Page 94 of 98 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Yeah, this. "Carrot-laden plan" my ass. Still charging vehicles with 4+ people, and free bus rides have been a pass perk at every BCC/LCC resort forever. Unless I missed it or it was left out of the article that's the extent of their "incentives" which is a complete joke. Pure cash grab whose only goal is to sell season parking passes to passholders and bilk the tourists harder.
    This.
    There is no way that this will reduce traffic. People who want to park close will do so, whether it costs $5 or $20. I wonder whether the $ will be collected at the base of the canyon (the only way to curb traffic), or at the lot?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

So does this mean there's no longer any parking allowed at the village lot for Dawn patrols?

Great question. Seeing as they get so little money from touring folks, I see them sticking it to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    So does this mean there's no longer any parking allowed at the village lot for Dawn patrols?
    Correct. It says at the link below that parking is paid from 12:01am to 2:00pm

https://www.solitudemountain.com/dis...winter-parking

With adding 200 more spots (I didn't think they could add more spots without a huge deal from SOC and the FS) and getting more people to carpool, this means more crowded lift lines. What I liked about Solitude is the parking is fucked, but in a good way in that not everyone could go up and track it out. It couldn't get more crowded because of parking issues. Now there's a potential for it to be a pain-in-the-ass to get to, and park, and have more skiers in line?

Fucking sweet. I hope people get pissed and the opposite happens.

It was already worrisome how many people who were switching to Ikon this year from other passes in SLC, now this too?

outside of some fluffy language saying 'a portion of the proceeds will be donated' they are doing nothing to improve the traffic or transport in the long term, cash grab for sure. Everyone who pre-purchased in the spring had the last payments hit their credit card earlier in September, I wonder why they waited until after that to announce this? Legally speaking my guess is they are on solid ground - but ethically/morally this is a serious dick move

this fk'n sucks... ICON traffic has brought parking fees with it

The Canyon entrances have almost No Parking...

The employees use up most of it before skiers can even get there.

Fk'n Bus is full when it reaches the BCC bus stop before loading up.

Ski Utah ,OFFICIALLY SUCKS DICK NOW
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

$150 is not a bad deal compared to Canyons, DV PCMR and Snowbird.

The app is a good idea. Usually, going up BCC or LCC, I'm happy to pick up hitchers. I wonder whether it would be weird to ask them to pay for parking. Funny, everyone cares about congestion, pollution and parking on the street, but now we will hear louder complaints about requiring a fee to park.

I would not be happy dealing with the shit show at the bottom of BCC.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELLITDUDE.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	294378

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    $150 is not a bad deal compared to Canyons, DV PCMR and Snowbird.

The app is a good idea. Usually, going up BCC or LCC, I'm happy to pick up hitchers. I wonder whether it would be weird to ask them to pay for parking. Funny, everyone cares about congestion, pollution and parking on the street, but now we will hear louder complaints about requiring a fee to park.
    To my knowledge - no other resort in the Wasatch has zero free lot parking - if you are get up early you can park in a lot at any other resort. Congestion, pollution, and parking on the hwy are still issues; we now just have to deal with paid parking on-top of them as Solitude's approach solves nothing except improving their balance sheet.

True, but for them it is a business. Sucks, but it is their choice. You know that I have parking under the Sundial, but at The Can. you need to take the cabriolet, if you want free parking, at DV you need to take the shuttle to park for free, and if you don't pay at Snowbird, you are either walking far to the tram, or Gadzoom, or taking the shuttle. I wonder whether we can still park at the Cliff for tips?

I paid $329 for my parking pass at Snowbird this upcoming season. It was a voluntary payment and also ensures I have a parking spot if I get there before 1:00pm. Solitude basically wrangled $150 from each passholder so they don't have to pay the daily rate. Get up there late after paying for your pass and there's a good chance you won't get a spot. Seems like they figured out how to enlarge the bottom line without having to split it with the Ikon folks.

Oh well. Ill be damned if some greedy parking fee is going to keep me from skiing. Definitely changes the decision calculus for 20-21 season pass decision though.

I think its a move in the right direction and a long time coming. I would suspect most of the ski resorts in the area to follow suit or the best solution would be to charge entry to both cottonwood canyons.

The current parking and road solution is not sustainable. Obviously, UDOT and the Utah government has been too slow to move. The businesses must force a solution. All the ski areas along the wasatch front have packed parking lots every weekend and no one charges for parking, both of which contribute to the shitty traffic we all complain about. Given that most major ski resorts already charge for parking, I'm surpirsed its taken this long in Utah.

