Page 90 of 98 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    PM Rontele. He used to teach at Snowbird and is the authority on private instructors in the Wasatch.
    Thank you.

This post was really helpful as well...should I read this first before PM Rontele?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hlight=rontele

I had a recent college grad ask me about working this winter at Alta. I went to the website to look at available positions and they have few openings other than ski school instructors, apprentice ski school, ticket sales, snow making and snow removal. No lifties or restaurant openings listed. Last season they were short lifties all season long and were hiring in March. Also Alf's restaurant had a sweet deal of working just two days per week and getting a pass. Anybody have an idea of what may be going on?

^I noticed that as well the other day. Maybe they are running behind on posting lifty/skier services stuff?

^I noticed that as well the other day. Maybe they are running behind on posting lifty/skier services stuff?
    I was also hoping to see Mountain Hosts listed. Having hosts at the bottom of each lift as well as the top would help with the influx (IKON) of skiers unfamiliar with the terrain. I answered more questions last season than In my previous 30 years at Alta. Last season it was only weekends and holidays.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS, AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 18-19

I don't think department heads have yet to open up the hiring process online. Alf's is likely to be a junk show next winter due the remodel. I'd recommend being a lifty. Actually pretty good ski time and you get to know the whole mountain. Plus there's a bunch of company living options for lifties.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Those positions that you mentioned are operated by the lift company (alfs, watsons, lifties, ski techs, etc), so as altacoup said, that department are probably behind posting job openings. in my experience working there, they were always casual and late to post openings, which probably doesn't help them fill all job openings. who knows, maybe that's their strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I was also hoping to see Mountain Hosts listed. Having hosts at the bottom of each lift as well as the top would help with the influx (IKON) of skiers unfamiliar with the terrain. I answered more questions last season than In my previous 30 years at Alta. Last season it was only weekends and holidays.
    As long tell them Texas is to the east and south.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I think locals would pay extra money for Mountain Hosts to tell ikoners that they are not wanted and also to never stop on the High T, especially when the pain train is coming by. And maybe how to buy discount plane tix back to TX.

I had a recent college grad ask me about working this winter at Alta. I went to the website to look at available positions and they have few openings other than ski school instructors, apprentice ski school, ticket sales, snow making and snow removal. No lifties or restaurant openings listed. Last season they were short lifties all season long and were hiring in March. Also Alf's restaurant had a sweet deal of working just two days per week and getting a pass. Anybody have an idea of what may be going on?
    Lifty jobs will be posted in about two weeks. Not sure about other departments.

Roads closed! Country Club!!!!

^^^

Tanners was Class 5 last night.
    Waxing up my rock skis...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    ^^^

Tanners was Class 5 last night.
    Waxing up my rock skis...
    Probably looks about how it did when mallwalker drug me up there in May

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1565355498.170151.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	290670

Probably looks about how it did when mallwalker drug me up there in May

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1565355498.170151.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	326.7 KB 
ID:	290670
    If those weren't your rock skis before that day they musta been after...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Last season at Snowbird did anybody notice all the small signs that appeared on the gates indicating the name of the traverse/trail? I also noticed a number of new gates that hadn't been there in years past. I wonder if this is an effort to make some areas, like everything on the west side of Gad 2, user friendlier. But should it be? I know a lot of tourists are afraid to venture past gates going off to . . . . who knows where? I think this will inevitably drive more traffic to those places since is will be easier to connect the gate to the trail map. I think a lot of tourons will be surprised when they discover High Defiance etc.

New Mayflower Mountain Resort west of Jordanelle. Thoughts? Sorry if this has been posted already and I missed it.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46616589...coming-to-utah

The Alta crew has lost a long time friend. Long time Alta skier passed away totally unexpectedly yesterday. If you're an Alta regular you've seen him around for years. Sometimes in a trashbag on wet days...

RIP RobR you'll be missed by many. Ill never ski "robs girl" the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    The Alta crew has lost a long time friend. Long time Alta skier passed away totally unexpectedly yesterday. If you're an Alta regular you've seen him around for years. Sometimes in a trashbag on wet days...

RIP RobR you'll be missed by many. Ill never ski "robs girl" the same again.
    Was he one of the guys in line early just about every day?

Was he one of the guys in line early just about every day?
    Yep...always. on spademans. That might help

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yep...always. on spademans. That might help

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    That what I thought, one of First Chair Brian's crew.

Sorry to hear this, RIP. He could have some colorful conversations with folks that didn't understand line etiquette early AM especially on big days. He had a chair stashed under the deck which was a great idea.

Sorry to hear this, RIP. He could have some colorful conversations with folks that didn't understand line etiquette early AM especially on big days. He had a chair stashed under the deck which was a great idea.
    he sure could...essentially the "mayor" of Alta....really good guy. I am surely in a funk after hearing the news early this AM. I was literally just talking with him 2 days ago about how his shoulder injury skiing last year was healing up. Im sure those spademans are sitting in his locker right now. He actually had a couple pair as backups BNIB.

RIP Rob. Sad news indeed.

That sucks to hear, damn. Rob was a great guy, he saved my ass one time when I hid out in the GMD during an overnight interlodge...

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Probably not the best location for this but since we're at a low point in the 'Satch thread for many reasons...
    X-post from mountainproject.com, see here.

Someone has been landing a private helicopter in Lone Peak cirque a few times this summer (and late spring apparently). Witnesses saw passengers get out to climb a route before flying out.
    The tail of the helo is covered, obscuring the registration number. This is causing a minor uproar since, you know, wilderness and all, plus the fact that everyone else hoofing up the 5500' approach to get there.
    A bored mp.com member did some digging and most likely identified a BYU professor (?) and ring leader of an insta douche-horde (my interpretation) as the pilot. Talk about reporting this to the FS and FAA ensued.

Discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    New Mayflower Mountain Resort west of Jordanelle. Thoughts? Sorry if this has been posted already and I missed it.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46616589...coming-to-utah
    If you are looking west from the Jordanelle, I think that this will be just left of the DV terrain. There are some good groomers in that area, but I think this new resort must carry low altitude (maybe 6700' to 8000'). I guess that it will be convenient to people from Red Ledges, Heber and Kamas, but IMHO it doesn't have much potential.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix