Whitedot r.108 carbonlite: Who's skied it?

Scarce info out there aside from Exotic skis/iriponsnow's glowing review and some random comments about them being like skinny Lashas. Got these for a sweet deal on GS. Was hoping they'd be a more soft-snow oriented, lighter version of my existing Pure3 Wailer 105s.

They're 200g lighter on my scale than the W105s, so that's good, but definitely NOT flat-cambered like Exotic said (was hoping for close to flat), and nowhere near as rockered as the drawing on the whitedot site (not a massive surprise - it is a rendering and not a photo of the actual ski). In fact, the rocker and camber are pretty much identical to the W105s.

Will prolly just mount the fuckers and see if they ski the same as the W105 for less weight, but was wondering if others had experience. These are my daily-driver touring sticks in the PNW - I've got fatter for huge days, and skinnier/lighter for volcanos/big missions. Won't see any inbounds, so don't give a shit about crud/bumps/groomers. Mostly interested in how loose they ski in pow/soft.

They are my hands down favorite pow ski ever. I passed them along this season to a buddy who needed new boards (I went full GripWalk & these were DIN). What amazed me was how they could roll up on edge & handle Eastern crap snow & then just as easily pivot / ski centered / slarve free. They def have some camber & feel more lively than a DPS. Just mount & enjoy em!

*Eric & I have 98s this season

* ExoticSkis was tasked with sourcing the mounting point on these & we had like 6 mounts on these for various test clamps. In the end, we plugged holes after testing- mounted em with STH2 & I skied the crap outta em for 3 more seasons - tuned em up & they were like brand new for my buddy.

So the midsole mark is where you’d recommend mounting, I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    So the midsole mark is where you’d recommend mounting, I take it?
    It is now

I just sold a pair of the 186 trad layup for domestic reasons. Quiver rationalisation allowed me to buy a lightly used pair of 191 carbon Lhasas that I just could not resist.

The trad R.108s are very similar to the 186 Lhasa down to the flex and the rocker profile. Their performance is very similar, although they are slightly less floaty in powder as they are narrower. Their hardpack performance is a lot better as they have slightly more tail width. This removes the absolute requirement for a forward stance on firm snow - necessary with the 186 Lhasa - and you can ski them with a more centred stance. They still reward a more "drive the tips" style, though. The skis won't throw you if you get backseat - like the 186 Lhasa would and you can engage more of the length of the edge. Other than that, they are very, very similar skis in the way they perform.