Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    The bell burns jet a , the Robinson’s are piston and take av gas (basically high octane fuel ). Fuel burn for the robinsons is probably 8-10
    Gallons per hour, so significantly more than a reg vehicle and really makes Caro’s association with them make her look like a huge hypocrite

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I typically support CG but this one really turned my stomach. Protect our winters huh?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Great to see the Alta flakes going at wildcat!

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    The bell burns jet a , the Robinson’s are piston and take av gas (basically high octane fuel ). Fuel burn for the robinsons is probably 8-10
    Gallons per hour, so significantly more than a reg vehicle and really makes Caro’s association with them make her look like a huge hypocrite

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    People must be giving her shit on social media. She’s been posting a lot of quotes recently about not hating on activists for not being perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    See y'all there.
    Maybe we can collectively gather up the courage to ask that poser Angel if she has change for a nickel.
    Anyone for a Main chute? Looking phat this morning.

And UTA won't even begin to help out.

Are they changing the name from Solitude to Multitude too?

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Someone had to do something. The canyon traffic/parking situation was intractable when I left a dozen years ago and has only gotten worse.

Solitude will be a better experience for those that ski there because of this. It of all the Canyon resorts deals with crowds the worst

This is just virtue signaling bullshit in the name of $$$. Nothing is going to change, since no increased transit is being offered. I cant believe they didn't announce this before season passes went on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Someone had to do something. The canyon traffic/parking situation was intractable when I left a dozen years ago and has only gotten worse.
    Not winter related but I went up to snowbird last weekend for a race some friends. I think it's been 5 years since I was up LCC in the summer. Holy shit I was shocked by how many people were parked on the road at White pine in both directions. My friend said it was completely normal for 8 am on a weekend but I don't remember that many people/cars when I was living there

Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    This is just virtue signaling bullshit in the name of $$$. Nothing is going to change, since no increased transit is being offered. I cant believe they didn't announce this before season passes went on sale.
    I have an ikon pass after a few years at Brighton. Should I pony up money for parking or just park on the road? I always get up to the mountain an hour before opening and avoid the canyon crap show.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Are they changing the name from Solitude to Multitude too?
    just so u noes
    I coined that phrase back before there was an easy way outta honeycomb
    Swaptobers comin
    Downtown digs are a couple blocks north in what used to be a bar
    Swerve maybe
    While the grainery compound gets revomodled
    I'll be back at the helm of the ski u morning snow report
    Stoked the op is healing up
    Will be in touch
    Oar strokes ain't done much for me chix legs
    ability to go uphill
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    I have an ikon pass after a few years at Brighton. Should I pony up money for parking or just park on the road? I always get up to the mountain an hour before opening and avoid the canyon crap show.
    I'm guessing the road will fill up early now. If you can afford it, the pass is probably the best option if you are going 20+ times. Depends on how many skiers you will have in your car and how easy their rideshare app will be to quickly pick up people. I always have 3 people, sometimes 4, and the pass still comes out to be the better/safer option unless you have a full ride every time.

I'd bet they're using the same rideshare app Snowbird had developed last season. It sucked balls and didn't work very good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    just so u noes
    I coined that phrase back before there was an easy way outta honeycomb
    QFTroof

"if you only knew"

was about to Opine this move was to make the resort more desirable for guests that come stay at the lodging, etc. Soli has had a love/hate with locals since the village went in.
    Didn't realize that its Ikon now, I cant even wrap my head around what that means for the old girl and how she skis. fuck

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    or just park on the road?
    going to have to early. definitely impacts us as the 10 yr old is there early for big mt. and the wife likes to roll up later.

Just the first. The fact that they had you commit for a pass before doing this may be fraud. Class action coming is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Just the first. The fact that they had you commit for a pass before doing this may be fraud. Class action coming is my guess.
    This kind of irks me. I just hope this deters people from coming to the mountain a bit. Would be better if they had an automated rolling system in the canyons. That won't really be possible until Udot implements on the interstates.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Agreed. They should offer refunds with no question IMO. But the waters are muddied since you bought an IKON pass, not a solitude pass.

Hopefully this doesn't send more Ikon tourists up LCC, but I'm sure it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefin View Post
    Yeah, this. "Carrot-laden plan" my ass. Still charging vehicles with 4+ people, and free bus rides have been a pass perk at every BCC/LCC resort forever. Unless I missed it or it was left out of the article that's the extent of their "incentives" which is a complete joke. Pure cash grab whose only goal is to sell season parking passes to passholders and bilk the tourists harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    QFTroof

"if you only knew"

was about to Opine this move was to make the resort more desirable for guests that come stay at the lodging, etc. Soli has had a love/hate with locals since the village went in.
    Didn't realize that its Ikon now, I cant even wrap my head around what that means for the old girl and how she skis. fuck
    Oh I know I didn't come up with the Solitude/Multitude thing, but it seemed apropos.

I still have a few of those "If you only knew" stickers sitting in a Ziploc bag in my childhood dresser in New Jersey. Solitude will always have a special place in my heart after living walking distance from the lifts for three winters. Nowhere else I've ever been felt like "home" to me in the way that mid and upper BCC do.

“Hey everybody, ditch your fuel efficient vehicles for that big gas guzzler SUV that you’ll only really use for 3 months of the year to cram as many peasants in as possible to save $20 a trip.”

I mean seriously, how many TGR skiers could you fit in a Sonata anyway?