Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    ^^another mystery of FWT judging! I had the same thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post

And come on, was there really a moment in Japan where you lost your shit from what went down? Different flavours though.
    The highlight for me was the traverse through the trees / twigs. I want a highlight of that so I can watch it over and over.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

My Hakuba highlight was the big back flip by Hedvig Wessel. That was a sweet air. Different venues different skills, put them all together and you get the overall champs. Makes sense to me.

Here's a bunch of photos I took. Gives a cool view of the entire week. Beware, it's a BUNCH of photos.

http://www.doglotion.com/visuals-freeride-world-tour
    Some of these actions shots are awesome! Thanks for posting. Murray's flat 3 was out of focus as you mentioned, but Eder's 3 looks sick (still not quite in focus but whatever). What camera & lens were you using? I'm not big into photography, just trying to understand the basics of getting decent action shots.

Eder's 3 for anybody too lazy to click the link.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc04500.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	928.0 KB 
ID:	268779
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I loved Murray claim before dropping in.

Someone should stop midline and pee on the bec.
    while calling mom of course
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    while calling mom of course
    naked

Just read that Travis Rice is doing Kings and Queens of Corbets next week..

What a fun, different season for him. Can't wait to see what he can pull off there.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Curious, how did the stop and hype the crowd / unstick your pole from the rope or whatever not hurt his Fluidity score? Is it only because his run basically hadnt started yet? Although I agree that once he pointed them Murray had the run of the day, I was suprised seeing such a high score with the big pause at the top.
    Funny you ask. I sat in on one of the judges meetings and they talked about getting a stop watch for the runs to test fluidity. I told them I thought it was pointless to time the runs considering they normally don't judge the inrun and out run. Many venues have a long access. Historically, the run starts when they drop in to the actual face. In Jr's and FWQ we definitely judge for the entire time they are skiing (including a controlled stop in the finish corral). This is far beyond what the FWT does. We used to time runs but ditched it because fluidity and energy aren't all about time. Skiing a tiny run vs a large run like Berk or Liam should definitely factor though.

Bottom line, Craig's pole got stuck in an old buried rope line. He unstuck it and took one second to restoke himself and maybe get the eyes back on him. Hell, the announcers thought he was lost, maybe the judges would have lost interest too.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Some of these actions shots are awesome! Thanks for posting. Murray's flat 3 was out of focus as you mentioned, but Eder's 3 looks sick (still not quite in focus but whatever). What camera & lens were you using? I'm not big into photography, just trying to understand the basics of getting decent action shots.

Eder's 3 for anybody too lazy to click the link.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc04500.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	928.0 KB 
ID:	268779
    Thanks! Eder's 3 went from more in focus (keep in mind thats cropped on a crop sensor) to way out. Super bummed. I am shooting on a sony a6000 and did half the comp with a 70-300 f4 which I just got and am having trouble figuring out the autofocus for fast stuff like this on tele. The other half of the comp was on a 1968 pentax 400m f5.6 manual everything of course. I tend to get more in focus with that as I am used to manual focus. The behind the scenes were shot with a rokinon 12mm 2.8 and vintage pentax 50 1.4, all manual.

I think my focus zone was too wide when it was jumping.

Here's a fun vid of a 14 year old that was just out for the jr comp hitting Eder's air with a cork 3. Although it was smaller, it goes to show how un-tech that hit was and how gnarly the air that Tom and Liam did at the bottom was. https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrW4KgDLIM/

PS. everyone also needs to appreciate Leo Slemett's 3 at the bottom of the venue.

Here's a fun vid of a 14 year old that was just out for the jr comp hitting Eder's air with a cork 3. Although it was smaller, it goes to show how un-tech that hit was and how gnarly the air that Tom and Liam did at the bottom was. https://www.instagram.com/p/BtrW4KgDLIM/

PS. everyone also needs to appreciate Leo Slemett's 3 at the bottom of the venue.
    Tom and Liams air were large. Liam flowed it smooth! love his run.

Leo's 3 was one of the most difficult moves on the venue. To bad he hipped it. That guy rips but he's been struggling with that ankle injury last couple seasons. Just not skiing at his best due to the injury. He needs to take some time off and heal himself up!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Just read that Travis Rice is doing Kings and Queens of Corbets next week..

What a fun, different season for him. Can't wait to see what he can pull off there.
    For some reason it wasn't included in the video they put out yesterday. Neither was the sit skier although they put out a separate video for that.

Freeride World Tour - 2019

That photo of Eder’s 3 really puts Reine’s massive send into perspective. The large tricks being thrown down is cool and all, but I’m in awe of how dialed he is in stomping massive airs. Almost never faulters over how many years? Makes me think of Hugo H in the older movies.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    For some reason it wasn't included in the video they put out yesterday. Neither was the sit skier although they put out a separate video for that.
    The 'coverage' (or lack thereof) the past 2 years has been quite disappointing. Hyping the thing up and then forcing people to watch in 20-30 second snippets on IG or FB.
    FWT live streams FTW! (well, minus KH with the issues, but what can you do?)

The app still can't delete posts. Sry yall

Any news about Fieberbrunn ? The last weeks have been fairly dry and sunny, and this week end temps were positives until 2200m...

Quote Originally Posted by zede View Post
    Any news about Fieberbrunn ? The last weeks have been fairly dry and sunny, and this week end temps were positives until 2200m...
    I’m seeing 5-10cm Thurs-Fri, then sunny and getting warmer as days go by... snow is still good and powdery on the north faces in northern Switz, which looks a bit warmer but higher (I’m told - been in Cape Town last week and just going back up mountain tomorrow).

Also, I didn’t appreciate how big most of those cliffs were at KH because the athletes go down so fast and smoothly, but BC’s pics really help put the shit-your-pants factor in perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    Also, I didn’t appreciate how big most of those cliffs were at KH because the athletes go down so fast and smoothly, but BC’s pics really help put the shit-your-pants factor in perspective...
    Remember, if it looks cool on video it's really big. If it looks big on video it's fucking huuuge.

Like the teaser for Feiberbrunn on the FWT site;

https://www.freerideworldtour.com/vi...a/258121/25886

We can and should dissect the judging and tech and other aspects of the FWT but the euros get a lot of stuff right. Psyched for Feiberbrunn. It's like we had the shorter, fun oriented venues to start and now we ramp up into some serious sh*t for the second half of the tour. Love it!

So midnight tonight we get the live stream here on the west coast. Can y'all not give out the results until sunday when there is a watchable version up?

Kinda sounds like the snow conditions there are shit. Hopefully it's manageable.

Raining hard at opening ceremonies. Everyone was in garbage bags.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Oh boy, that sounds lovely...

Fingers crossed someone skis on Super G skis and flashes a line at 55mph
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.