Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mod censorship is not the answer

ignoring his palaver is the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    So his wife's name is Debbie Palmer ???
    I thought it was Palmela Handerson.

Handgelina Jolie

my asshole neighbor has been shooting them
    Your neighbor is an ignorant asshole. Beavers are needed in the ecosystem. I had our local Fish and Game guy who rescues them give somebody a call and visit about this. If they have to, they will capture and relocate for ignorant assholes.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^ ^ ^ +1

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Your neighbor is an ignorant asshole. Beavers are needed in the ecosystem. I had our local Fish and Game guy who rescues them give somebody a call and visit about this. If they have to, they will capture and relocate for ignorant assholes.
    KQ, I believe my brother is kinda near you and used to capture beavers, etc. I'm not sure he's still set up or able, but PM me if you need to go down this road.

RE: ignore function, is there a way to customize what is visible on an ignored post? It's usually larger and more distracting than simply skimming past an undesired poster.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    There are a atleast 7 threads about DSM... he has permeated the fabric that is TGR.

the resident trolls are going to need some fresh tactics of they truly want to derail his influence.
    The zone is no longer controlled
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    . Now if you want to talk gophers those I've got by the handful.
    I prefer to have beavers by the handful, myself...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

binders full of beavers!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is it okay to reply to threads about him?
    This is the only dsm-related thread I am going to reply to, if only to agree with MarshallT. Sad that it was even necessary for him to even have to post in the first place, but this place is slipping.

I think it would be fine, great actually (bring back Jong Slaughter), if people flame the living fuck out of him, I’m just surprised that people post serious or genial responses.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im just posting in this important thread
    to point out this is a deepsouthmafia thread
    that he didnt start
    and this is a post not a reply
    carry on
    i shouda read page 1 cause my ever astute iceybro pointed this out
    you all healed
    gettin ready for pow pow potential?
    how my icey fur friends betties and icegrom
    is it real world job time yet?
    or goin phd?
    or skibum this season?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Down with deepsouthmouthia and SAVE THE BEAVERS!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I just Googled "beaver hunting" and I saw some things that I probably should not be looking at at work.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I just Googled "beaver hunting" and I saw some things that I probably should not be looking at at work.
    Did it give you flashbacks to the seventies/eighties?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Beavers are making a comeback.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

There has to be a statute of limitations. I’ve responded to a couple threads I had no idea he started. If you are on the second page of a thread, do you really have to go back to the start to find out who the OP was before deciding whether to respond or not? Yeah, if you are among the first few to respond, that’s one thing, but 20 posters in, something else.

And, this whole “don’t talk to him” thing is so middle-school.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    There has to be a statute of limitations. I’ve responded to a couple threads I had no idea he started. If you are on the second page of a thread, do you really have to go back to the start to find out who the OP was before deciding whether to respond or not? Yeah, if you are among the first few to respond, that’s one thing, but 20 posters in, something else.

And, this whole “don’t talk to him” thing is so middle-school.
    Posting seemingly innocent threads about mundane things really gets under peoples skin around here.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Not really a pumpkin spice kinda gal but I do like some molasses cookies and this being Fall I've been thinking it might be time for some.
    KQ, Do you have recipe for a soft molasses cookie? The only ones I find are sort of hard. High Rise (aka High Price) bakery in Cambridge MA made a great molasses cookie, but I haven't been able to replicate it. I've been thinking about molasses cookies too. I have a great apple cookie recipe that I've been thinking of making, but try it with pears instead. My neighbor has been bringing me lots of pears from their place up near Salmon.

This place has gone ghey

Used to be never a mod ever. The community did their own beat downs. And it was entertaining. Peeps made alias users just for beat downs.

And it was in the ski chatter forum.
    Not some crap padded room.

Anything goes in TPR
    Except politics.
    The snowflakes cried and so that got moved to polyass
    . . .

2bjenny's request for a cookie recipe put Core over the edge?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    This place has gone ghey

Used to be never a mod ever. The community did their own beat downs. And it was entertaining. Peeps made alias users just for beat downs.

And it was in the ski chatter forum.
    Not some crap padded room.

