Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    I didn't know where to post this exactly, but it is relevant for posters here I'd imagine: https://fox13now.com/2018/11/20/west...rijuana-sales/

Soon-to-be closest pot shop to SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I didn't know where to post this exactly, but it is relevant for posters here I'd imagine: https://fox13now.com/2018/11/20/west...rijuana-sales/

Soon-to-be closest pot shop to SLC.
    wonder if UHP will set up a permanent checkpoint on eastbound I80 or if they'll be cool about it, man...

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    wonder if UHP will set up a permanent checkpoint on eastbound I80 or if they'll be cool about it, man...
    Haha based on the old firework stings of the past, I’d steer clear for a while. I think you’d probably want to return via dirt roads. I’m pretty sure there’s easy access via old pony express routes. A dual sport bike would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Haha based on the old firework stings of the past, I’d steer clear for a while. I think you’d probably want to return via dirt roads. I’m pretty sure there’s easy access via old pony express routes. A dual sport bike would be helpful.
    The old pony express routes take a long ass time, I've done that before. But it's probably pretty fun on a dual sport.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Why do you think that? That's almost conspiracy-level theory, but I'm sure it's been thought over at some point, maybe many times.

I thought I read somewhere it would be hard/impossible due to no water or maybe septic?
    Living in Utah for 62 years will do that to you.

Just read that Alta is going to have car pool (3+) parking in the Wildcat lot this season. Have three or more in the vehicle you get to park closer than vehicles with one or two passengers. They did this two years ago on a few select weekends on a "study" basis. What I noticed and it was confirmed by the parking lot attendants (they were shaking their heads) was that about 80% of the vehicles with 3+ were rental cars so tourists. Not sure this is going to make any difference other than i could see folks stopping at the park and rides picking up skiers taking them off the buses, that's a zero sum game.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Just read that Alta is going to have car pool (3+) parking in the Wildcat lot this season. Have three or more in the vehicle you get to park closer than vehicles with one or two passengers. They did this two years ago on a few select weekends on a "study" basis. What I noticed and it was confirmed by the parking lot attendants (they were shaking their heads) was that about 80% of the vehicles with 3+ were rental cars so tourists. Not sure this is going to make any difference other than i could see folks stopping at the park and rides picking up skiers taking them off the buses, that's a zero sum game.
    Shit the lot’s not that big where I’d worry too much about getting closer.
    On second thought, do kids count? I could see the benefit of getting closer w them in tow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    If ya take people off the buses, the buses don't feel so crowded, and perhaps more people are willing to take the bus?

I like the idea, regardless. Maybe we could eventually have Wildcat lot be the carpool lot and solo drivers relegated to parking at Albion only.

Shit is about to get real around these parts.

http://www.opensnow.com/dailysnow/utah

Turkey Day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	469.1 KB 
ID:	256873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4528.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	744.6 KB 
ID:	256874

Turkey day was fun. Shooting cracks and settling were the name of the game on all slopes over 30deg. Check your slope, it's early and the cheese grater would not be fun.

Side note: Tutorial on image alignment would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowtimer14 View Post

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	469.1 KB 
ID:	256873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4528.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	744.6 KB 
ID:	256874

Side note: Tutorial on image alignment would be much appreciated!
    I think when I use my Samsung in landscape (side ways) as opposed to portrait (vertical) the photos post sideways at times. I have no idea why.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Radar shows you got the flow. Have a great weekend mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Radar shows you got the flow. Have a great weekend mags.
    Up at Brighton now. Wouldn't recommend coming up. Prolly not worth it. Storm was a dud. You'd be better off going to the mall for second hand Black Friday deals.

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    Up at Brighton now. Wouldn't recommend coming up. Prolly not worth it. Storm was a dud. You'd be better off going to the mall for second hand Black Friday deals.
    I’m in the other canyon and agree. Gonna be a bad day for sue.

There’s about 10” on the car this morning in bcc.

Touchy out there this morning where there was old snow...remote triggers, etc.
    All elevations.
    Ugly rides this time of year if you take one...
    Watch your topknot!
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

This storm really underperfomed. Probably not worth going up tomorrow to get tram opener. Yall just stay home
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Good to ski you bobmc and tb
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

nice to see the bc open. graupel at 9500’ w facing bcc around noonish. good skiing.

stoked.

Killer day. It’s officially winter in the Wasatch again. Surprisingly not very busy at all today at Alta.

What a fantastic day. First day ever on real powder skis. I felt like a god. Probably was one of the funnest ski days I have ever had (2nd season out west so give me a break). Nice to get some good base snow to cover rocks/roots.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    This storm really underperfomed. Probably not worth going up tomorrow to get tram opener. Yall just stay home
    I think that while yes the storm did under perform (really!) it was good skiing today by all accounts… Except for the high exposed windblasted areas, which i did not travel to today. Damn that wind!

Game on!!

Name:	IMG_1962.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	257052

Heh

Pretty close to the the biggest bunch of morons I've seen on opening day. After skiing we took a drive up to Alta to see how things were going. Attempted to help some dude who'd went off the bypass, upon seeing the state of his tires we left him to his phone and a tow truck.

I was happy to have spent the cash for snows.

Lotsa people skiing fast and taking chances. Plenty thin. Sounds like some bigger hairline triggers overnight getting slightly more dormant into the day.

Watch for dragons, sharks, and beaters.