Best time for a Turnagain/Chugach spring trip?

Going to visit and stay with family up there so timing is super flexible. Planning on mostly staying in the Turnagain and Chugach front range. Touring exclusively. Have some familiarity with the Turnagain classics in May of a big year. Thoughts?

Is it just a ski trip or is there hope for other touristing stuff? Later is better since things start to open, like the boat rides out of Whittier or Seward for example.

If ski only I'd pick March, my favorite time of year - but it all depends on weather of course.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yep, exclusively skiing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

March/April.

Thanks. I figured as much. I guess I was wondering more specifically when, between early march & late april. It seems like a lot of transitioning going on in that period. I'm sure it's season dependent, just trying to figure out the optimal time to buy our tix.

its all a crapshoot for those 2months, theres no "specifically when" if you can keep an eye on weather your best bet is to wait for the window and book it a few days in advance.

I use to say your not a skier if you are notin ak in march. After last year i may not be thete this year. But march april and plan on staying 2 months

My birthday is march 24, and I usually try to ski on my birthday and it is usually pretty good.

February is best. I can't wait. People like march and april because you can go skiing after work
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    February is best. I can't wait. People like march and april because you can go skiing after work
    I really like Dec and Jan back when we had Mid 1 rocking storm night skiing. Now just long tram laps into warm zone...

Don't like flat light just wait for the lights to come on.

Remember back when we'd get 200 inches every decmber? Those were the days
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care