Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    This is why I still
    Come here... mags are great for beta

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Here’s how I like to imagine riding Black Rock in my wildest dreams
    https://youtu.be/u2UdHo9chvI

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

So yeah, thanks for the tip on Oakridge. Today was all time and I had no idea of this place. Rode Lawler and Hardesty, climbing up to the latter after shuttling the first. Just sickness all over the place. No good photos to share, but trust the stoke. I don't know that I've ever ridden dirt with the kind of grip this stuff has- you can just wrench on your tires in every corner,.

Oakridge is sooo good!
    Collectively enlightened since 2008.
    Eddie would go.

Lawler is my fav! Eula is probably my #2 in that area.

Glad you got it in good conditions. I hope you did the Patterson Mountain lookout out-and-back from the shelter, that’s probably the biggest clover (sorrel) mats I’ve ever seen in my life.

Remember what I said about staying here for 3 days, ideally 5

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

End of October riding in Ashland OR never disappoints!

Saturday: Great views of Mount Shasta and Bear Creek Valley, warm weather, leaves everywhere ...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9194.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	858.5 KB 
ID:	253011

Name:	IMG_9198.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	253012

Sunday: Rain on high-quartz-content, very granular decomposing granite made for hero conditions (when your goggles/glasses were actually clean enough or de-fogged enough to see)

Name:	IMG_9207.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	253032

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Thanks so much for the beta Schralph - this thread was perfectly timed. After a few underwhelming days in Bend (I only rode the stuff close to town) I rode O'Leary Ridge based on your rec. Really incredible trail, fits the IMBA "epic" designation IMO.

Hoping the weather holds out so I can check out Oakridge Sunday - Tuesday of next week...

Can anyone suggest a good 1-2 hour pedal loop for the Ashland trails? I'm in the area now and my focus was steelhead fishing on the rogue but these fish are being assholes. Considering a break from the fishing to get a bike ride in. I rode something there once that consisted of a fire road up and then a pretty fun trail down that kind of paralleled the road and had some pretty big gap jumps on it. Can't remember the name of it but thinking about maybe checking something else out.

Dfinn you have some options ...

1) start from Lithia Park, pedal south up Ashland Loop Road to top of Caterpillar, very short climb back north before dropping Lizard and Jabberwocky. Intermediate flow trail with berms, doubles, tables, wallrides, no gaps. Best option if you want to start finish in a quaint downtown setting with great coffee and food options.

2) drive to Four Corners parking area on Tolman Creek Road, pedal up Ashland Loop Road to Bull Gap, climb that, drop down Upper Links/Missing Links/Lower Links. More like “natural flow” trail riding - combination of rock gardens, berms with transfers, jumps, and small optional gaps. Great trail.

3) If you are on the upper stretches of the Rogue, maybe consider Brown Mountain loop. 2 hour XC loop next to Mount McLoughlin, mix of volcanic lava and mossy Doug Fir forests, easy and scenic. Also a great place to camp (Fourmile Lake).

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Thanks! A good coffee and option #1 sounds like a pretty good stop on my way south to the Klamath.

Best trails in Oregon

In that case, Mix Bakeshop for coffee/croissants, Ruby’s for breakfast burrito. If you’re feeling like really self indulging after your ride, Standing Stone Brewery downtown has probably the best nachos I’ve had in my entire life, and I grew up in Southern California basically subsisting on such things since I was old enough to walk. (But Caldera Brewery at the I5 onramp has a better beer selection, more my style of brews, and the Rogue Valley Salad there is also about as good as it gets)

Enjoy the trails and town!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell