Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Andorra looks like a great venue. Snowbird doesn't have enough vert to satisfy most competitors and it would have to be close for a week or two to public beforehand. Revy was an amazing venue.
    Agree on all of this. Love Andorra - unreal venue - it's like a big version of the Cirque.

What about Mt. Superior instead of N. Baldy? I suppose there would be no way to close it...

Any other USA comp locations? Jackson? All the other venues I can think of are great, but maybe not FWT-caliber - Moonlight Basin/Headwaters; Crested Butte; Silver King at Crystal; etc...
    sproing!

Telluride - Black Iron Bowl & Palmyra ?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Agree on all of this. Love Andorra - unreal venue - it's like a big version of the Cirque.

What about Mt. Superior instead of N. Baldy? I suppose there would be no way to close it...

Any other USA comp locations? Jackson? All the other venues I can think of are great, but maybe not FWT-caliber - Moonlight Basin/Headwaters; Crested Butte; Silver King at Crystal; etc...
    One year there was rumor the finals were going to be on Superior after issues at SB. Not sure why it fell through. I was wondering how the hell they were going to pull a permit so fast. Most of Superior is private property, so maybe possible, but all the privileged tourers around here would whine to no end if that was an option.

Headwaters is pretty limited and can be ugly, Silver King is even shorter vert than N Baldy, CB I like but it's so different than anything else on tour, and I worked the Telluride event once, Palmyra I believe, and I think it was big enough for a FWT. I don't remember if it had enough variety of lines though.

Backside of Revie had it all, except reliable weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Telluride - Black Iron Bowl & Palmyra ?
    I think they already hold a FWQ event there if that tells you anything. I also don't think there is a chance they'd hold an event in SW Colorado due to inconsistent snow.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    One year there was rumor the finals were going to be on Superior after issues at SB. Not sure why it fell through. I was wondering how the hell they were going to pull a permit so fast. Most of Superior is private property, so maybe possible, but all the privileged tourers around here would whine to no end if that was an option.
    Superior would be sweet but good luck closing it for a week or more. I don't think UDOT or the locals would allow that. I remember alto commented that he thought the NE Face of Lone Peak would be the ultimate Wasatch venue and i must agree, it's the closest thing we have to what I imagine the Bec des rosses is like. It's in wilderness so no possibility of it happening.

I think Alaska and Revelstoke are the two venues I'd like to see. I also haven't been very impressed with the Japan venues but then again it always seems to dump when they hold events there

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I also haven't been very impressed with the Japan venues but then again it always seems to dump when they hold events there
    Pretty sure it has more to do with it *always* snowing in Japan than the scheduled event dates. ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

This is the originally proposed JP venue. Too much snow each year in January. Hopefully this year works out. We have one system on its way this week, but hopefully next week it doesn't snow. Hmmm... It's called Japanuary for a reason.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fwq4-_face_preview_picture_of_the_riding_face.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	929.1 KB 
ID:	263222

All that said, what isn't shown in that pic is the runout. It's one valley below all that hanging exposure above. Kind of a death trap that nobody wants to hang out in.

Furthermore, there are 8 FWQ & J stops in Japan this year. The opportunity for future venues is just beginning to show itself as logistical problems get solved this winter. The guy building the local tour is killing it in selling it to resorts. I would expect that you will see more out of Japan in the future, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Furthermore, there are 8 FWQ & J stops in Japan this year. The opportunity for future venues is just beginning to show itself as logistical problems get solved this winter. The guy building the local tour is killing it in selling it to resorts. I would expect that you will see more out of Japan in the future, not less.

This is awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    We have one system on its way this week, but hopefully next week it doesn't snow. Hmmm... It's called Japanuary for a reason.
    Fuck that shit. I'm gonna be pissed if I finally go to Japan in January and it doesn't snow!

Happy to see that Pehota is back.

Oftpistes PNW contingent is off:

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    The Mac Daddy face comp in revelstoke was so fkn good.
    Think they're running FWQ's and maybe some juniors there.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Buncha freakin' goofs! Grif did that in every pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Oftpistes PNW contingent is off:

good looking 100 series photobombing that pic as well

Their limo.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    good looking 100 series photobombing that pic as well

^^Only if you're the cutest date I can find that day.

But I do appreciate the offer!

who is going to win this year?

Fuck that´s really hard to predict! Kelly Slater?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 19.33.03.png 
Views:	148 
Size:	330.0 KB 
ID:	264046

From an Austrian point of view??? Don´t know? Fabio Studer is always good for a podium in any event.
    Stefan Häusl thought him the tactics.

in general Loïc Collomb-Patton is not competing.... so that´s for sure one missing who could have been on top...

drew did it before so he is good for anything. turdell again why not.
    Last edited by nordekette; 01-12-2019 at 05:23 PM.

I haven't really been paying attention lately. Is T. Hall actually on the tour? There was a big announcement a while back, right? But I haven't heard anything since. Is he doing all of the stops? Is some rasta Jah shit gonna guide him to the win? Will he break his ankles?

RIP Tanner Hall
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Is there a beater division?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Is there a beater division?
    We R it.

Just here to hype Andrew and Jacqueline Pollard. So pumped to see them in the tour. Andrew is the best all around skier at Alta/Snowbird and his sister has been skiing with the whole crew shredders since forever. Best female skier in the canyon since Angel Collison. Plus they're both good kids. Andrew was always the grom who was able to ski and school the older local chargers. High hopes for both.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Think they're running FWQ's and maybe some juniors there.....
    FWQ 2* was just a couple days ago on Separate Reality. The 4* was right after on North Bowl. Jr's are later on Separate Reality.

https://www.newschoolers.com/videos/...zA9WyUyiq0SKog

I watched those kids grow up - and all their homies (G-how, Roses, Pratt etc.) - coming up through the jr. circuit starting about 10 years ago. Great kids, great skiers. Super stoked to see them make it, and especially Andrew - same age as my #1 - who has come so close a couple of times.

Also the twin Peiffer brothers who are from Whistler and the same age as my #2.

It's so cool to see these folks as young adults having known them since they were little shithead groms! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Just here to hype Andrew and Jacqueline Pollard. So pumped to see them in the tour. Andrew is the best all around skier at Alta/Snowbird and his sister has been skiing with the whole crew shredders since forever. Best female skier in the canyon since Angel Collison. Plus they're both good kids. Andrew was always the grom who was able to ski and school the older local chargers. High hopes for both.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I haven't really been paying attention lately. Is T. Hall actually on the tour? There was a big announcement a while back, right? But I haven't heard anything since. Is he doing all of the stops? Is some rasta Jah shit gonna guide him to the win? Will he break his ankles?
    From Instagram it looks like he’s in Japan so I think so yep.

Wasn't there a full tour summer stop in SA a few years ago? Chile maybe? Would love to see that again, as well as AK.