Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Not sure what's going on after tomorrow, but tomorrow is going to be a shitshow. They're desperately trying to move snow from the ramp down from the tram onto Regulator. Word is that skiing Mark Malu and beyond will require walking parts of the RTP. Huge amounts of novelty skiers are expected, probably more than the tram can convey to the top.
    Agreed. There were a few spots Sunday that looked like they wouldn't last including R2P and the last pitch below mark malu to little cloud. Should be a good time nonetheless.

They stopped doing tram bumps last summer after they put it in social media and subsequently causing a shitshow (what I was told anyway). Hopefully they'll quietly resume them this week or next so I can continue being a lazy skier.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Not sure what's going on after tomorrow, but tomorrow is going to be a shitshow. They're desperately trying to move snow from the ramp down from the tram onto Regulator. Word is that skiing Mark Malu and beyond will require walking parts of the RTP. Huge amounts of novelty skiers are expected, probably more than the tram can convey to the top.
    Dammit don't call me a novelty skier! You make a good point, but I still wanna ski and last weekend was fun. Maybe i'll just hike for my george washington freedom shred???

friday night conditions in county lane were smooth and rippin

Name:  IMG_20190628_210232.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  193.8 KB

Had to run to evanston on Sunday so figured I'd stop in the Uintas to ski. Light drizzle at the trailhead had me choose low hanging fruit instead of pushing for descents further from the road. I'm guessing this line is now melted out.

Name:  MVIMG_20190630_084851.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  202.7 KB

novelty skiers from last saturday at the bird

Name:  IMG_20190629_101924.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  168.6 KB

Suicide Chute was great yesterday.

Last day of the season for me but there is clearly still lots more out there.

Video:

Wasatch Mts, UT Backcountry Report: “Suicide Chute” Splashy Fun on July 2nd
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

Looks like he shit his pants too... Go to the hospital Jerry!

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    Does anyone have a definitive answer about Snowbird's uphill policy after tomorrow? Fair game to hike up to Pipeline this weekend or are they going to claim that there are still operations going on and it isn't allowed yet? Are tram bumps going to be allowed as well?
    Just got off the phone with T.
    Uphill hiking / skiing allowed after tomorrow. Said that's been the case for the last couple of weeks during the week.
    No tram bumps.
    Happy 4th y'all.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

^thanks man! Happy 4th to you too.

Bailed on the Bird after we saw the tram line to the top of Chickadee around 9 and went to hike for some turns at Alta. Should have got an earlier start but oh well.

Happy 4th y'all!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2412.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	287678

Still plenty of snow at Alta but I think its time to make some $$ and ride my bike.

Watched someone absolutely rip his way down Suicide around 1 PM today. There were people running up and down that think all day but dude/dudette made it look better than many would in the middle of the winter. Stopped short of hucking the lower rock crux though... If it was you, mad props, almost made me regret the fact that I was pulling on rock!

6:30 arrival time made things much easier. Got in, got out. SSP locked it down, Baldy access was severely limited.

Name:	520C7CFA-D41F-486E-A9E9-EED1175DF238.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	287738

Name:	C6B8F0BF-4807-4580-B145-E0C636F29C83.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	595.3 KB 
ID:	287739

Name:	AEF72733-1AFE-4D13-8F1E-854A85E00C5D.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	783.7 KB 
ID:	287740

Watching some crazy guy skiing an east facing chute halfway down the south ridge of Superior.
    Looks absolutely nuts!
    I think maybe they are trying to kill themselves.
    Folks like this give skiers a bad name...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Stonecrusher July 4th

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Name:	20190709-01.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	501.3 KB 
ID:	288086

I think that's a wrap on the season for me anyway. There's probably less than 300' of dirt-waking in total, the snow in the chute is nice, though the rest is pretty cupped. At least 4' of snowpack in the chute proper still, so it'll probably still "go" in early Aug...

Nice! Yeah I think I'm fully switched to bike/camp/water mode now. Planning on getting some turns in August for sure though!

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    Stonecrusher July 4th

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Great photos (especially for a gray beard). His run on Stonecrusher reminds me of a run I did on Gunsight in 2011 a month and a half later in the summer (when I was also a gray beard at age 66).
    https://lhitchner.smugmug.com/Videos...os/i-qXRvBbF/A.
    Yes, the title "All.I.Could" and the production company Schleppers Cinema are plays of words of the title "All.I.Can" by Sherpas Cinema,

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 12.27.11 PM.png
Views: 1556
Size:  141.7 KB

with the famous street skiing scene of JP Auclair (RIP), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-VCWUtNm-4, which, of course, I did not try to incorporate into my video (nor could I even if I tried).

