Page 96 of 98 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Staffing of public transportation is always a challenge. Peak times are early AM, late afternoon’s with not much in between. I would guess UTA does not have part time drivers so how do you meet peak demand?
    Hire part time drivers? Or get creative with scheduling and also offer increased rush hour frequencies or expanded late night service in town?

C'mon. This isn't a big stumbling block.

not many peeps want to work (2) 2-3hr shifts 6 hours apart. I wouldn't. That's one big problem to overcome with the crunch times.

When I moved to SLC I had a data processing job which I could do in 2hrs (took others 6hrs), from 4-6am. They agreed to pay me for 8hr shift for a while, then the bean counters saw my hours and pay, and moved in and nixed the deal. I explained to them that the issue was they were never going to find someone who would work a 2-4am shift, because they'd need to get another job also. Almost nobody is going to do that. They never could fill the position on their terms, because people are stupid but aren't that stupid.

Well that's one way to exit Twins

^^^ Blew my mind the first time I saw this shit.
    How long did I take to "ski" Lisa Falls the first or last time?
    Next level stuff.
    Wish this shit was up and coming when I was young...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    not many peeps want to work (2) 2-3hr shifts 6 hours apart. I wouldn't. That's one big problem to overcome with the crunch times.

When I moved to SLC I had a data processing job which I could do in 2hrs (took others 6hrs), from 4-6am. They agreed to pay me for 8hr shift for a while, then the bean counters saw my hours and pay, and moved in and nixed the deal. I explained to them that the issue was they were never going to find someone who would work a 2-4am shift, because they'd need to get another job also. Almost nobody is going to do that. They never could fill the position on their terms, because people are stupid but aren't that stupid.
    You just described School bus drivers

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    It's the top of the mountain. If the wife and kid died in a plane crash or something tomorrow I'd probably cash out everything and go all in. Not much need for retirement savings then anyway, because you're almost certainly not going to live to see old age.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Well that's one way to exit Twins

Damn. Without being familiar with that area, I wonder what his ration of distance traveled to vertical lost was. That seemed like way more forward progression than the older wing suits.. not that I really keep up with that stuff.

I think wing suits typically have about a 3:1 glide ratio. I don't know if that has improved recently or if they get "on step" faster than they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    ^^^ Blew my mind the first time I saw this shit.
    How long did I take to "ski" Lisa Falls the first or last time?
    Next level stuff.
    Upon reflection, glad this shit wasn't up and coming when I was young.
    Like Dan said, I'd be dead by now if I was brave enough to get involved, but,
    more likely never woulda had the balls?
    And woulda beat myself up for that.
    Lose, lose.

Looks like NW Montana took a bullet for us. 4' of new?
    Boy are they gonna have deep instability with every new load...
    Here in the LCC we picked up an inch?
    And the last snowfall was pretty much melted even on upper elev. N facing.
    Fingers crossed that it keeps snowing once it really starts, eh?

Was totally content to barely see a dusting this morning. Anyone know when they are gonna fix the running water across 210? Gonna be a sheet of ice in a month or so.

I still can't believe the two landslide paths when I go up the canyon. Simply unreal.

I believe that UDOT is going to start working on that soon. A total of 6 culverts to be installed on 210 in the next month

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

The boulders that were washed across the road was impressive, this photo was two weeks ago.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hwy210.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	937.3 KB 
ID:	295979

The boulders that were washed across the road was impressive, this photo was two weeks ago.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hwy210.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	937.3 KB 
ID:	295979
    One of the classic LCC boulders that sits at the edge of that wash is basically gone. When I started bouldering about 15 years ago I was sketched by some of the tall problems on it, the lip was maybe 12' above ground. Now the lip is at waist level. The amount and size of the debris that came out of Lisa Falls and the washes around it is really something...

Saw this in the minutes from the August Town of Alta council meeting, per Mike Maughan.

The Ski Area and UDOT had discussed setting a strict regulation requiring only four-wheel drive vehicles or snow tires in the canyon between November and April, but they were still considering how to best enforce such a regulation.

This seems confusing as it says four wheel drive or snow tires. Four wheel drive without snow tires is what we have now and snow tires alone without four wheel drive would be a step back from the current regulation of four wheel drive or chains. I suspect it got jumbled when the minutes were recorded. Hoping that snow tires mean 3PMSF and not the inadequate M+S.

MM also said the land swap is dead.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS, AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 18-19

Saw this in the minutes from the August Town of Alta council meeting, per Mike Maughan.

The Ski Area and UDOT had discussed setting a strict regulation requiring only four-wheel drive vehicles or snow tires in the canyon between November and April, but they were still considering how to best enforce such a regulation.

This seems confusing as it says four wheel drive or snow tires. Four wheel drive without snow tires is what we have now and snow tires alone without four wheel drive would be a step back from the current regulation of four wheel drive or chains. I suspect it got jumbled when the minutes were recorded. Hoping that snow tires mean 3PMSF and not the inadequate M+S.

MM also said the land swap is dead.
    There was a KSL article yesterday stating that snow tire requirements for 2WD will now be 3PMSF instead of M+S.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46653198...drive-vehicles

The comments on that ksl story prove just how dumb most people are.

I had to stop reading them. Although I found the article to be confusing about what is actually required and when. Probably makes no sense to the average Utahn.

Totally confused. When LCC is restricted its 4X4 or chains. IMO that is inadequate as the type of tires means just as much as the type of vehicle. Currently when they are checking vehicles they turn around two wheel drive vehicles unless they have chains. So a two wheel drive Camry with 3PMSF tires can drive up the LCC or BCC? This seems like a step back.
    Last edited by bigdude2468; 10-11-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I had to stop reading them.
    I like to read the comments to see how many it takes before someone blames Mexicans and liberals for..... whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    The comments on that ksl story prove just how dumb most people are.
    It's like it's a contest to out-dumb whatever the previous person said.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I like to read the comments to see how many it takes before someone blames Mexicans and liberals for..... whatever.
    Ever made it past the first ten?

Fucking government making me buy tires and shit. I thought this was 'Murrcuh!!!

They need to put a smart blanket policy for both Canyons November thorough April
    4/AWD or chains ( in the car if not needed on)
    I cannot tell you the number of times tourists rent the cheapest rental they can find to get up to the Canyon from whatever limited service place they found in Sandy or even to get to lodgeing at the resorts.

Never forget some D bag bragging to me @ Solitude how he "beat the storm" in his compact rental to get up to the Inn @ Solitude. Typical Utah it puked for days and he got angry he couldnt get back down the canyon to get his flight. if memory serves Ill advised strategy and I wouldnt even dig him out ( outdoor parking for Inn Guests, good times) as there was no way he could logically, legally or realistically drive that car to the airport that day

After 40 years of full time 'trollin in the literal sense, going part time.
    Question for the collective:
    If one could pick Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday for working, what would it be?
    Especially for the obscure, not worried about powder frenzy in the central Wasatch,
    Would you rather have Friday or Sunday in the back country?
    Not just for the Wasatch...
    (Haven't had Friday Saturday or Sunday off in 30? years).
    ZZZ, Dan, Brutah, Boissal, et al, please sound off...

FWIW, Friday is the new Saturday. Up Here, next to Rexburg and BYU Idaho, Saturday seems to be busier. Sunday is the Lard's day. All things considered, Friday may be the best for back country in the Wasatch.
    Last edited by new yabyum; 10-11-2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spelling