visitor experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    C'mon man.

experienced no traffic suckage this morning and got to break a good bit of trail too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	porter-fork.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	390.2 KB 
ID:	258284

Did you go nordic skiing?

the ride sharing app has some appeal and we'll see how it rolls out, but I really don't ever have issues hitch hiking up or down the canyons, with or without skis, summer or winter. You can even find people willing to take you to specific spots in the valley if you are willing to wait for awhile.

good skiing last evening up in the grizz. Snow was nuking, it was quiet, it was real nice. didn't take any photos. but I bet today was really good

edit to add conditions report

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Did you go nordic skiing?
    lol no just a bad spot to take the pic, hands were too cold to get any on the down

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    pretty smooth sailin up the oc
    on the road and skinner yesterday

old man winter cheers
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    the ride sharing app has some appeal and we'll see how it rolls out, but I really don't ever have issues hitch hiking up or down the canyons, with or without skis, summer or winter. You can even find people willing to take you to specific spots in the valley if you are willing to wait for awhile.
    More people will be converted to hitchhikers if they actually know someone will pick them up in a set amount of time. It could convert people, you don't know how easy it is unless you try. I hope the SB app won't be cheaply made without much effort or features A really good app would go a long way. And then marketing behind it so people actually know about how it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    lol no just a bad spot to take the pic, hands were too cold to get any on the down
    Ha!

Reading recent comments makes me feel better about my decision to ride the ski bus for my 3 days in the LCC in January

Thoughts that never crossed my mind over the weekend:

"I should have stayed home."

"Buying the kiddo a pair of Gotama Jrs was a bad idea."

"Sending all of LCC's traffic up BCC on LCC closure days seems like a great idea."

"That guy is ripping the shit out of that ski bike and really making ski biking not look lamer than snowlerblading."

I skied Brighton on Saturday and was a bit disappointed that Milly wasn't open. Snow is definitely good enough to open everything there minus the bowl. Any info out there on when it will open?

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    I skied Brighton on Saturday and was a bit disappointed that Milly wasn't open. Snow is definitely good enough to open everything there minus the bowl. Any info out there on when it will open?
    call this number 801.532.4731
    ask for Rontele, he's been my go to guy for the opening date of milly in the past

you'd could PM him on here, but this time of year he is swamped giving out the inside scoop of lift openings that it's better to call his office

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS, AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 18-19

When I left alta today at 11:30 there were 10 total cars in the carpool portion of the lot. I’d have gladly picked some hitchhikers up, but didn’t see any.

Snow did not suck. Supreme and backside have got to be getting close.

Name:	IMG_3229.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	303.9 KB 
ID:	258317

Yesterday was great, today (4 laps this AM) was DEEEP and full-on blower. Ski on Collins and Wildcat, and the front 1/4 of the wildcat lot reserved for carpoolers and 90% empty

Too cold for pics, but Alta was indeed great today and pretty empty. Shoulder was quite deep!

Wasatch Back

Name:	IMG_3986 (3).jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	626.2 KB 
ID:	258389
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Wasatch Back

Name:	IMG_3986 (3).jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	626.2 KB 
ID:	258389
    hell yeah! lookin good

Today's daily dose of stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentry View Post
    Reading recent comments makes me feel better about my decision to ride the ski bus for my 3 days in the LCC in January
    I used it all weekend after eschewing UTA public trans previous seasons. I was shocked at the relative ease at finding a spot at the LCC PnR lot and didn't wait longer than 10 min for a bus all weekend. Don't have winter tires on yet and very few things would damage my TGR E-Cred more than sliding off LCC on all season tires. Until Spring Tailgating season hits, UTA all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Thoughts that never crossed my mind over the weekend:

"That guy is ripping the shit out of that ski bike and really making ski biking not look lamer than snowlerblading."
    Was it at Brighton?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-...would-you.html

Such a overly dramatic video....I thought they were going to chase Lane Meyer for their $2 at the start because of the way it was edited.

Cold but beautiful morning in the Wasatch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks like the approval went through today for the Alta "improvements" including baldy tram, new wildcat, new sunnyside, Flora lift, etc.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/nfs/11558/ww...T3_4499597.pdf
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"