Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    If you haven't already done check out the Low Pressure Podcast episodes with Marcus Eder and Tanner Hall. Eder comes across as a giddy kid full of stoke and Hall sounds downright depressed and morose. I feel bad for him actually. Maybe that's just the mood he was in at the moment but dude needs help.

http://lowpressurepodcast.com/127-markus-eder-2/

http://lowpressurepodcast.com/125-ta...yst-is-skiing/

You Guys watch the Youth Freeski Comp too ???

I didnt put any names to memory, but some the kids runs were very memorable

The Comp posted on tgr's main page is super sik with about a foot and a half of fresh pow(where it didn't slide)

Kudos to all the competitors > real steep venue ; deep variable snow was a super great test and show of skills
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

^^Was there last year with thing #3 who was competing. Kappl's a neat place and that venue is way gnarlier and big than it presents. Great skiing this year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    ^^Was there last year with thing #3 who was competing. Kappl's a neat place and that venue is way gnarlier and big than it presents. Great skiing this year too.
    Sounds like “skiing prodigy” is in your DNA?

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    If you haven't already done check out the Low Pressure Podcast episodes with Marcus Eder and Tanner Hall. Eder comes across as a giddy kid full of stoke and Hall sounds downright depressed and morose. I feel bad for him actually. Maybe that's just the mood he was in at the moment but dude needs help.

http://lowpressurepodcast.com/127-markus-eder-2/

http://lowpressurepodcast.com/125-ta...yst-is-skiing/

The way Tanner sounds is far more common among extreme athletes than the way Eder does. Happy, well-adjusted people don't choose to spend a big chunk of their lives tiptoeing the line between life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    You Guys watch the Youth Freeski Comp too ???

I didnt put any names to memory, but some the kids runs were very memorable

The Comp posted on tgr's main page is super sik with about a foot and a half of fresh pow(where it didn't slide)

Kudos to all the competitors > real steep venue ; deep variable snow was a super great test and show of skills
    Yes, I was watching for our local kid who placed a very respectable 4th (should’ve been 3rd). The Swiss kid that won looks ready for the adult podium.

It snowed 10cm last night down to 1000m but the forecast is now wall to wall sunshine for the next 10 days with the weather getting warmer. With that forecast are they likely to run the comp on the opening Saturday (23rd) to get the best snow conditions or do they need the Saturday for face check etc and would run it Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    Sounds like “skiing prodigy” is in your DNA?
    Not from me! I put them on the hill a bunch as kids and got very lucky with how they all ended up connecting with skiing.

I suspect they'd need day 1 for for face check as many competitors will not arrive until the night before, and athletes accommodations are probably not available until then. But ya never know.....

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    It snowed 10cm last night down to 1000m but the forecast is now wall to wall sunshine for the next 10 days with the weather getting warmer. With that forecast are they likely to run the comp on the opening Saturday (23rd) to get the best snow conditions or do they need the Saturday for face check etc and would run it Sunday?

How filled in is the face this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    How filled in is the face this year?
    It was looking pretty good at the weekend and this last front from the North West should have put a nice fresh layer on top. According to Televerbier comp confirmed for Saturday am. Face check the day before. Lifts open 7:30am

Spin this round until you’re looking down the access path for the Mont Fort piste and you have the Bec in the background http://www.verbier.ch/fr/webcams/webcam-mont-fort.htm

Speaking on the "start all over after not making the cut" aspect. Liam Peiffer is on the start list for the Kirkwood FWQ 4*. Tenacious about getting back no doubt. These 4* events are increasingly stacked.

EDIT: and B @ Crystal
    Last edited by Phalkor; 03-19-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Niki Kelly skipped the Andorra stop to go back to Kicking Horse 4* because she felt she had more of a chance to requalify than ride out the tour. Some logic, but so sad. This shit is intense.

If you can swing it, it's not a crazy strategy to just compete in several of the 4* events simultaneously as the FWT if you can swing the logistics. If you end up with good results on your first two FWT starts, then you can stop doing the others.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I suspect they'd need day 1 for for face check as many competitors will not arrive until the night before, and athletes accommodations are probably not available until then. But ya never know.....
    Tanner is out...did the phone ring?
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Too funny he did a press release. He is such a pro....

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Tanner is out...did the phone ring?
    Not surprised. He's been hanging out in the Tahoe backcountry the past week or so. When I heard that I figured he might not fly all the way back to Europe, especially with how good the conditions are out here.

So do they fill his spot and the 12th they never filled or do they just run 10?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not surprised. He's been hanging out in the Tahoe backcountry the past week or so. When I heard that I figured he might not fly all the way back to Europe, especially with how good the conditions are out here.
    I doubt it has to do with how good the conditions are in Tahoe. More like "the Bec" is way over his head, and he knows it.
    Last edited by teamdirt; 03-20-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    I doubt it has to do with how good the conditions are in Tahoe. More like "the Bec" like is way over his head, and knows it.
    It’s a good thing he bailed, he might have actually died this time.

Saw this on his insta:
    tannerhall420
    Wanted to let everyone know out there I will not be attending the final stop of the @freerideworldtour in verbier this winter. It was a real hard decision to make but staying in the states on the filming mission is the choice I’ve made as we are on a serious roll with this years project and I wanna finish this out strong with @thekidagain to bring some serious �� for you all come this fall. I wanna say a big thank you to everyone involved at the @freerideworldtour riders and organizers and judges to the fans and everyone I had a blast and can’t wait for next year already........That being said we getting a lil re set in Cali right now and can’t wait to get after it when the sun comes back out on Sunday! Still got a lot of filming time left and I can’t wait to go hard until the very end! Good luck to everyone in the finals in Verbier......I will def be tuning in to see the madness!@armadaskis @ruroc @tyroliabindings @dalbellosports @hudsen.collective @goongear #skiboss #filmgrind #inspired #FWT19 #thankfultobeapartofit #readyfornextwinteralready #lifeisgood
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Anyone planning on spectating the kirkwood comp on 4/5?
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

It was looking pretty good at the weekend and this last front from the North West should have put a nice fresh layer on top. According to Televerbier comp confirmed for Saturday am. Face check the day before. Lifts open 7:30am
    Great resource, thanks.

Verbier comp confirmed for Saturday. (11:45pm here on the west coast of freedom-land)

"Face" inspection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Qfuuk0284
    sproing!