Anything goes in TPR
    Except politics.
    The snowflakes cried and so that got moved to polyass
    #sadversespoliasswhipeshitholematters
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Hi Marshall Tucker! I would like to point out that this poster "DeepSouthMafia" is in all likelyhood an alias and is trolling to get a "rise" out of the community. We know well at alpinezone.com that vigilant moderation is a necessary evil in an on-line community such as this, as sometimes threads do get out of control, cross the "imaginary line" and must be terminated, and members need to be occasionally chastised and disciplined as well. Quite simply, there needs to be moderators to step up and take action from time to time. While I am here,I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , Pugskiazoids, NewSchoolers, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS and/or "trolling" is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi Marshall Tucker! I would like to point out that this poster "DeepSouthMafia" is in all likelyhood an alias and is trolling to get a "rise" out of the community. We know well at alpinezone.com that vigilant moderation is a necessary evil in an on-line community such as this, as sometimes threads do get out of control, cross the "imaginary line" and must be terminated, and members need to be occasionally chastised and disciplined as well. Quite simply, there needs to be moderators to step up and take action from time to time. While I am here,I would like to take this opportunity to formally invite you (as well as all TGR Maggots , Pugskiazoids, NewSchoolers, jongs and lurkers alike) to come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados at http://forums.alpinezone.com/. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 502g superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS and/or "trolling" is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and yearn for a snowriding forum that matches your maturity level, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    I am just going to save this, for no other reason than Greg likes to delete posts.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

LOL@ all the Beaver posts. You guys rock! Pretty sure it's illegal for my neighbor to be shooting them but I'm staying out of this one for now.

Jenny and anyone else interested - these cookies are the bomb! For the glaze I suggest backing off on the rum a bit (I think I halve the recipe) as it can get overpowering. I usually drizzle the glaze in a "Z" pattern with a spoon.

MOLASSES SPICE COOKIES WITH DARK RUM GLAZE
    Makes about 22 cookies.

WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
    Our ideal molasses cookie recipe would produce a charmingly crackled and crinkled cookie with an uncommonly moist, chewy interior and a spicy flavor with undertones of dark, bittersweet molasses. To make this molasses cookie recipe a reality, we started with all-purpose flour and used butter rather than shortening for full, rich flavor. The precise right amounts of molasses, brown sugar, vanilla, and spices gave us the flavor we wanted. Taking the cookies out of the oven when they looked underdone gave our molasses cookies the chewiness we required.

Measure the molasses in a liquid measuring cup. If you find that the dough sticks to your palms as you shape the balls, moisten your hands occasionally in a bowl filled with cold water and shake off the excess. Bake the cookies one sheet at a time. If baked two sheets at a time, the cookies started on the bottom rack won’t develop the attractive cracks. The cookies should look slightly raw and underbaked when removed from the oven. If you plan to glaze the cookies (see recipe below), save the parchment paper used to bake them.

INGREDIENTS
    • 1/3cup granulated sugar (about 2 1/2 ounces), plus 1/2 cup for dipping
    • 2 1/4cups unbleached all-purpose flour (11 1/4 ounces)
    • 1teaspoon baking soda
    • 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon
    • 1 1/2teaspoons ground ginger
    • 1/2teaspoon ground cloves
    • 1/4teaspoon ground allspice
    • 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 1/4teaspoon table salt
    • 12tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), softened but still cool
    • 1/3cup dark brown sugar (about 2 1/2 ounces)
    • 1large egg yolk
    • 1teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 1/2cup molasses (about 6 ounces), light or dark

For Glaze
    • 1cup confectioners' sugar (about 4 1/2 ounces)
    • 2 1/2 - 3tablespoons dark rum

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 1/2 cup sugar for dipping in 8- or 9-inch cake pan.

2. Whisk flour, baking soda, spices, and salt in medium bowl until thoroughly combined; set aside.

3. In standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter with brown and granulated sugars at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and add yolk and vanilla; increase speed to medium and beat until incorporated, about 20 seconds. Reduce speed to medium-low and add molasses; beat until fully incorporated, about 20 seconds, scraping bottom and sides of bowl once with rubber spatula. Reduce speed to lowest setting; add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated, about 30 seconds, scraping bowl down once. Give dough final stir with rubber spatula to ensure that no pockets of flour remain at bottom. Dough will be soft.

4. Using tablespoon measure, scoop heaping tablespoon of dough and roll between palms into 11/2-inch ball; drop ball into cake pan with sugar and repeat to form about 4 balls. Toss balls in sugar to coat and set on prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 1 sheet at a time until cookies are browned, still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft (cookies will look raw between cracks and seem underdone), about 11 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Do not overbake.

5. Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes, then use wide metal spatula to transfer cookies to wire rack; cool cookies to room temperature. When completely cool, return cookies to cooled parchment-lined baking sheets. Whisk confectioners' sugar and 2 1/2 tablespoons dark rum in medium bowl until smooth. If the glaze is too thick to drizzle, whisk in additional tablespoon rum. Dip spoon into glaze and then move spoon over cookies so that glaze drizzles down onto them; repeat as necessary. Transfer cookies to wire rack and allow glaze to dry, 10 to 15 minutes.

Edit/Add: BTW, I don't remove the cookies to a wire rack for cooling. I just slide the cookies, parchment and all, onto the wire rack. Works much better, no cookies get mangled plus you have the parchment under them to catch any glaze that dribbles.