Main chute still goes, but don't think it will last much longer with these temps.

Watched a guy drop in after us tomahawk for 50'+ into the rocks on the side almost at the bottom. He got incredibly lucky and escaped with just a few big cuts.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190721_100357.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	289040

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Gunsight is still serving 2000 feet of skiing..... but you will need to ski it four times to get that vert

Name:  IMG_20190723_181326.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  219.8 KB

Found - Pit Viper Sunglasses

Found on the ridge just above the Guardsman Pass Winter Closure Gate. Looks like they melted out of last winter's snowpack. Still in perfect shape. PM me if you think they are yours.
    Gravity Junkie

saw legit progress at woodward taking the 10 yr old to uop. sounds like sometime this season. also, uop is investing 11M. guess that's why winter training prices have gone up over 100%

Name:	woodward.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	244.9 KB 
ID:	289337

*^^^^

That and Vail doesn’t want racers on the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    *^^^^

That and Vail doesn’t want racers on the hill.
    Wait, Vail doesn't want the PC ski race and freestyle programs to train on their mountains? That may be a first in the ski industry......

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    also, uop is investing 11M. guess that's why winter training prices have gone up over 100%
    Dang, a world-class mogul field with night skiing right near SLC? That is awesome for kids and even World-Cuppers. And a new Woodward Camp around the corner from it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Wait, Vail doesn't want the PC ski race and freestyle programs to train on their mountains? That may be a first in the ski industry......
    That’s the word I hear from friends in the know at PCMR. Apparently doesn’t generate the revenue of a tourist from Texas so fuck em.

Vail is going to try and spin training at UOP and at Snowbasin as “better” than at PC.

Snowbird has had to limit the numbers for their race program for the first time....families are jumping ship I figure.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    That’s the word I hear from friends in the know at PCMR. Apparently doesn’t generate the revenue of a tourist from Texas so fuck em.

Vail is going to try and spin training at UOP and at Snowbasin as “better” than at PC.

Snowbird has had to limit the numbers for their race program for the first time....families are jumping ship I figure.
    That really sucks. Most ski resorts boast about their race programs, especially when those programs produce as many Olympians that have come out of the PC ski teams. Look at steamboat, they claim any Olympian as a local who ever set foot in that town haha

Another reason to hate Vail I suppose.

Hi ... I posted this question on the general forum as well, but then realized maybe this is the better spot to ask?

--------

Wondering if anyone could share some names of good instructors in the Cottonwoods? I'm flexible to any of the four, or Deer Valley.

I started later in life (40s) and have grown to an intermediate skier. I'm looking to continue to improve so I can get comfortable on blacks, and also need ongoing help in the powder (since I'm midwest and we really don't get to ski powder).

I've worked with a couple out of Alta, and both were great, but neither would video me, even though I would ask. And so often in certain situations, I had a tough time comprehending what they were talking about when they critiqued me. I work with a coach here in the midwest and he videos everything and it's amazingly helpful.

So I would love an instructor who is of course good, wants to work with someone trying to grow beyond intermediate, and ideally would be willing to actually video me as well so I can see what they're talking about when I'm not understanding something.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Noobski View Post
    Hi ... I posted this question on the general forum as well, but then realized maybe this is the better spot to ask?

--------

Wondering if anyone could share some names of good instructors in the Cottonwoods? I'm flexible to any of the four, or Deer Valley.

I started later in life (40s) and have grown to an intermediate skier. I'm looking to continue to improve so I can get comfortable on blacks, and also need ongoing help in the powder (since I'm midwest and we really don't get to ski powder).

I've worked with a couple out of Alta, and both were great, but neither would video me, even though I would ask. And so often in certain situations, I had a tough time comprehending what they were talking about when they critiqued me. I work with a coach here in the midwest and he videos everything and it's amazingly helpful.

So I would love an instructor who is of course good, wants to work with someone trying to grow beyond intermediate, and ideally would be willing to actually video me as well so I can see what they're talking about when I'm not understanding something.

Thanks in advance for any ideas
    PM Rontele. He used to teach at Snowbird and is the authority on private instructors in the Wasatch.