Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Alta skied great this morning. Could feel the bottom most places but it felt great to make some trenches again after working the past few days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1274.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	278.4 KB 
ID:	258202

Canyon was quite a mess around 1230-1. Several slideoffs and a nasty head on between a parked ambulance and a car. Was kind of surprised (but not really) that they weren't checking cars/tires this AM.

Name:	IMG_1278.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	258203

Name:	IMG_1280.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	258204

^ They need to read both the “ why your suv sucks in the snow” and “ recommend me snow tires” thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Lots of stoke on this page.

Thanks ASP. Resort is too good to venture with the dragons. What month is it? Wait, what year is it?

Cool photo! Anyone else notice the patroller in the shrubs? That looks like hanging it out there a bit.

I'll be rolling through around Jan 13-16.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS, AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 18-19

I came up behind a 70’s era Volkswagen Beetle at Wasatch Blvd and the BCC first thing this morning. He fishtailed as he accelerated away from the light. I followed him all the way to LCC thinking there’s no way this idiot will try to go up and no way the UPD will let him.

Sure enough, no officer and dude drove right up the LCC past the flashing sign.

Came down at 1:00 and it was red snaked pretty much to the A gate. Drove by the accident(s) in pics above.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    That sucks. If we can't beat the road closure there goes the country club days we hope for. I would think they would almost encourage skiers to beat a road closure instead of adding to the shit show at the mouth of LCC with people waiting for the road to open. So the question is can we beat the closure at 5:30 and hang in the GMD? I can sleep for two hours on the floor instead of one and a half.

GMD can't be happy with this, they make a killing selling breakfast.
    The GMD's guests are very happy with the idea of SLC'ers not beating the road closure. They are also very encouraging of people taking 2wd sedans up the hill during a storm.

To be honest, so much of all this could be solved if they actually enforced the snowtire/chain laws effectively. Seems as simple as just putting a UPD officer at the mouth of the canyon inspecting tires or seeing if chains are installed.

The only time I've actually been country clubbed was not due to an avalanche hitting the road, but because a Honda Accord spun around in a corner and blocked the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

what a day, again. for december 2, it’s been so damn good. even the pup was loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I came up behind a 70’s era Volkswagen Beetle at Wasatch Blvd and the BCC first thing this morning. He fishtailed as he accelerated away from the light. I followed him all the way to LCC thinking there’s no way this idiot will try to go up and no way the UPD will let him.

Sure enough, no officer and dude drove right up the LCC past the flashing sign.

Came down at 1:00 and it was red snaked pretty much to the A gate. Drove by the accident(s) in pics above.
    I was stuck in that as well. They should post a few cops a couple miles up the road and give out $1,000 tix. Just like a speed trap only more painful. A couple hundred $1,000 tickets should get these dipshits to pay attentional the flashing lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    The GMD's guests are very happy with the idea of SLC'ers not beating the road closure. They are also very encouraging of people taking 2wd sedans up the hill during a storm.
    GMD guests don’t hang with the maggots ordering breakfast in the cafeteria.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    I was stuck in that as well. They should post a few cops a couple miles up the road and give out $1,000 tix. Just like a speed trap only more painful. A couple hundred $1,000 tickets should get these dipshits to pay attentional the flashing lights.
    We have discussed this to death. UPD said they don’t have a budget to put a person at the mouth of the canyon even though they did it for years. Writing two tickets a day would pay for it.

UHP was posted up just before rock choke in BCC on Saturday. Dude in POS 96’ Toyota 2wd behind me made it. So much for checking cars/tires.

Housework all day and no ski. But snowed all day at 7,000’ Summit Park. Looks good out. Winters here.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    While creeping along at 3 hours per mile I texted my buddy Travis (a few vehicles behind me), "I hope we're being held up cause they're ticketing the fuck out of every 2wd or bald tired vehicle in this line up."

While creeping along at 3 hours per mile I texted my buddy Travis (a few vehicles behind me), "I hope we're being held up cause they're ticketing the fuck out of every 2wd or bald tired vehicle in this line up."
    Were you and Travis each single drivers in your vehicles ? Or did you carpool?

We carpool every Saturday and Sunday's he brings his son and drives him up. I drive up every Sunday by myself, and have for 20+ years. I am part of the problem, and a result of the problem. Give me a decent transportation alternative and I'll take it. Relying on the bus ain't it, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    GMD guests don’t hang with the maggots ordering breakfast in the cafeteria.
    that's cause they're still asleep in a cozy bed

Give me a decent transportation alternative and I'll take it. Relying on the bus ain't it, for me.
    I hear the GMD has great early season specials for locals!

Absolutely bob I fully get it- was curious, is all. There is a significant locals travel opportunity there which has not been addressed yet. This year in BCC gonna be intolerable for traffic and parking. Heck i am often a single driver driving downhill to solitude because I don’t have an easy way to get home after skiing. One parking spot for one person. Blah.

We carpool every Saturday and Sunday's he brings his son and drives him up. I drive up every Sunday by myself, and have for 20+ years. I am part of the problem, and a result of the problem. Give me a decent transportation alternative and I'll take it. Relying on the bus ain't it, for me.
    What about hitchhiking? I’d love to pick someone up every day. Someone should create a Uber for hitchhiking for the Cottowoods. Connect solo drivers with hitchhikers about to go up. No connection? Then drive up yourself. Then we wouldn’t have to wait on dumb politicians to figure things out.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    What about hitchhiking? I’d love to pick someone up every day. Someone should create a Uber for hitchhiking for the Cottowoods. Connect solo drivers with hitchhikers about to go up. No connection? Then drive up yourself. Then we wouldn’t have to wait on dumb politicians to figure things out.
    Snowbird has been threatening that for the last two seasons. They keep promising an app that will allow you to locate and pick up other folks needing rides. Supposedly even offering bonuses for giving rides, early ups on Zoomer, stickers, etc.

^ that’s a great idea for locals particularly.

We need one every day so we can get carpool parking. Alta should pay $2 for every passenger +2.

SB promised that 2 years ago and never came thru. It would work there if they tried, they don't care.

Snowbird has been threatening that for the last two seasons. They keep promising an app that will allow you to locate and pick up other folks needing rides. Supposedly even offering bonuses for giving rides, early ups on Zoomer, stickers, etc.

Heard today from SB employee that the ride sharing app will launch later this month and Alta is piggy backing off the platform as well and should have something q1 19

came in here to comment on this weekend's snowbird stoke, but, goddam, the amount of preposterous jackassery up on UT210 today was downright ludicrous, both directions. forget the $1k ticket, there should be public flogging.
    its been consistent enough this season, and will only get worse from here on out, that we could/should start an "Official UT210-LCC Bitch Thread..."
    style matters...