Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1110
    Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    Anyone planning on spectating the kirkwood comp on 4/5?

Aye, I will be skiing. My own personal Bec

Marion doesn't need to be there.
    Has already won the tour.
    Claims to aim at nailing the best run of her life.
    Wins.

Attention Wild Cards-- please see the text above.

Lady skiers are throwing down!
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Klassen... My lord.

54 years old. Proper legend!

The safety guy picking up the skis had the best line so far

Klassen threw down. His back slaps only proved that. They may have affected his score but he did not hold back at all.

Major respect.

I want to be able to be 1/100th as badass at 54.

Bimboes gets my points for one of the most entertaining runs despite the fact it was over in about 4.6 seconds. Dude has a death wish.

Overall, I liked the scoring outcome today for the men’s skiers. And loved that everyone was so stoked.

Markus Eder, the most complete skier in the world currently, gets not much love here, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I sat with thing #2 and oft over beers at the hill last week.

Zero sour grapes.

I'm saying you're dead wrong. Two of the nicest guys on the planet.

Hopefully Tanner Hall doesn't rest in peace over this.
    We all act different online, so I'm not surprised he wasn't dismissive to you or called you a douchenozzle in person.

Loved watching the runs this morning! Bimbo skied like he took a few two many lines of coke in the start gate though. He must have legs of steel to land that big one that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    Markus Eder, the most complete skier in the world currently, gets not much love here, eh?
    Eder is currently one of my favorite skiers in the world. I just don't like some of the lines he chooses, they are sometimes more playful than rowdy. I thought he skied well in Austria, I just probably would have taken what some of the other guys did over what he did.His skiing was great, he just avoided some of the rowdier terrain. Some of the other guys had better lines. He still skied very well though. The best contest line I have ever seen Eder ski was his line at the Bec last year.

Eder is an incredible skier. But to me, it looks like he sometimes avoids rowdy sections in favor of doing playful tricks. That is cool, and there is a place for it, but in a contest like this I want to see people getting after the more hectic zones.

That being said, Eder just might be my favorite skier in the world.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Looked like Bimboes couldn't shut it down in the snow conditions and was either going to hit the rocks to his left or just point it. That was scary. Eder proves that it can help coming from a freestyle background and that Candide wasn't a one off. That was a fun line he took. I've got to admit that this was some of the best stuff from all the riders, women, men, snowboard, skiing this season. The bec delivered!
    Wadecks run was the well deserved winner

The Bec delivers again. Slemett showed a nice mix of skills. Turdell as smooth as ever, but needs to get creative. Lots of impressive charging. Judges nailed it.

Wow! Just wow. Such incredibly ballsy skiing across the board. I’m in awe.
    Yesterday I filmed 3 runs on my new GoPro, and was stoked to see afterwards that it at least didn’t looks like I was walked slowly backwards down the hill. Then I get to watch that final.
    Stoked that Reine got a wildcard and did well. So impressed with Bimboes’ psycho straightline.
    Slemett!
    Wadeck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Eder is an incredible skier. But to me, it looks like he sometimes avoids rowdy sections in favor of doing playful tricks. That is cool, and there is a place for it, but in a contest like this I want to see people getting after the more hectic zones.
    Dunno, man. After Gorak it was pretty clear that there was not much to add in the Central Couloir. Eder‘s and Slemett‘s lines were more creative and next level than just raging down the mountain. As impressed as I‘m by their perfect execution, Turdell’s and Barkered‘s lines were not exactly something never seen before. Bimboes went just nuts, he has all my due respect for his ballsy approach to the Bec, but this ain‘t no fuckin Streif.

That was insane. Punchy, fast conditions? Fuck it, let's go fast and huck huge backflips.

THall would have been one jittery rasta lion if he'd tried those lines.
    Maybe FWT could invite freestyle wildcards for the first three stops and award a freestyle mini title, they could call it the neschoolerz trophy or something like that (similar to the hill climb jersey they award on the tour de France). Would help viewership for those stops.But there's no way that skiers like THall should be in the comp we saw today. From a safety point of view if nothing else. Gonna go re-watch now.

Spoke to Bimboes at the meet the riders session and asked him how he was gonna top last year... « I’m going to go faster »

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    Looked like Bimboes couldn't shut it down in the snow conditions and was either going to hit the rocks to his left or just point it. That was scary. Eder proves that it can help coming from a freestyle background and that Candide wasn't a one off. That was a fun line he took. I've got to admit that this was some of the best stuff from all the riders, women, men, snowboard, skiing this season. The bec delivered!
    Wadecks run was the well deserved winner

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Spoke to Bimboes at the meet the riders session and asked him how he was gonna top last year... « I’m going to go faster »
    Would love to know what speed he clocked

But there's no way that skiers like THall should be in the comp we saw today. From a safety point of view if nothing else.
    It's comments like these that make the "thall haters" look stupid. Yes there's legitimate reasons not to like him, but the guy is a great skier capable of safely skiing that face. I'm not saying he would be winning, or even competing for the top spots, but let's be realistic.

Favourite run was without doubt bimboes, and Gorak deserved to win.

Eriksson fall was really scary. Not till you see something like that you fully understand the exposure and consequence (some more wider views would be nice - although the full face with red line down it helps).

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm totally star struck... we never see any good skiers at Squaw, I just have no perspective!!!

BTW Oftpiste, I actually put a good word in for your kid last time I shared a chair with Gaffney... mentioned that Berkeley was sending it on the tour and not just playing it safe and seems like that might translate well to film ("If you aren't scared it won't make the movie"). MSP is always looking for the young up and comers. I'm sure Scott hears this kind of stuff all week long but figured it couldn't hurt...
    Gaffney's still lurking and keeping his eyes out. He's watching Berkeley and everyone else. There's a lot of freaking talent out there!
    or don't

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboarder View Post
    It's comments like these that make the "thall haters" look stupid. Yes there's legitimate reasons not to like him, but the guy is a great skier capable of safely skiing that face. I'm not saying he would be winning, or even competing for the top spots, but let's be realistic.

Favourite run was without doubt bimboes, and Gorak deserved to win.

Eriksson fall was really scary. Not till you see something like that you fully understand the exposure and consequence (some more wider views would be nice - although the full face with red line down it helps).
    He looked tentative on less challenging venues. I cannot imagine him putting together a line on the bec that was anywhere in the same realm as slemett/gorak/bimobes/eder/etc.
    It's just a statement of fact. If some of these FWT guys were in a X games pipe competition, they would also look out of place. And he might have been able to side slip that face but he liked pretty tentative and slow in andorra. If he's slow there, whats even the point of competing at le bec? HIs style doesn't fit the venue, at all. I could 'safely ski that face', but doesn't mean it'd be worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by huckasoreass View Post
    Gaffney's still lurking and keeping his eyes out. He's watching Berkeley and everyone else. There's a lot of freaking talent out there!
    Nice 3rd person creeping Gaff! Reminds me of that Sinfield episode...lol

Just watched. So much awesomeness. That was incredibly entertaining.

Steep steep!