Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any Silver Mountain/Kellogg, ID mags?

Silver sucks, Schweitzer is where it’s at.
    If only there was a thread that already talked about the area as a whole. Alas....

I lived there 7 years, built a house and figured I'd retire there. However, I tend to drink the koolaid of places I live, so while I was there I told everyone it was the best place ever. Looking back, it was a bit rough around the edges, but I met some of my closest, life-long friends while there. Most of us left other over-crowded blown-out ski resorts to live in a quite area where you can afford a house and be at the ground floor of a resort trying to transition to a desirable destination. Skiing is really good (Lookout is also fun), DH is solid. I never saw a klan rally or swastika and think that stuff is overblown.

When I first moved there I was biking along the rail trail and decided to take a dip in a nice little swimming hole in the creek that runs through town. A couple locals stopped and told me I'd prolly need to decontaminate asap. My skin was itchy for a week, but that could be psychosomatic. Although never saw anyone swimming in that water. But what western ski town didn't start out with mining (other than the one I'm currently living in)?

Also, when I told my boss I was leaving CA to move to Kellogg, ID he said "you know that's a superfund site, right?" I said "I'm sure it a really super fun place, they have skiing, biking, rivers.." No, superFUND, not superFUN says he.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Silver sucks, Schweitzer is where it’s at.
    If only there was a thread that already talked about the area as a whole. Alas....
    But it was just a day trip from Montana. Schweitzer is too far. We paid $117 total for 2 adults and 4 youth tickets. 4.5 hours total in the car. Schweitzer is too far for that. We were just mixing it up for a day and Silver was within driving distance. With that said, I want to hit Schweitzer some time. Good reports for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnoe View Post
    But it was just a day trip from Montana. Schweitzer is too far. We paid $117 total for 2 adults and 4 youth tickets. 4.5 hours total in the car. Schweitzer is too far for that. We were just mixing it up for a day and Silver was within driving distance. With that said, I want to hit Schweitzer some time. Good reports for sure.
    That’s a solid deal. I ski silver mainly but I hear from a few local guys esp mooseknuckles, Schweitzer is THE place to be...

Magnoe we all greatly appreciate your glowing review of Silver. No crowds, no fog, no wind, and that breathtaking gondola ride from town to village is very reminiscent of Telluride. I encourage you to keep scoring those deals at Silver as the only thing you will find at Schweitzer is fog, wind, crowds and winding road from town to village with no waterpark.

Like a moth to the flame.....

I also had deeply discounted tickets so that helped with the mountain over-delivering on expectations.
    Where/how did you purchase said tickets?
    Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Asking for a friend...
    I was just going to let you know about this..
    That’s an amazing deal for a 4 pack

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Do you enjoy living/skiing there?

Don’t listen to all these neigh-sayers! Living there is great! It is one of the last places like it anywhere in the world. The tweaker hide in the hills, and natives mind their own business so all that bad stuff shouldn’t be a concern for anyone. I moved there from Coeur d’Alene, which seems to be some sort of fucked up joke now cause everyone wants to live there, and can’t wait to be back after I’m done with school. The bike and ski scenes are small, but it’s really starting to become something special. The riding is unreal! More and more fun people are moving in every year which is making it even better. It isn’t going to be this way forever tho, I say get in while you can.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Like a moth to the flame.....
    Thank you for inviting me to the thread. Without you mentioning me, I would have never contributed so much value.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Asking for a friend...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6108.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	270524

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Thank you for inviting me to the thread. Without you mentioning me, I would have never contributed so much value.
    Wouldn’t be the same without ya, homie.

A friend of mine is part of a home school association that negotiated the tickets as a group. So, yeah, killer deal for our family of 6 to ski for $117. I don't think they are doing any more holiday specials but they might still do some Friday events.

SUPERFUND SUPERFUN!

nice marketing hook,
    especially if you aren't read-good ....

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Spring pass to Schweitzer runs around 100.00 from March to close and that should make a weekend trip trip or spring break.
    Sadly the word is out about Silver.

That's a good deal if used a few times. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The bike park at Silver is rad and 99% of storms track over silver missing Schweitzer. It is actually a small town, not a small city, which it seems most people mean when they say small town.
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Training carts are for jongs. I remember back when this forum had legit bull-fighters and not a bunch of posers.

Personally I liked Kellogg a lot more than Cd'A. Most grown men in Cd'A still wear their hats backwards and sport prison pussies.

If you live in the country it nice in northern Idaho. Neither Kellogg nor Wallace are particularly attractive as small towns. But the outdoor rec is great. The skiing off the BC south side of Silver is great as well. It’s not Colorado but you won’t have to fight with a million bearded yuppies for campsites or in lift lines either. Schweitzer is great is you like mediocre terrain, high (for what you get) prices, and longer waits. The small private resorts like Lookout, 49, Red Mtn and Whitewater are where it’s at. Between deal days, free days, spring passes, and the like you could probably ski wherever the snow it good (since the Inland NW has 7 resorts within 2.5 hours of Spokane) for under $500 a season and get 20+ days in, or more depending on other discounts.