Page 35 of 98 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    not to crowded in the god friendly canyon of the tri's
    maybe we could charge for the privilege of driving up the cottonwoods
    maybe use that money to address our traffic problem
    maybe public mass transit that dont suck and isnt worth the $$$
    naaa to progressive
    the alternatives workin great
    heavy snow, plenty of down trees and happy wagging tails and tounges observed

probably head up and hope to roll out hwy2heav gate
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I skied Park City yesterday with a couple of friends and didn’t experience the crowds. Lower lifts had lines that moved well and we could pretty much ski directly on to upper lifts. I’d guess more Ikon passes were sold than Epic passes. In LCC for three days. Hoping that all of the crowds attend church services today.
    A question on strategy for the upcoming storm forecast. What resort, Alta or Snowbird, is a better call on a storm day? Who can keep lifts open, etc.?

If the storm is big enough that it forces the bird to start shutting terrain down (which it appears to be) Alta will be much better. I usually head to Alta on storm days.

id guess park city sucks and the cottonwoods terrain is what most of the people are willing to drive for
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    id guess park city sucks and the cottonwoods terrain is what most of the people are willing to drive for
    Indeed. I will be in griz breaking in new freshly minted splitboarder. I will look for you at the pass bro

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    I skied Park City yesterday with a couple of friends and didn’t experience the crowds. Lower lifts had lines that moved well and we could pretty much ski directly on to upper lifts. I’d guess more Ikon passes were sold than Epic passes. In LCC for three days. Hoping that all of the crowds attend church services today.
    A question on strategy for the upcoming storm forecast. What resort, Alta or Snowbird, is a better call on a storm day? Who can keep lifts open, etc.?
    Canyon problems existed before Ikon, and just because the largest resort in NA can handle crowds better than Snowbird, or because Little Cloud was broken to make the tram line insane , doesn’t necessarily mean less people are on Epic passes. DV was expecting 8k people yesterday, so maybe PC had an additional 12k? That’s a lot of people up there.

My numbers may be way off, just spitballing. Good luck up there.

Dumbest shit ever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44C4AE64-65A3-49B6-81C4-C0C6C53B650D.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	629.1 KB 
ID:	265584
    Last edited by BobMc; 01-20-2019 at 04:03 PM.

quiet yesterday in silver fork. lots of slope testing on w-nw-n facing slopes and no instabilities noted. turns off the charts all day.

Name:	flanagans.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	363.2 KB 
ID:	265540

Inbound Tuesday night. Big ups to Ullr for putting out the white carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Dumbest shit ever.

Name:	44C4AE64-65A3-49B6-81C4-C0C6C53B650D.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	629.1 KB 
ID:	265584
    So Mr Mayor, they have money to do this but “no budget to check for 4WD / chains” and “even if they did check vehicles there is no place to turn them around”. Looks like plenty of room to me.

Name:	Image1548031344.541776.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	346.7 KB 
ID:	265617

Cheers Ullr. Here’s to a good dump tomorrow. Will be in GMD~745, tan pants, blue jacket, rs130s and purple JJ’s.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

^I'll look for ya. Most likely be there tomorrow as well. Blue pants, green/black flylow jacket, dark orange helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    So Mr Mayor, they have money to do this but “no budget to check for 4WD / chains” and “even if they did check vehicles there is no place to turn them around”. Looks like plenty of room to me.
    What are you talking about, that is some highly efficient “traffic metering.” Cop who stopped me stared at me intently as if he knew I was high and he’d rather have been beating me for it.

Asked a host about it, “Not much we can do about it, it’s either a traffic problem down there or one up here.” I’d bet folks down in the neighborhoods would rather the problem be at those causing it.

Treated to an awesome sunset up at solisunday.
    Hit Alta with friends, but I’m looking to some soft turns in BCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know of ways to score discount tix to powmow? I want nothing to do with the impending shit show that will be going down in these 2 canyons tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Cop who stopped me stared at me intently as if he knew I was high and he’d rather have been beating me for it
    that's some funny shit

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    quiet yesterday in silver fork. lots of slope testing on w-nw-n facing slopes and no instabilities noted. turns off the charts all day.

Name:	flanagans.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	363.2 KB 
ID:	265540
    one of these days were gonna share that terrain at the same times
    thanks fer the skinner
    added a couple new athletes to the crew

bmf is rippin shizz up

sum atheletes wanted hot choccies while the others craved untracked well cream o pow
    ran into a fugitive and a splitter cat on his 1st tour

dude was doin way better than mine when back around the turn of the century my asshole friends put me on snowshoes and dragged me up butler fork in a multi foot blizzard wearing the scott scmidt n face xstreme fart bag and mades me a damn addict
    they decide to stay little and the sun made a few brief apperances

we went big
    skied dream creamy well

oneplanked even betters

pretty homogeneous snowpack top to bottom flannies

suck factor limited to the tight lugey siverfork get out
    and this iconic gapers red snake creating driving skills

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Anyone know of ways to score discount tix to powmow? I want nothing to do with the impending shit show that will be going down in these 2 canyons tomorrow.
    Pm sent
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

The shit show begins at the 6200 south exit. Some jackass 2 Wheel Dr., Nissan frontier. Spinning his wheels going nowhere right underneath the bridge. And a couple of Camrys thrown in for good measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Total shit show. At storm mountain and it's stand still.

Road to lcc completely stopped at La Camille light. Going to be interesting today. High probability of canyon closure today.

My guess is that in and around s turn it's effectively one lane. Seems like we get moving whenever down canyon cars come through

Did a Brighton dawn patrol, made it here right at 7, it's coming down hard.

Rumor is they are finally turning folks around at LCC if unprepared. I Past the la Caille light at 720 and I’m almost to the park n ride

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Rumor is they are finally turning folks around at LCC if unprepared. I Past the la Caille light at 720 and I’m almost to the park n ride

Damn that some road bullshit right there.

Guess at least they are turning folks around instead of a shitshow later today on the down.

Good luck..