which ski movie?

i asked the boy if he wanted to go to snowvana this year. we did last year to see the seriously underwhelming tgr effort, which the boy loved.

"yes, i'd like to check out what tgr put out this year."

here's the line-up:

https://snowvana.com/film-fest/

i'm not attached to seeing any tgr output, so share a recommendation, plz.

which ski movie?

I have tried to avoid snovana. I was told it was a bit of a cluster trying to see the movies in particular. Way cheaper way to see them there, tho; I’ll give it that.

We went to the TGR flick at the Aladdin. I thought last year’s was better. They spent too much time on the Albania segment which ultimately was a little weak on stoke. TGR did bring 6 pros to sign posters, which was very cool. Overall pretty decent

Maybe see the MSP flick or Blizzard of Ahs?

msp or blizzard of ahs were my two first thoughts as well. i didn't care for snowvana last year but the boy loved walking around all the stuff and people. the audio for the movie last year was horrendous, either because a shitty system or shitty acoustics or both.

i don't mind if he gets excited. i'm not sure if we'll go but i'm tossing it around.

This year's Level 1 offering looks worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by barkcity View Post
    This year's Level 1 offering looks worthy.
    Saw it last week. Was seriously non-plussed. I loved their last 3 films: Habit, Pleasure, Small World. Thought all of those were really well done, creative, and had some off-kilter and cool segments. Plus their music/soundtracks are always kick-ass.
    The new film was just a straight ahead ski flick, more heavy on the urban jibbing and felt like a return to their really early work. I'm wondering if they got negative feedback from their core fans in regards to their last 3 films, which were kind of experimental and artsy (which I totally dig). I never quite figured out the significance of the title, Zig Zag, either (their previous films tied the titles into the segments and created a flowing theme, which was cool to me).

But I digress.

To the OP:

Blizzard of Ahhh's for sure. That's a quintessential ski movie. An all-time classic. Probably better than any of the ski films from any of the other major ski movie makers, hands down. Dunno how old your kid is, but Plake with the mohawk and sporting the "Captain America" onesy on Good Morning America is bonafide. Plus all the neon and the long skis? Yeah, Blizzard of Ahhh's for sure!
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

My favorites have always been The Big One, Breathe and Stop, and Linescore.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot