Planning and Zoning Director, Victor Idaho

The City of Victor, Idaho, a bedroom community near Jackson Hole, Wyoming, is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, team-oriented professional with an ability to take initiative to work in a rapidly expanding town located in the heart of the Teton Mountain Range. This supervisory position will play an integral role in implementing Victor’s Comprehensive Plan, the newly adopted Land Use Code, and managing and professionally processing many development applications. Primary duties further include long-range and current planning assignments, providing planning expertise and recommendations to the Victor City Council and Planning and Zoning Commission, and displaying leadership in setting and implementing departmental goals.

Minimum qualifications are a degree in planning, architecture, landscape architecture, or a related field and three years of progressively responsible experience in the planning field. Excellent technical, written and oral communication skills are a must. The City of Victor offers a competitive benefit package that includes health insurance, optional vision and dental insurance, retirement benefits and paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO) program. Please submit resumes to Olivia Goodale, City Administrator at oliviag@victorcityidaho.com.

Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position may be filled at any point in the recruitment process. The position deadline is October 22, 2018 but it may be extended. The City of Victor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and application preference is given to Veterans.
    ----------------------------------------------------

There's a lot going on in our sleepy little mountain town, it would be great to get a strong candidate who prefers daily ski and bike breaks.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

damn i wish i would have seen this a few months ago! Would be perfect for the wife!

I have to have a degree in a relevant field? Because here, I think the city planners just pull things out of their ass.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

They scored a well qualified former dirtbag- https://buckrail.com/victor-hires-pl...ning-director/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    damn i wish i would have seen this a few months ago! Would be perfect for the wife!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    They scored a well qualified former dirtbag- https://buckrail.com/victor-hires-pl...ning-director/

Damn. I have a friend who works at NOLS and has advanced degrees in geography I would've passed this onto.

Seems like they got a pretty cool person to fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post

Hopefully Marian doesn't run him out of town!

Anyone with half a brain would jump ship shortly after encountering the drunken, pathological liar of a liability who passes for one of your councilmen.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Hopefully Marian doesn't run him out of town!
    She sure will try her hardest.
    Live Free or Die

I can't speak to the Idaho side but the wyo side has a long history of hiring fresh young planners from far away who have stars in their eyes about how these completely unique communities could be better.

Then they move on, leaving poor decisions and their effects for the locals to manage.

Another rookie.