Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any Silver Mountain/Kellogg, ID mags?

Do you enjoy living/skiing there?

Don’t live there. I’ve skied there before. It’s tiny and the lifts break all the time. It’s also on a giant super fund site. Heavy metals plague the water ways over there.

^Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Don’t live there. I’ve skied there before. It’s tiny and the lifts break all the time. It’s also on a giant super fund site. Heavy metals plague the water ways over there.
    But they have a water park!

Any Silver Mountain/Kellogg, ID mags?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    But they have a water park!
    That’s open to the public. Have you seen the public there?
    It’s where the “tooth”brush was invented.

^so the area needs some dentists, eh?

Kellogg is a car dealership. I thought Silver was kinda cool though. I mean, aside from the fact that it's Idaho.

I wish more mountains had gondolas in lieu of access roads.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn;5457261I
    wish more mountains had gondolas in lieu of access roads.
    Will they let you bring your quiver with you to the top?

Probably. It's like a 20 minute ride.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I read this and thought, how much worse can it be then anyplace in the San Juans so I googled it and checked out the Wiki page. the history and environmental segments were really interesting but check out the cool wild west story about the labor uprising efforts.

It does sound like from everything online that that place is indeed fucked with toxins. Like don't drink the water or take many showers there sort of fucked.

That's too bad. that gondola to ski area set up looks dope for mountain biking.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Never been but if you go they wrote a song about it:

The Sheriff is near!

It's next to a town called Smelterville. If that's what you're after, why not just move to Pennsylvania?

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I read this and thought, how much worse can it be then anyplace in the San Juans so I googled it and checked out the Wiki page. the history and environmental segments were really interesting but check out the cool wild west story about the labor uprising efforts.

It does sound like from everything online that that place is indeed fucked with toxins. Like don't drink the water or take many showers there sort of fucked.

That's too bad. that gondola to ski area set up looks dope for mountain biking.
    It's terrible. Other than to buy a new rig, I don't know why anyone would go there.

So I was throwing a line out there to see if anyone would bite and tell us how rad the mountain bike riding is off the gondola. I'm kind of pumped to check it out but I'll probably limit my stay to around three days and take quick showers.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

^The place looks pretty cool online....mtb, night skiing, wave at waterpark, gondy from town, relatively cheap. Thanks for replies. The search continues...

No fucking way I'd live near all those mine tailings. Northern ID cultural vibe kinda creeps me out.

The gondola ride is fun and skiing down to town at the end of the day is fun IF there's sufficient snow to do so.

On the whole, I'd rather ski Lookout Pass if I'm in the area.

So what you're saying Steve is you don't like being around tweaked out meth heads looking for shit to steal so they can pawn it off for the cash to afford their next fix.

Well, yeah, that's part of it

please don’t live there

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Will they let you bring your quiver with you to the top?
    I take up 2 pair all the time.
    To funny 2F & KR both ride there, reason enough to find somewhere more popular and ultra rad.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    So I was throwing a line out there to see if anyone would bite and tell us how rad the mountain bike riding is off the gondola. I'm kind of pumped to check it out but I'll probably limit my stay to around three days and take quick showers.
    The biking is great. It's a pretty long descent from the gondy to the bottom, the trails are fun, and they've been adding more every year. For the most part it's not super techy, but the trails are still mostly well built.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    So what you're saying Steve is you don't like being around tweaked out meth heads looking for shit to steal so they can pawn it off for the cash to afford their next fix.
    I don't know. The whole post apocalyptic, zombie vibe you find in those meth havens has it's own sort of charm if you're open minded enough.

No? Maybe not so much but I swear the strip club in Springfield Oregon back in the late 90's sure was fun.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    The biking is great. It's a pretty long descent from the gondy to the bottom, the trails are fun, and they've been adding more every year. For the most part it's not super techy, but the trails are still mostly well built.
    Sweet. Thanks Toast. I'll check it out at some point. For now it's operation get done with nursing school which I'm finding motivation for with daydreams and internet searches on future travels I can do once I'm no longer completely broke.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Mountain bike ride is a long one. Pretty cool. I prefer it over lookout pass. I’m not a fan of gondola because I have too much stuff and I hate to wait in line at the end of the day to spend 30+ mins downloading...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hit Silver for the first time yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. One minute off the interstate. Not a lot of long runs but plenty with some decent pitch to it. They get a ton of snow. The parking lot to gondola is easy. Even easier to walk onto the Gondola at the end of the day. Never waited more than 1 minute for a lift. Really good burger at reasonable prices in the restaurant. Either I hit it on a particularly good day or my expectations were reasonably low, but I thought it was a good experience. I also had deeply discounted tickets so that helped with the mountain over-delivering on expectations.