Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1110
    Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Post, THEN smoke crack

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I think he shoved the crack ..so to speak , after he lit it
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    I am so happy this thread came to an end this season. I thought in the beginning it is cool to talk nerd fwt stuff, but it seemed to me some you did not ride enough pow this winter! I dis not care about low ranks before. Now seeing what happens rank#5 -#10 buhhh it is brutal. When every point counts for you staying on tour... tough shit!! And i also agree does guys riding there lives for our entertainment.... actual it is a perversion. But comp freeriding has nothing todo with skiing same as the streif or rondo races.
    So this over and over discussed wildcard issue of tanner hall WTF
    Let him ride it! He is a well known skier and rides better and more then people judging here. If you like him or not. Ok pulling out if verbier made me wonder. As the whole tour is just warm ufor the bec.
    And did markus eder or victor de la rue ride FWQ?????? So they stole the titles as they did not go through the ranks!
    Correct me if i am wrong.

So japan stop and all the venue complaining. It is good to stay the tour in Japan. One of the view places where there is pow and faces are well filled that time of the year. And the Norway and Russia stop sucked imo.

There is no other bec and that's for areason.
    Complaining about the guys behind the mic.... fuuuck Ever watched a surfing contest? They really have to talk about shit cause in a 30min heat there is not much happening. Have you listened how they down talk wind and small waves at jbay? So. I think it is ok. And to bolts where is the problem. Mcfly and williman are a great combo. Williman quote:"The take off is so far gone out of his brain until he lands" best one this season for me

Different judging for bcfreestyle and freeriding plus shaped takeoffs.... check skierscup it had all of above mentioned plus seth and jp...

Cant remeber more what annoyed me here....

Thanks for the snowboardmovie link..... i guess the golden era of snowboarding.

And yes the skiers vs snowboard discussion so 1995!!! And excellent end to a real garbage thread...

And yaaeah one more thing... the FWT is corrupt and they hand the result list to the judges. It is not the formula one with bernie Ecclestone runin real big dollars.

Thanks to the fwt for doing this for my entertainment and big up to all the riders.

PEACE
    I hope this made sense to you.

Freeride World Tour - 2019

Funny thing is, no one was bashing snowboarding at all, just discussing actual limitations vs talent discrepancies.

I kinda wonder what Travis Rice could do on a pair of fat skis if you gave him a few years. This is awesome / ridiculous: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvmJl7zg...d=yufjv14jkbbt

I’m a skier thru-and-thru but Rice and Jones are still two of my favorite snow riders.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

"Mcfly and williman are a great combo"

Agree! Nothing better then when they collectively lose their minds and start dropping F-bombs. Preferred that combo over Williman and the Canadian... Just saying. Smoothy was also awesome in the booth. Mcfly always brings it in terms of commentating. I miss his face checks where he would ski the line the day before!

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    This, or maybe just don't post.
    He is basically agreeing with you

Quote Originally Posted by sqikunst View Post
    "Mcfly and williman are a great combo"

Agree! Nothing better then when they collectively lose their minds and start dropping F-bombs. Preferred that combo over Williman and the Canadian... Just saying. Smoothy was also awesome in the booth. Mcfly always brings it in terms of commentating. I miss his face checks where he would ski the line the day before!
    McFly is awesome, he always sounds genuine and not like some hype man spewing brobrah rubbish. A real shame he isn't on tour more, but was a nice surprise that he was there for the bec!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Funny thing is, no one was bashing snowboarding at all, just discussing actual limitations vs talent discrepancies.

I kinda wonder what Travis Rice could do on a pair of fat skis if you gave him a few years. This is awesome / ridiculous: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvmJl7zg...d=yufjv14jkbbt

I’m a skier thru-and-thru but Rice and Jones are still two of my favorite snow riders.
    I don't think there was any snowboard bashing. I was the one who brought up the question - it was meant to be a discussion and not a debate or argument. I thought people generally kept it pretty calm, nobody bashing either sport, just talking about actual limitations and my point or one of the questions I had was, is there a discrepancy in talent on FWT between skiers and snowboarders. Personally, I think so, at least a bit with more big-time skiers than riders. Overall, it was a great discussion I thought.

I asked and brought it up because I am a snowboarder and you could see throughout the tour the difference between the majority of the runs skiers were taking vs. snowboarders.

Same here, and Xavier D. as well.

Related--Steve Klassen's run redefined life goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Snowboarding saved skiing, in so may ways. And correct me if i am wrong but was Verbier not originally a snowboarding event?

In the intervening years since the first wave of snowboarding however, the sport's limitations have reared their head. Snowboards are toys, fun toys, but toys nonetheless. They were conceived as such and as with all toys they have serious limitations, many of which were mentioned above. Skis are tools, that's what they were originally designed for. They are fun tools, but tools nonetheless and as such their use value is far greater than any toy can ever be.

Not sure about where you guys are from but beyond the park and some chill runs, i seem to see less and less snowboarders around here. Most of the serious semi serious snowboarders i know have stopped going to the hill or touring and basically don't ride anymore (a few exceptions for sure). Basically, snowboarding sucks and it's suckiness is on full display on the FWT.

...except that Steve Klassen guy. He f*cking rocks!
    I agree with some of this, and with some of the other sentiments. I think skiing is better for ripping big lines fast and dropping big cliffs. I also think skiers have an advantage in McConkey style ledge-to-ledge billygoating. I think these advantages are even greater when there are firm conditions, as there often are on the FWT.

Having said that, I think snowboarding had a strong advantage in technical spine walls. The ability to powerslide sections was very important. In the early 2000's it seemed to me that skiers were not hitting spiny terrain as well as the snowboarders were, or maybe that was just Jones and Olafsson. Since the advent of rockered skis skiers have gained the ability to powerslide where it is appropriate, and have caught up in spiny terrain, although I don't think anyone is quite at the level of Jeremy Jones on a spine wall. But in other big mountain terrain I think skiers have an advantage.

I ski Mammoth, and I still see lots of boarders out there. But in the areas where I spend my days, Climax, Hangman's, Paranoids, Philippe's, Avy chutes, it is mostly skiers despite the fact that Mammoth is mostly a socal mountain. But there are still plenty of boarders in the steeps at Mammoth, the boarders are not just in the park.

I will say that a number of my friends have gone back to skiing from snowboarding. I look back to the mid-90's when I was in college. I went to UCSB and was skiing Mammoth a couple of weekends a month and on vacations. We had a club ski team at UCSB, which just meant that you paid $300 at the beginning of the year and had a place to crash at in Mammoth all winter. I usually did not race because I hated waiting to run gates when I could be skiing the noids. Around 96 they opened the team up to snowboarders. Around that time in socal everyone was boarding, particularly people who surfed. I learned to really enjoy powder in 1994, I was an east coast bump skier and struggled in pow when I first went out west. I watched how much the boarders loved pow, and I thought about switching. But the problem I had with boarding was that it did not seem fun in bumps and firm steeps, and that was what I was skiing the majority of the time. Once I learned to love pow in skinny skis I had no interest in snowboarding. Then in the late 90's we got fat skis, and everything changed. I think lots of people who switched to enjoy pow are now switching back, because they have discovered that they can not only ski pow on fat skis, but also enjoy firm steeps on skis in ways they would not on a snowboard. That is the reason most of my friends who have switched back have given me, they can now enjoy pow on skis AND get the benefits of skiing when the snow is bad. I think previously the advantage of snowboarding was powder performance and park hits, but the powder performance advantage is basically gone now, so if you want to spend your days in steep terrain skiing is often a better option.

But Mammoth still has plenty of boarders who throw down in big terrain. On Friday I saw a boarder hit Serbe's and launch a huge cliff beneath it at full speed. I wish I had footage of it, it was nuts.

I will add that JJ, the De La Rue brothers and TRice are three of my favorite snow riders.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Rehashing the Tanner topic a bit... put me in the cop-out camp. It looks like he's filming booters and mini golf lines around Tahoe which he has done for so many years now? His film last year has racked up 93k views on Vimeo -- decent numbers but not earth shattering. His sponsors are down to Armada, Ruroc and Goonwear now so can't imagine he's making much sponsor cash for filming web edits at this point.

If that's what he has fun doing then great but using filming as an excuse not to compete on the Bec is weak when it's not a major film production commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    But Mammoth still has plenty of boarders who throw down in big terrain. On Friday I saw a boarder hit Serbe's and launch a huge cliff beneath it at full speed. I wish I had footage of it, it was nuts.
    Might have been this guy? https://www.instagram.com/p/BvnTkFRAC3R/

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    I am so happy this thread came to an end this season. I thought in the beginning it is cool to talk nerd fwt stuff, but it seemed to me some you did not ride enough pow this winter! I dis not care about low ranks before. Now seeing what happens rank#5 -#10 buhhh it is brutal. When every point counts for you staying on tour... tough shit!! And i also agree does guys riding there lives for our entertainment.... actual it is a perversion. But comp freeriding has nothing todo with skiing same as the streif or rondo races.
    So this over and over discussed wildcard issue of tanner hall WTF
    Let him ride it! He is a well known skier and rides better and more then people judging here. If you like him or not. Ok pulling out if verbier made me wonder. As the whole tour is just warm ufor the bec.
    And did markus eder or victor de la rue ride FWQ?????? So they stole the titles as they did not go through the ranks!
    Correct me if i am wrong.

