Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    I'm sorry, but TH, you're a wanker. Last-minute much? Fuckwit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    he might have actually died this time.
    I laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Verbier comp confirmed for Saturday. (11:45pm here on the west coast of freedom-land)

"Face" inspection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7Qfuuk0284
    that is a very rocky looking slope

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    way to kind
    His British background shone through though.

Excellent user of wanker.

( I yelled that at someone in traffic recently and they looked at me like they didn't know what it meant.... it's not that obscure a curse surely?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    I doubt it has to do with how good the conditions are in Tahoe. More like "the Bec" is way over his head, and he knows it.
    Disagree, I'm sure it's a factor. People are skiing stuff out here for the first time in almost a decade. Having said that, he could have made that call a week ago and given someone else a chance to fill his spot.

He could have made that call at the beginning of the season and not fucked it up for a bunch of other people with his superstardom.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    He could have made that call at the beginning of the season and not fucked it up for a bunch of other people with his superstardom.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

^^^ This again ^^^

Listen to the LPP podcast with him I linked earlier. Buddy sounds like the 13 year old. Dude is messed up and I feel for him but he's basically spewing the same navel gazing, narcissistic B.S. you here from spoiled teenagers.

Edit. My thoughts, not my kid's FWIW.

He could have made that call at the beginning of the season and not fucked it up for a bunch of other people who worked their asses off to be there with his superstardom.

Freeride World Tour - 2019

I’m with you for the most part but beginning of the season? What are you talking about? Huh?

I realize your kid busted his ass and I’d rather him compete than THall but don’t don’t start talking about Tanner like he’s some Instagram star. Anyone here with a handful of x games medals is free to talk trash but the rest of us should STFU.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

tanner bailed on a chance to silence the critics at the bec so he can continue hitting kickers on donner pass doing stupid flippy spinny shit (bohhhhhhhhhring). weak sauce!!!!

No matter what Tanner did y'all are going to hate on him.

Win everything? Oh, the judges loved him some else deserved to win.

Come in last place and fall? Oh, he shouldn't be there.

Bow out and open up a spot for a deserving skier? Oh, he wimped out.

Etc. etc. He's a polarizing figure but give me a break. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

^That's bullshit. Sorry, I've had a couple glasses of wine but fucking hell.......

He's a privileged, entitled rock star and he's acting like one. I don't at all begrudge him what he did earn and I recognize he did earn a lot, but he took spots on the FWT and skewed the season for a bunch of people whose careers weren't already dialed like his is. They can't afford to do what he did. If he didn't intend to finish this shit he shouldn't have started.

It's arguable his mere presence altered the judge's [tour's] landscape for the season. And people who should be there now are not because of it, and he's too fucking cool to show up for the real deal [chickenshit MF] 'cuz he's too busy filming. It's bullshit. Fuck him.

And you should go ski the fucking Bec in a comp and spin a 70 foot cliff over massive exposure. Then tell me who deserves what.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I’m with you for the most part but beginning of the season? What are you talking about? Huh?

I realize your kid busted his ass and I’d rather him compete than THall but don’t don’t start talking about Tanner like he’s some Instagram star. Anyone here with a handful of x games medals is free to talk trash but the rest of us should STFU.

And you should go ski the fucking Bec in a comp and spin a 70 foot cliff over massive exposure. Then tell me who deserves what.
    I’m so big mountain >>> park / half pipe but you’re seriously underrating his accomplishments. I bet your kid would even be like, dad, back off. You’re talking about a skier with like 7 (?) x games medals. Super lame that he bailed so late but you need to check yourself.

Yes, my son would tell me that. As I said, these are my thoughts and not my son's. He actually spoke very highly of TH over the season. I ain't gonna check anything. I get to have my own opinion. I applaud TH's accomplishments. He worked hard and got a lot done. He deserves massive respect for that.

Anyone who kicks ass anywhere deserves props. But TH earned my lack of respect here. He took shit away from people who had worked at least as hard as TH did to get what he got, and his withdrawal is a big fuck you (and chickenshit MF) to those who worked hard to get where they did in competitive freeskiiing.

