Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Truck Bed Mat??

searched, nothing came up.

need to keep the dogs from sliding around, dog beds not big enough so still slide. had the rubber mats in past but seem to curl up over time, sun, heat, etc.

anyone have the weathertech?

bedrug?

Look up DeeZee on Amazon. They sell rubber mats that are cut to fit specific truck beds.

Best Truck Bed Mat??

Get a rubber horse stall mat. Dirt cheap and fit great. Something like this from a local ranch supply store or the like near you: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gre...ack-humane.php

I use 3 in the winter to weigh down my truck bed for traction. .75” thick ones weigh about 100 lbs each.

Rubber cushions the skis from the abrasive bed liner I have too

Might be a little bit smelly (rubber) for a while. Safe for horses though, should be safe for dogs
    Last edited by Muggydude; 10-11-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Bed rug is great for dogs. They say it is good without a topper, but I can’t see it working well uncovered. Mine has been under a cap since day one. Great fit.

You need to elevate them or you won't have a bed much longer. This is without a topper. Other than that, just cut some industrial rubber roll.

Bed rug came with a pickup I bought. Thought I’d hate it but really like it. Especially for our dogs and sleeping in the back. I do have a trailer if I have to haul dirt or gravel.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    searched, nothing came up.

need to keep the dogs from sliding around, dog beds not big enough so still slide. had the rubber mats in past but seem to curl up over time, sun, heat, etc.

anyone have the weathertech?

bedrug?
    We’ve had our bed rug for five years and it has been great. Gravel, wood chips, lumber, skis. Would definitely buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have a Husky liner for the back of my Sequoia, and it works great and the dog seems ok with it.

For my truck, I had a heavy rubber mat that was sized specifically for my truck, and it was awesome. Curl up? Not a chance with this thing. I don't remember who made it, but I do remember that it was MakersTelemark who turned me on to the thing in the first place, so maybe he knows?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Jesus, that was almost 20 years ago. I can't remember. Had one in my Tacoma when I moved to Colorado.

fuck, it was a long time ago. 2001 probably.

googling shows things like DeeZee truck bed mats, that look similar.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Another vote for stall mat. They're made from ground up tires. Almost indestructible. Regular mats are 3/4" but I have a 4' x 8' x 1/2" mat specifically for truck beds. They're also used under truck campers. Check your local farm supply store.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

3/4” stall mat cut to bed length.

Interlocking floor mat pieces, you can buy them in Lowe's for super cheap. Foam or hard rubber that fit together like puzzle pieces. Size them to fit your bed, I did my 2000 Tundra and didn't even need to cut them. Pretty damn durable, camped and hauled dogs with them for years. If you get a cut or a section gets worn out, just pop in another one.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Stall mats are the winner here. Cheap ($40 last I bought some) and they won't wear out.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    My vote is for stall mats also.

TSC sells these: http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pro...t?cm_vc=-10005. The underside has a coin pattern, 50-cent-piece sized. I can't see these ever curling up or deforming, $42 and made in Canada.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Get a rubber horse stall mat. Dirt cheap and fit great. Something like this from a local ranch supply store or the like near you: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gre...ack-humane.php

I use 3 in the winter to weigh down my truck bed for traction. .75” thick ones weigh about 100 lbs each.

Rubber cushions the skis from the abrasive bed liner I have too

Might be a little bit smelly (rubber) for a while. Safe for horses though, should be safe for dogs
    ^^^^ THIS ^^^^
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

We got this 4'x8' x 5/8" mat at Princess Auto
    https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...at/A-p8350175e

seemed to be cheaper than the one we had got for the truck for putting in a camper
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Dogs in the back without a topper?
    bumps are for poor people

Bob the carpenter who also used to own the hill always said to use a 4x8 sheet of plywood as a box liner

that way if you need a sheet of plywood

you got one
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    We got this 4'x8' x 5/8" mat at Princess Auto
    https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...at/A-p8350175e

seemed to be cheaper than the one we had got for the truck for putting in a camper
    That's a stall mat that you can pick up for $40ish dollars at any farm store.

Whoops, just saw that you are in BC so never mind.....

good feedback all, thankyou. wife and i checked out the stall mats at Murdochs, vetoed.

ended up ordering a bedrug, will post up how it works out after some time.

Quote Originally Posted by westoxified View Post
    Dogs in the back without a topper?
    topper, i love my dogs.

good feedback all, thankyou. wife and i checked out the stall mats at Murdochs, vetoed.
    I'm curious as to why?

^^^ texture of the bedrug, little give and thought any additional bed on top would be more stationary. We'll see, big test will be the roadtrip to hell. Thanksgiving in Kansas.

^^^ texture of the bedrug, little give and thought any additional bed on top would be more stationary. We'll see, big test will be the roadtrip to hell. Thanksgiving in Kansas.
    Good luck and hope the trip goes well. My mutt has the whole back of the truck cab to herself, ha.

^^. Heh, main reason for the truck was for wet muddy dogs. They can find a water hole in the Sahara

May arrived, installed and around town driving worked great. Dogs had no slipping in sliding and bed stayed in place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FE3B9DE-88C2-4D75-A171-0014599FA65E.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	788.6 KB 
ID:	253290

Looks great and can remove (velcro) to wash bed or the mat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3710A397-C336-40E9-8741-732C13524DE8.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	875.9 KB 
ID:	253291