ON3P
    Feathered Friends
    Mountain Laurel Designs
    Cilogear

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Mountain Laurel Designs
    good one

Tarptent

Alpine Threadworks. My sellkirk pack is the one piece of gear I never think about upgrading. Probably the best piece of gear I own - stunningly thoughtful, simple design and absolutely bomber

x3 on Mountain Laurel Designs. Their pyramid tent is my go-to winter camping tent and surprisingly good for backpacking

Also I have a sherpa adventure gear puffy that I bought for $5 8 years ago. Excellent piece. Survived being in my touring pack for 5 years now...

praxis
    moment

Lithic Skis. Good dudes, my office neighbors, good skiers, good product.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    good one

Tarptent
    Tarptent rules

Prior Skis.
    I still believe the Prior Overlord ski, throughout its years of design tweaks, stayed a couple years ahead of the rest of the ski world for a "playful charger" design. That gap has been narrowed by now. Strangely, I always thought the Prior CBC ski was a couple years BEHIND the rest of the ski world for 120mm-waist playful rocker-tail design, but maybe that gap is also shrinking by now (Blister seems to like the recent release of the CBC). One thing that stands out to me about their biggest playful charger ski (Prior A-Star) is how easy it is to control for setting up your next cliff takeoff. While charging into the next takeoff, just quickly feather in 1 or 2 more last-second trajectory tweaks or micro-scrubs, then instantly return to charging mode (as if you never left it) right before takeoff.

ON3P.
    I always root for their continued success. Huge props for looking for ways to keep producing more not-so-high-demand long skis (e.g. limited release pre-orders, etc.), and willingness to consider a metal construction, etc.

DPS & Praxis
    Props for building R/R skis. I think these are the only 2 companies I ever helped to "kickstart" via initial pre-orders. (At the time, I was hoping to help prevent the extinction of R/R skis.)

Igneous.
    Long wood & metal. I've never had the pleasure, but I still REALLY REALLY want to try some FFF's someday.

Birdos.
    I always wanted to try their skis, but I've never even seen a pair.

Last edited by Vitamin I; 10-05-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    - TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

even if i probably am causing Scott to drink excessively at times, i really, really like ON3P. They make killer skis, their cs is great and they are super helpful in enabling me in having parties on my skis every time i go skiing.

the next smaller brand i will try is Praxis for sure. That seems like a 100% quality operation. I should have bought some EXPs from them this summer, but stupidly didn't - and no i cannot justify the extra cash since i have already overspent on skiing equipment for this season.

so yeah, it looks like TGR has influenced me a bit.

Can a small brand start up in arlberg 1924, be responsible for about 135 Olympic and World Cup medals and revered by people like Pirmin Zurbriggun then completely disappear in the late '80s, only to dominate again starting around 2010? If so, KÄSTLE is my favorite
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Didn't we do this thread already?

ON3P
    Praxis
    Freeride Systems (I was a late adopter, but holy shit this jacket is nice)

^^^ big reason for these three is that I can talk/meet/ski with the actual peps. Also 'merika fuck yeah!

Flylow (are they still small?)
    Same with 4FRNT

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    PMGear - Why? B/c love the skis or not, Pat is an awesome dude. And he cared enough about his skis to see if another company will make them....and followed through to get it done. So even if they don't technically exist anymore, I'm voting them in.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I've owned several bro/lhasas, and Pat is a hellava guy.

Trew was rad about warranting gear. And makes good shit -- esp since you can't get pants from

Freeride Systems. Always has tons of good info, no bullshit. Overbuilt. Not for weight weenies or Euro dorks. Great service.

My Praxis & Moment skis have withstood a lot of abuse. And the lift lines love them.

I don't know why you'd buy gloves other than Free The Powder unless you've got a hookup up somewhere for cheap or are going on an arctic expedition/ice climbing/climbing 6000m+ peaks.

Brooks Range often has solid, no frills gear for cheap.

Mons Royale

Cilogear - bomber packs & great CS.

Tarptent - bomber shelters & fantastic CS.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Skevik. Just feels right when I ski em.
    Second vote for Skevik. Have had 3 pairs and they feel like they're custom just for me, and the CAD-USD difference certainly helps.

I'll give a shout to Liberty. When they were first starting out, maybe the 2004/2005 season, they had an ad in Freeskier that if you tore it out and mailed it to them they sent you a bunch of stickers and a trucker cap. The next season they sent everyone on that mailing list a 50% off coupon for their new line. Pretty sweet deal when you're a broke college freshman.

My favorite skis at present for all around are COREupt Lunatics. I heard they put out some total crap right before they went under but I really like the pair I grabbed super cheap..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Another vote for skevik. Grew up with the boys since elementary school.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Down skis
    Voile

haven't skied em but the guys at Kitten Factory seem pretty cool, might demo a pair this year if I get time

edit: Pit Vipers?

Bridger Bowl.

I honestly can't think of a small brand that makes things I give a shit about, I have zero brand loyalty and prefer whatever is on sale.

Want small - how about micro? James Fisher of paranormalskis.ca

He is insane about providing a quality product and he even let me help build my own dream skis - the Huski.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4943.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	378.5 KB 
ID:	250245

From sticks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4628.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	428.8 KB 
ID:	250246

From bottoms