Good for him for his accomplishments, and fuck him for the disrespect he showed to everyone else on the tour. Kye too. Most of those kids who earned their way onto the tour, including my son, would NEVER behave this way. They're not entitled, and not disrespectful. I know them. I watched them grow up. And no matter how fucking accomplished they are or how much hardware they collected they would never pull this kind of shit.

And anymore? What is he besides an IG star? What's he done lately besides bail on Verbier and talk like a thug on social media?

^^ You could say the same about Seth Morrison but he’s still the man if you ask me. Just doing his thing, it’s all good. Holy shit, I’d love to see old man Seth throw down on the FWT.

Look. I think we are all on the same page on the late withdrawal... beyond that not so much. You’re still overlooking what it takes to get a wild card in the first place.

......and at the other end of the attitudinal spectrum; Zen master Kristofer Turdel.

I like when he says his aim is to make it look "like a walk in the park, effortless and easy." Is that what you're trying to do Kristofer, we hadn't noticed

Seth didn't accept a wildcard on the FWT, skew the season for everyone else then extend his middle finger to all the other competitors to bail on the finals where every single one of the competitors is fucking gripped. Big difference. And yes, Seth's still the man. And TH is still the man too in his own space, and he deserves to be. My beef is not about what anyone has accomplished, but how they've behaved.

I do understand we're generally on the same page. I'm skewed by having been on a very long journey with a hard working kid who has never behaved with any entitlement and never had anything (like a wild card) handed to him. Frankly I worried that TH would have an impact on the season beyond just his presence from the moment I knew he was competing. And I was right. And his career will remain intact. Others' careers are permanently altered because he was there, and he couldn't be bothered to show up for the finals. All he has to say is, "I'm too busy filming."

Perhaps he's forgotten where he came from. The kids I know haven't and never would.

Turdell is also like, the nicest guy in the world. Humble, friendly, remembers your name, no sense of entitlement to anything in spite of extraordinary talent and success.

Sucks that some one missed the spot Tanner got .... but can yo ublame the FWT for trying to reel in a big name to attaract some attention to the sport???

They could and add 1 spot ''call it the invitational spot" ,and let Tanner get some experience points ..in one his newer interviews he admitted straight out ,it would take at least a season to warm up to the 1 run format , before he could think of contending for top spots
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

^^ Kai Petersen said the one run format was a real issue for him as well. But I guess these guys winning medals and skier of the year awards are just a buncha pussies...... or maybe they know something we don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Sucks that some one missed the spot Tanner got .... but can yo ublame the FWT for trying to reel in a big name to attaract some attention to the sport???

They could and add 1 spot ''call it the invitational spot" ,and let Tanner get some experience points ..in one his newer interviews he admitted straight out ,it would take at least a season to warm up to the 1 run format , before he could think of contending for top spots
    It's debatable wether or not you can fault the FWT for trying to bring eyes to the sport, but Tanner Hall??? No doubt an amazing freestyle skier but this is free skiing. I'm not an 'insider' by any means, but what was the word on the street when he was announced, did anyone really believe he could cut it in the 1 run, variable condition, shark riddled, exposure fest that is the FWT?

And on that note, if .....IF....(and I am not expressing any opinion on the ethics of doing so before someone bites my head off) you were to give a wild card spot to one of these movie star types, who would deserve it and who would actually do well?

How do you guys think someone like Hoji would do?

Who would you guys give a wild card to?

^^^

So true. No chance that any of the guys who came up through the ranks and know what the fwt is really about would pull the shit. FWT deserves as much blame as Thall. Organization chased some easy press and got burned. There are plenty of film skiers who could throw down on the FWT, and everyone involved knew and knows tanner wasn’t that guy. But he gets more clicks than most. FWT needs to decide if it’s a big mtn ripper competition or a instagram feeder. No more wildcards! Shredders over clicks! Thing 2 should be on the Bec. And I’ll throw in my obligatory, GO POLLARDS!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums