Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That 3 at Kicking Horse was pretty bad ass. But otherwise, yeah, I bet most of the juniors field could out ski him.
    Watched the 4 star qual yesterday on Ozone and quite a few had better runs than Tanner.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Check out Turdell's POV from this last event: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu1naU8H6h0/ - I didn't realize how spicy that initial drop in was.
    So sick. The entrance to that double was sooo blind. Zero margin for error there.

Freeride Junior World Championships on in 11 hours. Venue is Kappl. At the FWT website.

Thanks for posting tahoej - Turdell is...ridiculously good. Wow.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Freeride Junior World Championships on in 11 hours. Venue is Kappl. At the FWT website.

Thanks for posting tahoej - Turdell is...ridiculously good. Wow.
    Watch for my dude Niko Hinz in the America moped helmet! Kid's gonna slay.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting that Jeremie Heitz commented on the vid posted in Euros that he gave up the FWT after 5 years as couldn’t win skiing the big mountain lines he was after and didn’t want to compromise and start skiing for the judges.

Didn’t understand the comments in the vid from the head judge. He didn’t explain why Leo’s 3´s scores higher than the Turdell entry line, backflip and big air at the bottom, as well as the smoother technique. Even Leo said he was sure he’d lost it - although perhaps just being modest

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Wrangell the Chute is supposed to drop on the IFSA youtube channel sometime today
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...LHNGViABQUoBHA
    Looks like 'technical difficulties'. I met this skier in Taos who ended up taking third. His POV is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu3xYyOlw4H/
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    Smacks of damage limitation spin from the head judge guy
    Lolo is so full of shit. Asserting that Slemmet’s mild 360s off the top (which 12 year old freeskiers at my local hill could replicate) is somehow equivalent to Turdell’s super technical entrance into backflip, doesn’t make it so. Then he doesn’t even try to substantiate how Slemmet magically gets scored ahead such that Turdell needs to catch up, nor why Turdell’s final move isn’t enough. Both competitors seem to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Watch for my dude Niko Hinz in the America moped helmet! Kid's gonna slay.

BBowl represent!

Eder has 7200 points and Turdell is behind him with 5800. If Turdell wins in Verbier, where does Eder have to finish for Turdell to win the overall?

For all the ragging on Tanner Hall, I was surprised to see he's 7th overall. I guess that podium in Japan went a long way point-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Eder has 7200 points and Turdell is behind him with 5800. If Turdell wins in Verbier, where does Eder have to finish for Turdell to win the overall?

For all the ragging on Tanner Hall, I was surprised to see he's 7th overall. I guess that podium in Japan went a long way point-wise.
    So Turdell needs to gain 1400 points on Eder. Unless Verbier has a different points system than the rest of the stops, first place is 2500 points. Which means Eder needs to get 1100 points or less. Which I think means Turdell in 1st and Eder in 11th would produce a tie.

Re: Tanner - only 3 scores count towards each skier's ranking. So he had a good result in Japan, an ok result in Golden, and two shitty results in Europe. But only one of those shitty results actually counts towards his ranking.

It also seems like the scores don't drop off very quickly - terrible results still yield a fair amount of points towards the tour. For example, Eder still got 755 points for his last place finish in Andorra (not that it mattered, since his other 3 results were much better). Hell, Craig Murray got 530 points for the Andorra stop and he didn't even compete (same for Studer, Barkered, etc.). I don't really get the logic behind that, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

^^ So not only did the judges fuck up at the last event, in the process they made Verbier less exciting. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    BBowl represent!
    Hell ya! Of all the riders, Niko looked like he had the most fun. That's the bbowl style.

I've competed in a totally different sport that allowed you to drop a bad result or two when calculating the season points winners.

Sometimes I benefited from it, sometimes I didn't, but I'll maintain that drops are complete bullshit in a season long points ranking. The results rarely end up being fair.

And how the hell is Tanner 7th? All admit I never really was a fan of his but his skiing at the last three stops made it clear that he doesn't belong on the tour. (Yes the big 360 at Kicking Horse was cool but he literally skied the easiest possible line to get there)

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Interesting that Jeremie Heitz commented on the vid posted in Euros that he gave up the FWT after 5 years as couldn’t win skiing the big mountain lines he was after and didn’t want to compromise and start skiing for the judges.

Didn’t understand the comments in the vid from the head judge. He didn’t explain why Leo’s 3´s scores higher than the Turdell entry line, backflip and big air at the bottom, as well as the smoother technique. Even Leo said he was sure he’d lost it - although perhaps just being modest
    I'm sure I'm being dense, but could you please point me in the direction of this video?

3:40 - 5 min

What’s going on? Berkeley P. just announced on Instagram to make a break from FWT. What does that mean? Just for the next season? Other (filming?) projects? I‘m confused.
    Never occurred to me that he might burnout at the beginning of his promising competitive career.

Probably just realized that he'll have a lot more fun in his lifetime by just going skiing with friends, instead of risking his ass to score glory points. Perfectly logical move, imho.

Probably just realized that he'll have a lot more fun in his lifetime by just going skiing with friends, instead of risking his ass to score glory points. Perfectly logical move, imho.
    Yeah, this.

Freeride World Tour - 2019

I could see him being frustrated that his style doesn’t seem to be rewarded by judges. It’s too bad though I really like watching him ski. He rips it like I imagine I would want to -if you know- I had:
    Skills
    Talent
    Strength
    Physical ability
    Brass balls

Quote Originally Posted by roQer View Post
    What’s going on? Berkeley P. just announced on Instagram to make a break from FWT. What does that mean? Just for the next season? Other (filming?) projects? I‘m confused.
    Never occurred to me that he might burnout at the beginning of his promising competitive career.
    If I'm not mistaken, he didn't make the cut to move on next year. Which I think means you have to requalify through the FWQ.

Probably just realized that he'll have a lot more fun in his lifetime by just going skiing with friends, instead of risking his ass to not score points that instead get rewarded based on who the fwt organizers want on the podium. Perfectly logical move, imho.
    Fify

The judging this year was a total joke and they know it. Tanner should not be in 7th place. Berkeley should be headed the Bec. Tanner should be going home with his tail between his legs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Winning run from the Junior Worlds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NdxDlBxFU

Total slayage by Maxime Chabloz. His riding style seems almost proto-Alto.
    sproing!

^^ That venue looks super fun... lots of creative options available.

That was rad. Strong up and comer to watch for.