Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1110
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Permin's skiing: not real. So good. But funny enough, I remember seeing a Permin FWT vid. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_sE8GpSNvw

Tentative, slow, lost, and capped off by a total ragdoll. Can you imagine the vitriol that would have ensued if T-Hall skied any of his lines like that??
    Nice find. It did look like he lost his way there. Someone can be a great skier and lose their way, or crash. Permin was a great big mountain skier even back then, his shots in The Way I See It, which are from the winter of 2010, are pretty nuts. I think he could have done well in that contest, he just lost his line and got a bit confused. It happens to the best. He was in a sketchy spot, and probably was unsure about where he was. That is certainly understandable.

Candide coming in and winning was pretty amazing. I would think it takes more than just being a great skier to do well on the FWT, you have to figure lines out and learn how to make good decisions. I think if Permin spent some time competing he would do well, he is an incredible skier. It is somewhat like that in surfing. Bruce Irons was arguably the second best surfer on the planet at one point, after Kelly. He was probably third, after Kelly and his brother. He was never a great contest surfer, he actually won his first WCT contest after he had announced he was quitting the tour, and it was a contest at a perfect Indonesian reef. I think big mountain skiing contests are about decision making and route finding as well as skiing. One would think the route finding would be in place for the film guys, they are scoping a face and planning their line, but I think there is probably a difference. It would be interesting to hear about the differences in the way it is done between film and contest from someone who has extensive experience in both, a Cody Townsend, Windtstedt or an Ian Mac. I would be curious to hear them compare skiing AK lines in the movies vs. skiing a contest line on the Bec.

Permin competed at Sochi in 2010 too. I can't find a video of his line. He finished 15th, so not great, but he did finish ahead of some very good skiers.

I wish I could find a link to Permin's part in The Way I See It. He was destroying some very big lines even back in 2010. I think he just did not have a good day at the contest.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

To the points made above regarding the limitations of snowboarding, and the advantages of skiing in Bec type terrain, I believe this to be is a very insightful video. I think it makes clear the revolutionary impetus that snowboarding provided, but also it's limitations.

It has to be said however that Steve Klassen and Xavier are so cool. Those dudes are cool in a way beyond measure and comprehension. I had never even heard of Steve Klassen before this years event but duuuuuuuuuude!!!!

Steve Klassen's laid out power slide a la skateboarding (1:38), over exposure is so, so, so cool.
    Last edited by Angle Parking; 04-04-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Freeride World Tour - 2019

Rewatching fwt vids. Kristofer Turdell is incomprehensibly good . That is all i have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Rewatching fwt vids. Kristofer Turdell is incomprehensibly good . That is all i have to say.
    I'll have to go back and watch a few runs now that they aren't fresh and rescore.... thanks for the bump.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

From FWT social mediumz

After 2 full seasons on the Tour Markus Eder has decided to hang up his jersey and will not be competing in the FWT20 he is going to spend the coming winters working on a new personal project. We wish him all the best!
    Bummer! Best of luck to a true champ.

Some sweet highlights from the Remarks: https://www.freerideworldtour.com/ne...down-south-fwq
    sproing!

Not sure how to time stamp but if you skip to 3:35:00 you will see the run of Abel Moga. Good enough for 3rd place there's just something about this run that keeps me coming back. The 2019 event features multiple skiers heading to that part of the venue but there's an 'uncharted territory' element to Moga's run that is very cool. Bold. The commentators add a very cool vibe as well. Great run.

https://www.freerideworldtour.com/ev...pl-head/replay

And on a similar 'uncharted territory' vibe is Tabke's run at Verbier this year. I'm not saying that he should have placed or anything, but it is a very cool run.

Take is so so cool.

FWT just dropped their trailer for the 2020 season - Hakuba, Kicking Horse, Vallnord-Arcalis, Fieberbrunn, Verbier. Same as last year.

Should we start another thread or just keep rolling with this one?
    sproing!

I vote new thread.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

+1