Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    See the recent bump in the Hood River thread. Not the best trails in Oregon, but since you're there, the Timberline to Govy to Rhododendron trail is a good shuttle to do. Surveyors ridge can also be shuttled. Sandy Ridge is worth a look too IMO if you still have time to drive out there. Only takes about ~45 minutes to plod your way to the top of the system via a gated paved road. The lift served trails at T-Line are not worth it IMO and i'm not even sure when they open that.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Is there a good 2-3 hour oakridge ride that folks can recommend?
    The ATCA pictured above is a great ride. Commercial shuttles available as well if you don't want to beat up your rig and wife.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Ill also be in the Eugene area in early july- same situation with prego wife shuttle. Is there a good 2-3 hour oakridge ride that folks can recommend?
    Lawler is one of the closer trails to Eugene, mostly direct shuttle and has a nice creek to hang out at the bottom of the trail. Eula is good too but requires high clearance to reach the trailhead.

Larrison Rock is a quick shuttle and faster ride.

Alpine and ACTA is a longer ride and not an easy shuttle. Fun for a half/full day ride if you have time.

Dead Mountain shuttle is easy and the wife can hang in town instead of a side of a highway like Lawler. Loops back to town via bike easy. Trail is great.

I like Larison Rock but that’s not the trail you ride if you can only do one In Oakridge. But it’s a super quick bonus shuttle if you can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Dead Mountain shuttle is easy and the wife can hang in town instead of a side of a highway like Lawler. Loops back to town via bike easy. Trail is great.

I like Larison Rock but that’s not the trail you ride if you can only do one In Oakridge. But it’s a super quick bonus shuttle if you can pull it off.
    I think you’re thinking of Hardesty or Eula. Lawler exits at this enjoyable spot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1623806602.214982.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	377257

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    I think you’re thinking of Hardesty or Eula. Lawler exits at this enjoyable spot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1623806602.214982.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	357.0 KB 
ID:	377257
    Ha, yes you are right. I'm thinking of Hardesty on the highway. Lawler ends in a nice place with a stream as you said, some active Barred Owls communicating very loudly (as of last week), and an end section worth hiking/riding back up to session a few times.

So, what's your opinion on Hardesty to Eula? Or just Eula in general?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    So, what's your opinion on Hardesty to Eula? Or just Eula in general?
    I haven’t ridden Hardesty in years but I remember it being mostly a hikers trail. Eula is very steep in sections and has a fun lower section where you can let off the brakes.

You’re right though, the pickups for those shuttles are not ideal

Will be meeting some friends in Oakridge from 8/31- 9/4. Planning as many shuttle laps as we can fit in three full days, and maybe some shorter outings on arrival and departure. Seems like pretty easy logistics all around

But, curious if there’s any noteworthy beta from this current season and this specific time of year? Any trails riding particularly good or bad right now? Anything the shuttle outfits wouldn’t bother to share? Bike related or otherwise…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Best trails in Oregon

I live 45 mins from there. Most noteworthy things happening this year (and generally every August through mid September) are fire related:
    -Bedrock Fire has closed the upper portion of Alpine trail, and it’s still possible to do a reduced Alpine shuttle or partial ATCA loop but right now smoke is a persistent issue in Oakridge proper. That may change at the end of August but it’s still too early to predict at this point. There are other trails that you can ride to get away from smoke, it depends on the winds but under prevailing conditions the trails at Hardesty Portal and Moon Point / Upper Middle Fork Timpanogas area could be much better. Smoke may affect McKenzie River area (MRT, Ollalie OLeary, Kings Castle) as well, depends on winds.
    -Waldo Lake loop and Bunchgrass are closed for possibly the next 2 years due to Cedar Creek fire damage. There is still riding in that area (Fuji, Twins), but again the warning about smoke applies. Use AirNow, Purple Air, and windy.com to predict how smoke will be blown from Bedrock and any new starts from recent lightning (I’m not aware of any but it’s too early to tell).
    -I’m happy to share more beta offline or here as the time gets closer. We usually don’t get our first smoke quashing rain until mid September. It’s impossible to predict this time of year if cool moist marine onshore flow comes in (generally good for clean air) or if the westerlies break down and inversions set up which choke the region (and my house).
    -Coastal riding (Whiskey Run, Alsea Falls) is generally a great backup plan if your lodging is flexible. Carpenter Bypass is reasonably close to Oakridge and can offer shorter, but entertaining options if Oakridge is smoky.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Awesome Schralph — super helpful! Will start watching the smoke reports and definitely shoot you a dm closer to trip time if things are looking iffy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums