Page 38 of 98 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    this one is getting stored in the memory bank for awhile, so much snow so fast, so deep.

I almost went home because they did such a half ass job plowing the road

the turns were ok

So hit the 2nd to last turn at road on pow mow and an outback is backing up while a Nissan sedan is spinning next to him and I squeezed in between and made it into lot. These guys were 100 feet from the lot and just done. My copilot says you can make it and that was good to hear. Great day and blizzard conditions on lift but it was awesome in the trees.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Wild day. My 2nd day of 3 here in UT. Planned to hit Snowbird. Got a late start and before I know it LCC is closed both ways. Then BCC is closed. Then the UTA ski bus cancels all routes. Then BCC opens at 2pm. I hail a Lyft to take me to Brighton. Lyft is a Nissan Maxima. Insists he can go up the canyon. Finally realizes his error when were are waiting in line. I hop out and ask dude in pimped out 4 Runner if I can ride with him. He waves me in.

If any of you guys know Bart, tell him he did me a major solid and I will pay it forward. Awesome dude. We only got a couple laps before they shut down Brighton at 4pm but it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentry View Post
    Wild day. My 2nd day of 3 here in UT. Planned to hit Snowbird. Got a late start and before I know it LCC is closed both ways. Then BCC is closed. Then the UTA ski bus cancels all routes. Then BCC opens at 2pm. I hail a Lyft to take me to Brighton. Lyft is a Nissan Maxima. Insists he can go up the canyon. Finally realizes his error when were are waiting in line. I hop out and ask dude in pimped out 4 Runner if I can ride with him. He waves me in.

If any of you guys know Bart, tell him he did me a major solid and I will pay it forward. Awesome dude. We only got a couple laps before they shut down Brighton at 4pm but it was worth it.
    That’s some righteous pow fever there.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I mean I paid for a 3 day Ski City Pass so I’m going skiing. 😁

That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentry View Post

Fuck yeah. After five days spent thinking "fuck this city, fuck these canyons, fuck being a ski bum here" and being more excited for the storms to end than for more snow to come, this made me smil

This MLK weekend will be filed away in the memory bank for a long time. A few stoke highlights:
    -Thursday: Sneaking up the canyon just before it closed
    -Friday: Snagging first chair, and (uncharacteristically) skiing the Hollywood line in Freddie's in all time conditions
    -Saturday: Getting lucky on the hi notch opening, and still getting a fresh line on the 2nd lap
    -Sunday: Surfy backcountry turns
    -Monday: 2nd chair, country club, enough said

Didn't have much time for pics, but here is my car Fri afternoon

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I did some aggressive meadow skipping in my back yard today and it was all time. I hope everyone stayed safe and had a blast.

total chaos and totally awesome. this was the kind of day I read about on TGR 15 years ago- live-posting from a lodge during a surprise interlodge- that got me excited to try to ski in Utah someday.

it was fun being the spazz directing traffic in the lodge during the lockdown this afternoon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    total chaos and totally awesome. this was the kind of day I read about on TGR 15 years ago- live-posting from a lodge during a surprise interlodge- that got me excited to try to ski in Utah someday.
    This comment confuses me...

The mountain closed after 3.5 hours. Everyone spent more time in traffic going to and leaving from Alta, than they got to ski. Not to mention almost 4 hours stuck in interlodge.

Worse still, all that precious powder that continued to pour down remained untouched.

How anyone can view this as a positive is beyond me. Quite the opposite actually.

What’s the point in all this amazing powder if you can’t even rip it? You did come to ski, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn View Post

The mountain closed after 3.5 hours. Everyone spent more time in traffic going to and leaving from Alta, than they got to ski. Not to mention almost 4 hours stuck in interlodge.

Worse still, all that precious powder that continued to pour down remained untouched.

How anyone can view this as a positive is beyond me. Quite the opposite actually.

What’s the point in all this amazing powder if you can’t even rip it? You did come to ski, right?
    Isn’t this DSM

STFU jong. ^ the 3.5 hours of choking on snow was worth the bullshit.

Lonestar, good work, I was the one that spread the word down in the game room once things got rolling. Props to your whole crew there at GMD, everyone handled it super well, and form what I saw, people were pretty mellow about the whole situation.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3502.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	265824

Name:	IMG_3503.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	265825

this morning was *chef kissing fingers*

e: thanks dfinn/your crew if it was you all who put the skinner in. very happy not to be trailbreaking this morning lol
    Last edited by mall walker; 01-22-2019 at 10:15 AM.

blue QST 118 Salomon’s, Oakley googles. Purple undies. Say hi if anyone sees me at Solitude

Looks like someone doesn't have much experience skiing. Most places, you'll spend 2-3 hours each way simply getting to the mountain. The fact that it sometimes takes a couple hours to get to the ski areas which are usually 20min from my door really isn't something to bitch about.

One of my best days in a couple years on monday, total country club skiing. Second chair, 10ish runs before 12:30, got down by 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post

Lonestar, good work, I was the one that spread the word down in the game room once things got rolling. Props to your whole crew there at GMD, everyone handled it super well, and form what I saw, people were pretty mellow about the whole situation.
    KSL reports ten arrests @ Alta for breaking interlodge , did you see any miscreants?

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post

Thanks for the help on that! Almost forgot. Oops! Definitely a lot easier to handle the chaos after having a morning like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseBrooklyn
    im still mad that I got 86'd for being a dick
    I still love you Blurred!

I take it you didn't make it up the canyon yesterday? Do you really think 2' in 12hrs could be not fun in any way?

It skied great this morning btw. Wilbere bowl was stupid deep with faceshots galore.

Also, props to ASP and the GMD crew for handling everything well, y'all kill it!

Name:	IMG_6988.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	265901

Name:	IMG_6982.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	265902

It doesn't look thigh deep but it was. Maybe even waist deep if you are a touch over 5 feet. Fun day.

looks beautiful. i'm looking forward to a sunny day on Friday. It doesn't look like RtoP or Mineral Opened at The Bird today. Great news for those of us who can't make it up for a couple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    dude freaks me out everytime I see him I flashback to the weird cher mask movie

^^^ there are going to be days' worth of terrain openings and it's gonna continue to be a ton of fun!!

Every local here can relate. Let’s start a GoFundMe to bail him out.