So japan stop and all the venue complaining. It is good to stay the tour in Japan. One of the view places where there is pow and faces are well filled that time of the year. And the Norway and Russia stop sucked imo.

There is no other bec and that's for areason.
    Complaining about the guys behind the mic.... fuuuck Ever watched a surfing contest? They really have to talk about shit cause in a 30min heat there is not much happening. Have you listened how they down talk wind and small waves at jbay? So. I think it is ok. And to bolts where is the problem. Mcfly and williman are a great combo. Williman quote:"The take off is so far gone out of his brain until he lands" best one this season for me

Different judging for bcfreestyle and freeriding plus shaped takeoffs.... check skierscup it had all of above mentioned plus seth and jp...

Cant remeber more what annoyed me here....

Thanks for the snowboardmovie link..... i guess the golden era of snowboarding.

And yes the skiers vs snowboard discussion so 1995!!! And excellent end to a real garbage thread...

And yaaeah one more thing... the FWT is corrupt and they hand the result list to the judges. It is not the formula one with bernie Ecclestone runin real big dollars.

Thanks to the fwt for doing this for my entertainment and big up to all the riders.

PEACE
    Top cryptologists are working 24/7 to decipher what the fuck you’re saying.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

I will add that JJ, the De La Rue brothers and TRice are three of my favorite snow riders.
    That's four people.

- That guy.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    i disagree with the age of snowboarding part. When I moved to tahoe back in 94 the Hatchetts were on TB3 I think and they were doing way bigger lines than any skiers. I've always been an avid skier but there was a period when I watched snowboarding movies exclusively because what they were doing was so far ahead of skiers. Then the skis got fat.

edit-and damn. i forgot about victoria jealouse

Blast from the past. Her locker was beside mine in high school lol. She had just moved out to Kamloops to ski race, got injured and started boarding (and I moved away for university...).
    Re: Kicking Horse FWT, could the Dogteeth be in play?

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Top cryptologists are working 24/7 to decipher what the fuck you’re saying.
    Y'all need to smoke more, or work on your reading comprehension!

Ski Boss hate in this thread is funny!
    An offpist dad is MAD that stoner homeboy donated his name to a niche comp, then didn't compete on death face for 7th place!

That said thanks for the insight, that was very cool following along all winter.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

Anybody care to link the ski boss line from the comp?

I still remember the first time i saw tb5. Definitely reset the bar for me and friends. A good friend has been using that one olofsson seen in his college math classes for almost 20 yrs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    That's four people.

- That guy.
    Woops.

I think this is appropriate here. Richard Permin and Victor De La Rue in Sweet and Sour. Some sick footage here.

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/fi...W11/sweet-sour
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Did Permin ever compete on either tour? I can't seem to recall. His mix of freestyle and big mountain charging would be a great fit.

Always liked this MSP segment...

Did Permin ever compete on either tour? I can't seem to recall. His mix of freestyle and big mountain charging would be a great fit.

Always liked this MSP segment...

I know he did, but that might have been as a wildcard. I actually tried to find his results from back around 2010, but the rankings from back then are not available on the FWT site. I remember when I first saw Permin, he was KILLING it in the Tulsequah segment in The Way I See It, dropping huge cliffs cleanly. Then I saw him ski the park and I could not believe it was the same guy. I looked into him and discovered he had competed on the FWT. I really wish I could find his results, or a footage of some of his lines. Unfortunately the FWT site does not have the info from back then. I do know he competed in some events in 2010, and I think in 2011 as well.

I know he did, but that might have been as a wildcard. I actually tried to find his results from back around 2010, but the rankings from back then are not available on the FWT site. I remember when I first saw Permin, he was KILLING it in the Tulsequah segment in The Way I See It, dropping huge cliffs cleanly. Then I saw him ski the park and I could not believe it was the same guy. I looked into him and discovered he had competed on the FWT. I really wish I could find his results, or a footage of some of his lines. Unfortunately the FWT site does not have the info from back then. I do know he competed in some events in 2010, and I think in 2011 as well.
    2010 Wild Card to Mont Blanc.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokomahonah View Post
    Y'all need to ... work on your reading comprehension!
    Yep, that's definitely it.

Permin's skiing: not real. So good. But funny enough, I remember seeing a Permin FWT vid. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_sE8GpSNvw

Tentative, slow, lost, and capped off by a total ragdoll. Can you imagine the vitriol that would have ensued if T-Hall skied any of his lines like that??
    sproing!

That was a pretty burley entrance...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Freeride World Tour - 2019

In Permin’s defense that was 2010 and he improved his big mountain game substantially in the years after that. Note Abma and Cody’s comments in that other video.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    That was a pretty burley entrance...
    Agreed, that looked gnarly. All the more so as a first track. Would love to see him do it again with his experience now.