Does it complicate things for me? sure does. Does it potentially make skiing more expensive? it does. But hopefully more people will carpool and it will elevate some of the traffic issues.

The real looming shitshow is up in Park City when they break ground on the PCMR lots next summer.....

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ifin ya ask me hippy dippy karls community of wildlife seekers and wildflower sniffers outta pay to park at spruces Cardiff and pay to use the canyon
    period
    but that dipshits still trying to justify the 8 mil the mountain accord wasted as
    laying the groundwork for who knows what

fuckin hilarious to listen to the fogs sad puppy angry phone messages on the news
    and good to see baron still refuses to take his meds
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    oh and its certainly not going to stop me from not paying to park or ski at solitude
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    Should I pony up money for parking or just park on the road? .
    If they added 200 spots to get less people parking on the highway, doesn't that mean they are also closing the highway to parking? I'm thinking there is no option or severely restricted option to park on the highway for free this year.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    oh and its certainly not going to stop me from not paying to park or ski at solitude
    Word. I wonder where the kiosk will be? It seems that whoever parks in the far right corner of the lot to go for an early AM hike may escape the kiosk station.
    Also, I think pay after you park is a crazy idea. Lots of opportunity to stick it to the man, should you so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I think its a move in the right direction and a long time coming. I would suspect most of the ski resorts in the area to follow suit or the best solution would be to charge entry to both cottonwood canyons.

The current parking and road solution is not sustainable. Obviously, UDOT and the Utah government has been too slow to move. The businesses must force a solution. All the ski areas along the wasatch front have packed parking lots every weekend and no one charges for parking, both of which contribute to the shitty traffic we all complain about. Given that most major ski resorts already charge for parking, I'm surpirsed its taken this long in Utah.

Does it complicate things for me? sure does. Does it potentially make skiing more expensive? it does. But hopefully more people will carpool and it will elevate some of the traffic issues.

The real looming shitshow is up in Park City when they break ground on the PCMR lots next summer.....
    This.
    Dude, we gotta go touring. You break trail, I follow, and I bet we agree on which way to go.
    Watched these canyons get to be a shit show over 45 years.
    Do y'all forget the 2 hour shit show up AND down last year on any good day?
    Lived up the LCC for 30 some years but if I was a downtowner I'd be outta here!
    I hope all Cottonwood ski resorts follow suit.
    International airport.
    World class skiing.
    Third world delivery.
    How many people on their first trip here spending big bucks say fuck this place we're never coming back.
    The delivery was not worth the skiing. Those folks bring a lot of money into this state.
    Until we kill 50 people on a road in an avalanche UDOT won't change shit.
    In Europe we would've seen a spur rail line to the mouth of Little, a gongala up Little, over to Big, and on to PC.
    Why it's good that Alta didn't cede Grizzly.
    BCC and the LCC will be an island of snow sports in 25 years.
    This is the future commanded by global warming.
    So...suck it up. If UDOT doesn't lessen the traffic jams in the canyon, the ski areas must.

p.s. Alta signed up for the minimum years with IKON and probably won't resign.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

What I see is less cars but a count system and cops at bottom really slowing it down. Where is the gondola or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Which businesses will force a solution? The already crowded ski areas, or the hotels whose guests arrive by shuttle busses?

Teleskiwasatch is right... they will force a solution: it will involve more lifts and inbounds terrain, not whatever pipe dream SOC is attached to at the moment.

Having Solitude charge for parking is gonna fuck Brighton... Brighton's lot will fill even faster than last year and increase crowds on mountain.

Without a comprehensive transit plan, including a ton more parking near the mouth of the both CC canyons, this is just a cash grab, assholery move by Alterra.

On the bright side, I bet the crowds at Solitude will be reduced, especially late season. Who wants to pay for a quick morning ski mid week if you have to pay to park?

^ brighton. ain't. going. anywhere. son.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    What I see is less cars but a count system and cops at bottom really slowing it down. Where is the gondola or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Cops at the bottom of Canyon?? that would be a novel idea. UPD to me, "we don't have money in our budget to always check vehicles at the mouth of LCC.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    In Europe we would've seen a spur rail line to the mouth of Little, a gongala up Little, over to Big, and on to PC.
    Exactly. I live 5 blocks from a major transit hub and the only way to get to the mountain is an overcrowded bus that I'll likely have to stand on the entire way home. I dream of a gondola to somewhere with room for a massive parking lot, but that likely will never happen. Create a base area there with restaurants and bars- I'm talking in the valley away from the mouth, and a huge parking lot. Keep the road as is for commercial traffic, employees, and maybe an annual driving pass thats like $400 or steeper. Doesn't solve the summer issues though.